Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns

Treyarch Studios tweets that the Nuketown 2025 map for Call of Duty: Black Ops II that was removed from playlists yesterday. Perhaps reacting to the outcry over this, they announce the map has returned as part of a bonus category:

Just launched a new fast-action playlist in the Bonus category called Chaos Moshpit. Back by popular demand: Nuketown 2025!

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 21, 2012, 03:04 DangerDog

Looks fine to me, they only let you run depth of field on low but at least they didn't crank bloom to 9000.

They also don't smear your screen with strawberry jelly when you get hit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 23:36 xXBatmanXx

One thing people keep bringing up is the game lacks "color depth". To make it NOT BROWN, they have removed all depth of the textures, all colors are pretty basic and flat. Probably helps the console processor and GPU.

Game runs a solid capped 60 fps for me. Slowdown every once in a while, but never below 30.

It is a pretty solid game. I hate to admit.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 22:11 xXBatmanXx

Didn't get the Nuketown - oh well. Not a fan of it anyway. It is the answer to "what is wrong with console games" question. The new maps are mostly pretty decent size in Blops2. I put in 20+ hours on my days off and have been enjoying it. The weapon unlocks are mostly not needed. I am still using the set classes and the base stuff all pimped out.

Fun, just wish they would have all of the CORE games in HARDCORE. Lame there are only 4 games. Kill Confirmed is probbaly the best play type, but I get tired of putting a mag of ammo into someone just to have them turn around and lunge 20 feet and stab me. Hardcore modes please.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 20:59 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 16:36:
Dev wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 13:41:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 12:44:
Planetside 2 releases in 15 minutes!!

/not CoD related but awesome anyways =)

It complained when I tried to d/l it. Restarting steam fixed it as usual. If they spend a little more time polishing the GUI and fixing it so I wouldn't have to restart for things like that, it would be less annoying.

Also, valve, where's the paid content for the game? I'd rather buy it all through steam if I end up buying some.

It's an MMO; they may have special package deals on Steam, but they never have their entire cash shop there. No doubt they'd prefer you give them all your money to buy virtual currency, then spend that on things.
Maybe not, but every other F2P game I've seen on steam has SOME option on the front steam store page to buy at least a starter package.

10. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 16:36 jacobvandy

Dev wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 13:41:

It complained when I tried to d/l it. Restarting steam fixed it as usual. If they spend a little more time polishing the GUI and fixing it so I wouldn't have to restart for things like that, it would be less annoying.

Also, valve, where's the paid content for the game? I'd rather buy it all through steam if I end up buying some.

It's an MMO; they may have special package deals on Steam, but they never have their entire cash shop there. No doubt they'd prefer you give them all your money to buy virtual currency, then spend that on things.

9. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 14:56 DangerDog

Nuketown in Blackops was ruined on the PC by the people running the servers cranking the number of players to 18 for a map designed for 8 or less.

But let's recap, they offered NT 2025 as a pre-order bonus map. From release they allowed you to play it using it's very own mini playlist in a "moshpit" mode - no way to just pick 24/7 NT 2025 team deathmatch, you joined a random game mode running on NT 2025 and only NT 2025.

It wasn't that hard to wait for the map to cycle to a game mode you wanted to play on it or leave the server and rejoin to get into another server.

Nobody complained about the "moshpit" random game mode, if you wanted to play the other maps you could avoid NT 2025 altogether.

Then a week after the game has been released they removed it from the playlist and claimed it was only for special events like double xp weekends.

COD players revolted, treyarch acted all stupid "derp it wasn't our decision, don't kill the messenger derp", turned it into some sort of twitter attention whore contest - retweet some lame hashtag crap a billion times and maybe we'll bring it back.

Now they claim they've reinstated it because of the furor they created, but now you'll need to cycle through all the other maps - with random game modes - to maybe get a chance to play NT 2025.

The "maybe" part comes into play because if one person on the server doesn't have NT 2025 it won't come up on the play list. This is part of their, nobody will ever get kicked from a lobby policy.

They created the monster with their size 9 shoebox sized map, lured people into pre-ordering the game to get their crack-map fix and now want to kill it off.

It's like they're going out of their way to make people hate them.

Good Game Treyarch - Douchebag achievement, unlocked.

8. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 14:44 deqer

lol. fuck these new generation games.  

7. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 13:56 zombiefan

Who's the marketing genius that came up with the idea of giving gamers something, then taking it away?

Oh, that's right, they work for Rockstar now.

6. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 13:56 Brumbek

Slick wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:51:
and all of this cause CoD fans are so rabid to get XP on this invisible treadmill. they take away the basic ability to actually select the gun i want to use, which i have already unlocked, during the match. they take this ability away and then dangle it like candy at the end of a long stick above the players head: "well you want up to 10 custom slots? you just have to grind level 1-60 over and over and over and over 10 times, not too much to ask right? just make sure you sink absolutely all of your time into it because there will be another half assed sequel to buy next november so you can just repeat the process all over again"
You make a point. Although Black Ops does have the "League" mode where you instantly get everything unlocked which is quite a nice change. On PC there's very few League players, but it is nice to be able to just play the game and not worry about unlocks and challenges.

And the pick 10 class system is a great creative way to make classes. But obviously CoD is still CoD, which isn't a bad thing IMO.

But I agree about Nuketown. I hated that map in BLOPS1.

5. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 13:41 Dev

4. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 12:44 Mordecai Walfish

3. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 12:14 Panickd

CoD has gone way downhill since the original Modern Warfare. I can only ever have fun playing the MP with friends now. I do like the party game in BO II called "one in the chamber". Having just one bullet and one hit kills makes for an intensely fun game when you know the folks you're playing with. It's like Mario Party CoD style!  

2. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 12:02 MajorD

JackASSes!!!

1. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 11:51 Slick

LOL!

i remember why black ops 1 was my last CoD game... after 4 months you'd refresh your server browser (PC) and 23 out of 25 maps would be nuketown. spawn, throw nade, die, repeat.

and all of this cause CoD fans are so rabid to get XP on this invisible treadmill. they take away the basic ability to actually select the gun i want to use, which i have already unlocked, during the match. they take this ability away and then dangle it like candy at the end of a long stick above the players head: "well you want up to 10 custom slots? you just have to grind level 1-60 over and over and over and over 10 times, not too much to ask right? just make sure you sink absolutely all of your time into it because there will be another half assed sequel to buy next november so you can just repeat the process all over again"

worst. franchise. ever.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo