Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Legend of Dungeon Kickstarter & Demo

Kickstarter now has a campaign to fund Legend of Dungeon, a pixel art roguelike for Windows, OS X, and Linux by husband-and-wife team RobotLovesKitty. The game has a modest $5,000 goal, and to see if it's worthy of your support, here's a trailer, and there's also a playable demo of an early build. Here's word on that: "As you explore the sparsely lit dungeon, gather items and battle monsters you will no doubt end up dead, and like classic rogue, death is game over. Except with co-op, instead, you turn into a ghost and collect the glowing souls of monsters your comrades have slain in order to revive. Another interesting aspect of single and multiplayer is that the dungeon doesn't adjust for player count, so alone you might have more apples to eat and hats to wear, but there will also be more monsters for you alone to kill."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Legend of Dungeon Kickstarter & Demo Nov 21, 2012, 05:25 coldcut

I hate "trailers" showing exactly one second "gameplay" and then fading to black/changing the scene. That's just annoying and gives me the feel that they are hiding something. Yes, I know, it's a teaser trailer, but that's just the impression I get from it, nothing I can do about that.

Also, I'm kind of cautious when it comes to "pixelated roguelike" as I was very disappointed by "Hack, slash, loot", whose graphics style (or rather, how the 3d "effect" was achieved), always had me confused as to where my guy is standing right now and where I can go to / interact with. That game was an instant buy for me, but I never played it for more than a few minutes.

But this looks kind of different (from what I can tell of this "trailer").

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Legend of Dungeon Kickstarter & Demo Nov 21, 2012, 03:54 jdreyer

Dev wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 23:21:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 22:14:
Cheapest video game KS ever?
Nope, I've seen and backed $3 and $1 ones (yes they gave you the game for that).

I meant the overall total: $5000

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

2. Re: Legend of Dungeon Kickstarter & Demo Nov 20, 2012, 23:21 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 22:14:
Nope, I've seen and backed $3 and $1 ones (yes they gave you the game for that).

1. Re: Legend of Dungeon Kickstarter & Demo Nov 20, 2012, 22:14 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo