Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs

This job posting and this one seek software engineers to join Halo developer 343 Studios, to work on "building the next generation of backend services to power Halo 4 and our new game saga." As noted by GameSpot, each listing has an interesting note under qualifications for an ideal candidate: "Experience in MMO development."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs Nov 21, 2012, 07:23 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 22:25:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 22:01:
Granted Halo would be perfect for a Planetside type of gameplay, I just don't see it working.

And they already tried it once before.

Hence the 'have canceled them' comment. Sides that Halo MMO was (at least by appearance a WoW type MMO)

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs Nov 21, 2012, 06:56 Mordecai Walfish

and planetside 2 released today which is like a halo mmo.

one can only wonder what they're up to.

6. Re: Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs Nov 21, 2012, 03:23 DangerDog

I guess it's official, next gen consoles are going to be MMO enabled.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 02:07 entr0py

Rigs wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 23:15:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Why did you have to show me that, nin?! I had NO idea there had been an attempt at a HALO Mamorphaga...Now I have to be all 'emo-angsty' over something that almost existed years ago...dammit, sometimes being a fanboy sucks...

=-Rigs-=

And doesn't it make it worse that it was cancelled so MS could dump more money into their kinect strategy? Now that they've learned that casual friendly gimmick controllers have a short shelf life, maybe they can go back to the plan.

I'd just like to see someone make a successful and high budget MMOFPS, even if it's for a console.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 23:19 nin

If it makes you feel any better, I would have tried it out, too.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 23:15 Rigs

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Why did you have to show me that, nin?! I had NO idea there had been an attempt at a HALO Mamorphaga...Now I have to be all 'emo-angsty' over something that almost existed years ago...dammit, sometimes being a fanboy sucks...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

2. Re: Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs Nov 20, 2012, 22:25 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 22:01:
Granted Halo would be perfect for a Planetside type of gameplay, I just don't see it working.

And they already tried it once before.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs Nov 20, 2012, 22:01 The Half Elf

Why would they even attempt a MMO? Microsoft has shut down every MMO they have attempted, and on a console made 1 attempt and shut it down. Granted Halo would be perfect for a Planetside type of gameplay, I just don't see it working.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo