Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Steam's Autumn Sale Starts Tomorrow, According To One Developer. Thanks nin.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 15:40 Ant

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 10:24:
John wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 09:50:
Yeah, where's the pill that replaces sleep? I could get a lot of extra gaming done in those 6-7 hours each night!

DARPA has it, its a military project (for now). And yes I want it too! But man that is going to be ripe for abuse.
We care not. We will sleep when we die.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 15:03 StingingVelvet

Jivaro wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 12:36:
Thanks for the feedback folks. It sounds to me like the game doesn't really add to the franchise and that even though the game isn't horrible and I would only be out 6 bucks, my time could probably be better used on something else.

It is one of the things I love about the new XCOM game...it holds up very well to my rose-tinted memories of the original game. The comments here do not give me confidence that my experience with Syndicate would be the same.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the original and is nothing like it. It's just a name on the box though, that matters little to whether the game is worthwhile or not.

Anyway, if you don't like average shooters then I would agree it's not worth the time.

20. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 14:12 John

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 10:24:
DARPA has it, its a military project (for now). And yes I want it too! But man that is going to be ripe for abuse.
Hmm, sounds interesting! I would try it as long as it doesn't have any crazy side-effects such as suicide, death, ED, etc..

This space is available for rent

19. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 13:51 Wowbagger_TIP

XCOM:EU on sale for 33% off. Time for me to pick it up, even though I don't have time to play it yet.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

18. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 12:36 Jivaro

Thanks for the feedback folks. It sounds to me like the game doesn't really add to the franchise and that even though the game isn't horrible and I would only be out 6 bucks, my time could probably be better used on something else.

It is one of the things I love about the new XCOM game...it holds up very well to my rose-tinted memories of the original game. The comments here do not give me confidence that my experience with Syndicate would be the same.

17. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 10:26 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 09:16:
StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 04:18:
I don't get the bloom complaints, it's supposed to look like Blade Runner future.

It's pretty simple, the bloom was overdone to the point of silliness and done very late in development for seemingly no reason. Comparing the promotional shots to the retail release is almost comical. Adding a shitload of bloom is not the same thing as creating atmosphere. I don't think it's a bad game because of the bloom but it's not exactly hard to see why it bothers people.

I agree it has a shit ton of bloom, I just don't think that means insta-bad. Most people who complain about bloom want everything to look realistic, but I'm not as focused on that. I thought Syndicate looked different and interesting.

16. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 10:24 NegaDeath

Yeah, where's the pill that replaces sleep? I could get a lot of extra gaming done in those 6-7 hours each night!

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2012, 11:32.

15. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 09:59 Ant

Ant wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 09:31:
Nice. Where can I buy free times to play all these?
No kidding. Frak sleep. It's overrated!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

14. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 09:50 John

Ant wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 09:31:

13. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 09:31 Ant

12. Re: Steam's Autumn Sale Starts Tomorrow, According To One Developer Nov 21, 2012, 09:29 John

Another sale already?! Bring it on  

11. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 09:23 nin

Prez wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 09:12:
Greenmangaming has stopped working for me. I tried buying Mass Effect 3 four different times with 4 different cards and I keep getting an error saying the transaction could not be completed. Too bad - with my 10 dollar credit and 20% off coupon it would only be $2.80

Have you tried their support? Almost sounds like an account problem.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 09:16 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 04:18:
I don't get the bloom complaints, it's supposed to look like Blade Runner future.

It's pretty simple, the bloom was overdone to the point of silliness and done very late in development for seemingly no reason. Comparing the promotional shots to the retail release is almost comical. Adding a shitload of bloom is not the same thing as creating atmosphere. I don't think it's a bad game because of the bloom but it's not exactly hard to see why it bothers people.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

9. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 09:12 Prez

Greenmangaming has stopped working for me. I tried buying Mass Effect 3 four different times with 4 different cards and I keep getting an error saying the transaction could not be completed. Too bad - with my 10 dollar credit and 20% off coupon it would only be $2.80  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 04:18 StingingVelvet

Jivaro wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 01:41:
Considering Syndicate at 6 bucks on Friday morning.

Anybody already have it? I know it was underwhelming..but is it 6 bucks worthy?

It's a fun 5 hours or so. Got some console stuff in it that's annoying but no more than was common a few years ago. I don't get the bloom complaints, it's supposed to look like Blade Runner future.

7. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 02:56 DangerDog

Jivaro wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 01:41:

You'll probably get six bucks worth of entertainment out of it but it has really nasty bloom, limited FOV, requires Origin - some people get their skirt in a ruffle over it.

6. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 01:41 Jivaro

5. Re: On Sale Nov 20, 2012, 23:47 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 23:25:
Don't think I will be getting much during the sale. My library is huge right now....I don't have anything that is a must have right now.

I'm almost disappointed that I won't be spending ridiculous amounts of money during any of the upcoming Steam sales. I have almost everything I want, and my library and backlog are so huge at this point that I'll probably never play all of the games I own.

4. Re: On Sale Nov 20, 2012, 23:26 nin

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 23:21:
Don't forget to watch GMG closely too!

Speaking of, Sleeping Dogs at $16.99 there. But it ends tomorrow morning - act fast!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: On Sale Nov 20, 2012, 23:25 xXBatmanXx

Don't think I will be getting much during the sale. My library is huge right now....I don't have anything that is a must have right now.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo