Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hero-U Funded

The Kickstarter for Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption reveals this RPG from the designers of Quest for Glory has met its funding goals with a few hours to spare. This page has some details on their plans going forward as well as a video of a Google+ homestretch chat they conducted.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Hero-U Funded Nov 20, 2012, 15:37 Alamar

I have little to no interest, but I'm glad they made it, for nostalgia's sake : )

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Hero-U Funded Nov 20, 2012, 12:38 Mordecai Walfish

*high five*  

5. Re: Hero-U Funded Nov 20, 2012, 12:23 noman

Great news. They had modest goals for the project (in terms of graphics and art assets) but interesting design ideas for the gameplay. Their record with QFG series is incredibly good. The games in that series were all extremely entertaining (the second one would probably rank among the top five adventures ever) and they tried out things in the RPG genre which were picked up by regular RPGs several years later.

I have no doubts about them reaching 90% or more of their design goals and finishing the game.

4. Re: Hero-U Funded Nov 20, 2012, 12:23 saluk

Eh, as terrible as the proposal was, I'm still glad they succeeded and have a chance. I hope it turns out good for them. I may even buy the game if it ever gets finished and goes on sale

One thing to note is that the project by Tom Hall was asking for a lot more money. Also, they did pull the plug, it wasn't catching on but if they had goosed it as much as the Hero-U project did who knows.

3. Re: Hero-U Funded Nov 20, 2012, 11:46 nin

Awesome!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Hero-U Funded Nov 20, 2012, 11:42 Zyrxil

Why? The proposal was incredibly weak. They should've done like the Anachronox guys- realize it's not just a free cash grab for them to play with in the name of nostalgia, shut the whole thing down, and come back later with something more solid. As it is now, I think they have an extremely high chance of failure.  

1. Re: Hero-U Funded Nov 20, 2012, 11:32 nin

Closer than I'd like, but glad they made it!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo