Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

• Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage on Kotaku. Thanks nin.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Game Reviews Nov 21, 2012, 03:45 InBlack

Cutter does have a point though. DLC is usually made regardless of backing. With KS its more of a leap of faith, backing is required before content is produced.(or not) Even if it turns out to be shitty content at least you can brag to your grandkids how you helped make that piece of shit. Of if its never released you can brag to your grandkids how you once beat up a person for not making a video game...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 17:19 ^Drag0n^

PHJF wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 17:15:
You don't think there's anything wrong with handing over money for stuff sight unseen?

These kickstarter things seem pretty popular around here.

While I think it is an awesome vehicle, same rules apply: "Buyer Beware."

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

11. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 17:15 PHJF

You don't think there's anything wrong with handing over money for stuff sight unseen?

These kickstarter things seem pretty popular around here.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 17:00 John

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 16:51:
You don't think there's anything wrong with handing over money for stuff sight unseen? Sweet! Have I got a deal for you. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd just LOVE to sell you cheap!
And I got some ocean front property in Arizona..

This space is available for rent

9. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 16:51 Cutter

John wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 14:40:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 14:21:
So you really believe the DLC would never have been made had it not been funded by season pass? Or can you truly not see the difference?
I'm not talking about whether it would have been made or not, I meant paying upfront without knowing how the content would be. Not that there's anything wrong with that.. Tiny

You don't think there's anything wrong with handing over money for stuff sight unseen? Sweet! Have I got a deal for you. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd just LOVE to sell you cheap!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 14:40 John

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 14:21:
So you really believe the DLC would never have been made had it not been funded by season pass? Or can you truly not see the difference?
I'm not talking about whether it would have been made or not, I meant paying upfront without knowing how the content would be. Not that there's anything wrong with that.. Tiny

7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 14:21 Creston

John wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 12:51:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:37:
No, you think, guys? You think that paying upfront for content when you have NO IDEA what it's going to be wasn't such a good idea? I'm truly shocked. SHOCKED, I SAY!
Like you have been doing on Kickstarter?

Creston

6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 14:02 ^Drag0n^

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 13:02:
PropheT wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 12:39:
I don't regret buying the season pass at all. I enjoy the game and will probably spend more money on a cheap lunch today than I did for this DLC pack. That's not to say it's a good idea for everyone, but even if I did put any stock in reviewers anymore I'd still rather play it myself.

Wow, I didn't know you were so rich you drop over $30 a day just on lunch. Must be nice. Too bad most everyone else isn't in that boat.

I think he's talking the cost per DLC, not the cost of the entire season pass (which is $30), making the cost per DLC pack about 5 bucks.

Seeing as I got the game for near half off on GMG, I'm feeling the same way; while the gameplay is not as deep as Skyrim, I've wasted more money on poor $5 lunch decisions.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2012, 14:13.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

5. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 13:02 Cutter

PropheT wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 12:39:
I don't regret buying the season pass at all. I enjoy the game and will probably spend more money on a cheap lunch today than I did for this DLC pack. That's not to say it's a good idea for everyone, but even if I did put any stock in reviewers anymore I'd still rather play it myself.

Wow, I didn't know you were so rich you drop over $30 a day just on lunch. Must be nice. Too bad most everyone else isn't in that boat.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 12:51 John

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:37:
No, you think, guys? You think that paying upfront for content when you have NO IDEA what it's going to be wasn't such a good idea? I'm truly shocked. SHOCKED, I SAY!
Like you have been doing on Kickstarter?

3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 12:39 PropheT

2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 11:37 Creston

So it's basically a big arena with a few sidequests?

I guess after everyone complained about how shitty Moxxii's underdome was, Gearbox thought: "You know what? We should do it AGAIN!"

Edit: It's fun to start seeing people go "You know, maybe this season pass really wasn't such a good deal after all!"

Creston

1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2012, 11:35 nin

Another (more positive) @ teh shack

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo