Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2012, 11:53 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 13:50:
Quboid wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 13:38:
Don't do it jdreyer, it's a trap! Hint: there's no answer that will satisfy him, because that would require him to accept reality and that's a gateway drug to things like evolution and science. Blasted science, thinking it knows better just because it does.

That right there. Do not feed the hellbindersfullofwomen.

Not that I like agreeing with Hellbender but he's not wrong in this instance. Researching the history of earth's warming and cooling cycles would tell you just what he's saying, rather than blindly believing a agenda for more taxes for the sake of more taxes global warming hoax.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2012, 03:40 InBlack

Man Hellbinder cracks me up!....Still If I ever met him in person Im sure I would probably back away from him slowly while making soothing sounds and going: "Aha, ok, yeah, right....". I wouldnt turn my back on him unless I was like at least a mile away...  

I have a nifty blue line!

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2012, 01:43 Beamer

s1mon75 wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 22:13:
Most of you will be too young to remember, but the west fought a Cold War against the Soviets based on the assumption if you lived in a Soviet block state, you had no rights. Had no freedom of speach, nor could you protest in the streets. Today, I see how our rights are becoming more and more eroded, and the western governments are absorbing this mentality of authoritarianism. To Quote the legendary Ben Franklin "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

When was your freedom of speech surpressed?

I've never once seen freedom of speech mentioned by someone that understood what it was. Usually it's morons complaining about someone being fired from their private job for saying something asinine.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2012, 01:42 Ant

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 12:56:
Man, with the CCTV stuff and now this I'm sure glad I don't live in Britain. Big Brothersville, Scooby.
It is coming to the rest of the world.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 22:13 s1mon75

Most of you will be too young to remember, but the west fought a Cold War against the Soviets based on the assumption if you lived in a Soviet block state, you had no rights. Had no freedom of speach, nor could you protest in the streets. Today, I see how our rights are becoming more and more eroded, and the western governments are absorbing this mentality of authoritarianism. To Quote the legendary Ben Franklin "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"  

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 17:32 Asmo

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 16:55:
Slight difference between having to defend something offensive and a joke. That guys life is in tatters because of a joke. That's utter insanity! If that's not Big Brother I don't know what is. Jesus, next stop it's off to the gulags for "re-education".

It's been how many years since 9/11 and the TSA have stopped exactly how many other plots with their full body scanners etc? Patriot act? Indefinite detention? Protected speech is not the only right that is important, and it's not the only right that can be lost.

The whole world is sliding towards authoritarianism, not just Britain.

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 17:26 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 16:55:
Slight difference between having to defend something offensive and a joke. That guys life is in tatters because of a joke. That's utter insanity! If that's not Big Brother I don't know what is. Jesus, next stop it's off to the gulags for "re-education".

It's a mess, and everyone knows it. Paul Chambers' case brought this to light and will, I believe, lead to a change in the law for the better. The sad thing is, if his name was Farid Al-Islame he wouldn't have got the public support and, to coin a phrase, the appeal by media.

I don't mean to sound like I'm saying "I told you so" to my own nation* but it wasn't long ago that there was rejoicing when a moron who tweeted and texted racist stuff about a black footballer who'd just had a heart attack on the pitch during a televised game. I remember thinking at the time, this is a dangerous precedent - free speech needs protected more than ever when it's unpopular, that's when it is most easily quashed.

*I definitely do mean to. I told you so, I told you so.

- Quboid

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 17:26 Mr. Tact

The police in the UK have nothing better to do? *shakes head*  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 16:55 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Greenhouse Gas Levels Reach All-Time High Nov 20, 2012, 16:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Prez wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 16:18:
How did we go from Britain's oppressive anti-free speech law to greenhouse gases? Hellbinder makes like one post every six months yet he can still with one insane, rambling post completely hijack a thread. Truly a master troll at work. I am in the presence of greatness.
Well to bring it back onto topic, this is the end result of hate crime laws, and political correctness run amok. Especially where there are kangeroo courts like human rights commissions who exist outside the normal legal framework. In Canada we've been stripping our HRC's ability to nail people for speaking their opinion, even if it's offensive.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 16:49 Quboid

nin wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 13:50:
Don't do it jdreyer, it's a trap! Hint: there's no answer that will satisfy him, because that would require him to accept reality and that's a gateway drug to things like evolution and science. Blasted science, thinking it knows better just because it does.

Point taken, and nice burn.

- Quboid

9. Re: Greenhouse Gas Levels Reach All-Time High Nov 20, 2012, 16:18 Prez

How did we go from Britain's oppressive anti-free speech law to greenhouse gases? Hellbinder makes like one post every six months yet he can still with one insane, rambling post completely hijack a thread. Truly a master troll at work. I am in the presence of greatness.  

ďThe greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.Ē
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Greenhouse Gas Levels Reach All-Time High Nov 20, 2012, 15:51 rist3903

Thatís not true. See? Itís easy to have this not be a problem anymore.

-The Onion

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 15:41 The Half Elf

Oh oh I have pizza on the way... wait until it gets here before you all got nuts!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 13:50 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 13:48 RailWizard

Who pays for that science? Evidently someone that forgot to pay for your education.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 13:38 Quboid

- Quboid

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 13:30 Hellbinder

jdreyer,

Demonstrate why single payer is better?

Demonstrate that "Global warming" has anything significant to do with man.

Man could shut down every factory on earth today and never drive a single car again and the earth would continue to warm for the foreseeable future. Why? because it is being driven by solar cycles and magnetism both local and interstellar.

Anyone who takes the time to read the actual history of the warming and cooling cycles of the earth and compare with the known data will see instantly that the man made global warming claim is hogwash. Clearly we are having some effect, but its only a minor influence on the Natural cycles.

The USA will be just like Brittan and perhaps even worse within 10 years. so enjoy what freedom you have while you can. Or didn't you notice they have installed cameras on every corner of every major street even in very rural areas.

The Whales name is Bob.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 13:11 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 12:56:
Man, with the CCTV stuff and now this I'm sure glad I don't live in Britain. Big Brothersville, Scooby.

On the other hand, they have single payer and actually believe global warming is a problem, unlike the US.

On the other other hand, their stupid austerity program is sinking their economy like a stone in a cold river.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2012, 12:56 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo