Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution

Today marks the worldwide release of Hitman: Absolution, marking the return of 47 and this stealth/action series. Here's word from the description on Steam:

Hitman: Absolution follows the Original Assassin undertaking his most personal contract to date. Betrayed by the Agency and hunted by the police, Agent 47 finds himself pursuing redemption in a corrupt and twisted world.

View
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Nov 21, 2012, 01:58 Tomas

Only played the first two levels so far, but it's been fun. I played Bloodmoney (and one other Hitman title), but wouldn't consider myself a Hitman fanatic by any means. that said, I do love stealth games. I would consider myself a Thief and Deus Ex fanatic.

I had a horrible sound issue where I had no sound until it would suddenly come in hissing and crackling until it nearly blew my speakers (cat like reflexes saved the day and my ears as well) that was easily resolved after figuring out that it doesn't like my quadraphonic speaker setup (I know, I'm lame...they are old, but they sound really good...haha).

Anyhow, I can see the validity of the complaints we've been hearing about, but I'm also enjoying the game for what it is. The presentation is really solid so far, and so I'm trying to enjoy it as just a new stealth title. So far so good. I find that I enjoy just using my last save point a lot and trying various things out. The nice part is you get credit for doing things even if you don't finis the mission. For example, to get a sniper kill credit in a mission you can assassinate the target and then immediately after just restart your last checkpoint and continue on how you really wanted to do the mission, but you retain the credit for having done it the other way as well. This may become more complicated later on, but in the first few missions it has worked fine.

And for 29 bucks (GMG is awesome)...I'm pretty happy just playing around. =)

Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Nov 21, 01:58 Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Tomas
  2. Nov 21, 05:09  Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Jerykk
  3. Nov 21, 05:48   Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution SectorEffector
  4. Nov 21, 05:54 Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Tomas
  6. Nov 21, 09:18  Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution J
  7. Nov 21, 12:31   Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Quboid
  5. Nov 21, 09:12 Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Quboid
  8. Nov 21, 16:32 Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution D4rkKnight

footer

Blue's News logo