Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well amidst a hectic week at the BlueTower we had our annual physicals this morning, which has caused a bit of a setback in posting the news this morning, for which I apologize. A final word on this must wait for our blood tests to return, but I got a very upbeat initial overview that I seem to have the metabolism of a runner, in spite of being amazingly sedentary. I'm not taking this for granted, and want to make a point of getting more regular exercise before whatever luck I've been experiencing in this area wears off.

Checked Up Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Stories: Giant boxing robots reality show unveiled by Syfy.
Santa stuck by beard at Reading shopping centre.
Science: NASA paint kills that new car smell, saves satellites too.
Media: Juggle-Playing WIN.
T-1000 Special Effects -- Part 1.
ESPN NFL Kickoff references the Princess Bride. Inconceivable!
The Funnies: Beyond Shuffling Cartoon - Savage Chickens.
Follow-up: Displaced Hurricane Sandy Pets.
Twohy Gives Quick Update On "Riddick".

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 06:31 Acleacius

Gratz to you and Blue, nin and any of you guys and gals!

Hang in there, this is the toughest time of year. Apples are in season and a great snack food. Eat'um an hour before meals or as often as you want with NO ill side effect. Well, unless of course your allergic or intolerant. Personally I love Fuju apples, crispy sweet and tarty just like my women, well if I could afford some women!

Forum Server was down for me too.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 04:35 Simon Says

Guys... Physical as in *hint* the server was DOWN MOST OF THE DAY YESTERDAY ;).  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 04:10 xXBatmanXx

Acleacius wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 17:33:
nin wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:37:
I seem to have the metabolism of a runner, in spite of being amazingly sedentary.

I envy you. In addition to getting older, I also take some meds that are known for slowing metabolism. Having said that, I've lost about 25-30 pounds this year, and I'm down to about 220-225. I've eaten more healthy in the last 6 months than I have my entire life, and it's actually not bad.

Hang in there, this is the toughest time of year. Apples are in season and a great snack food. Eat'um an hour before meals or as often as you want with NO ill side effect. Well, unless of course your allergic or intolerant. Personally I love Fuju apples, crisp and tarty just like my women, well if I could afford some women!

We are lucky enough to have a ton of diff varities of apples here in MN. The Univ. of Minnesota has produced it's fair share of commercial apple strains. Not sure if you guys get them where you live, but the SWEETANGO are smaller but oh SO DAMN GOOD! They are really spendy but worth it.

For your info:
http://www.apples.umn.edu/

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 21:05 jdreyer

ViRGE wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 20:01:
Evening Blue.

Any idea what's up with the site being down so often? It seems like it's been down 2-3 times in the last week, including at least a couple of hours earlier today.

We'll probably get an update during Into The Black.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 20:09 MajorD

nin wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 20:05:
Evening Blue.

Any idea what's up with the site being down so often? It seems like it's been down 2-3 times in the last week, including at least a couple of hours earlier today.

I actually emailed him pretty much the same thing earlier tonight. I thought maybe it was my home connection (last night I couldn't hit the site twice, yet at work today I had no problems, followed by getting home tonight and not hitting the site again), but then it donned on me to try my cell phone, and I still couldn't see the site during one of it's outages.

I'm not complaining at all, but like you, I am curious.

Yes, the same thing happened to me a few times over the past several days. Not complaining either, but just an FYI as well.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 20:05 nin

Evening Blue.

I actually emailed him pretty much the same thing earlier tonight. I thought maybe it was my home connection (last night I couldn't hit the site twice, yet at work today I had no problems, followed by getting home tonight and not hitting the site again), but then it donned on me to try my cell phone, and I still couldn't see the site during one of it's outages.

I'm not complaining at all, but like you, I am curious.

edit:
Apples are in season and a great snack food. Eat'um an hour before meals or as often as you want with NO ill side effect.

I've been on a real apple and orange kick lately. I used to not really care for fruit at all, but I'm somehow hooked now on sliced apples (I get them as a side at cracker barrel, along with their grilled chicken), and I've been using oranges at work as a snack (much to the annoyance of my coworkers, I suspect).

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 20:01 ViRGE

Evening Blue.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 17:33 Acleacius

nin wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:37:
I seem to have the metabolism of a runner, in spite of being amazingly sedentary.

I envy you. In addition to getting older, I also take some meds that are known for slowing metabolism. Having said that, I've lost about 25-30 pounds this year, and I'm down to about 220-225. I've eaten more healthy in the last 6 months than I have my entire life, and it's actually not bad.

Hang in there, this is the toughest time of year. Apples are in season and a great snack food. Eat'um an hour before meals or as often as you want with NO ill side effect. Well, unless of course your allergic or intolerant. Personally I love Fuju apples, crisp and tarty just like my women, well if I could afford some women!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 17:13 MajorD

PHJF wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 16:33:
Riddick was very B movie, dumb summer fun rather than real, meaty science fiction. Never saw the anime/cartoon/whatever it was.

I think Pitch Black was more of the B-Movie than CoR. I liked them both, but I have to admit I didn't like CoR the first time I saw it having been a big fan of Pitch Black. The second time and beyond, I really came to like it more.

I didn't realize they were making a third; I just hope it holds up.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 16:38 jdreyer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 13:11:
Kills new car smell? What? The new car smell is the best part about a new car.

Apparently that smell is somewhat toxic.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 16:33 PHJF

Riddick was very B movie, dumb summer fun rather than real, meaty science fiction. Never saw the anime/cartoon/whatever it was.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 15:46 Mr. Tact

The Chronicles of Riddick is one of my favorite guilty movie pleasures. It doesn't seem to get a lot of respect but I think it's an excellent film. The third film has a lot to live up to IMHO.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 14:14 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 13:12:
Hope this final Riddick flick kicks ass. I really hope we get to see wtf the Underverse actually is.
I never really gave Vin Diesel a second thought until I played Butcher Bay. A pretty awesome game, even for a console to PC port. After that I'm kind of a fan of his I guess. For no other reason than he bucked the trend of terrible movie to game adaptations and gave us something pretty darn good from his own company.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 13:12 Cutter

Giant boxing robots on SyFfy...yeah I'm sure that'll be good. Rolleyes

NASA engineers have created a spray paint that seals in the gases that most typically create that new car smell almost everyone loves.

I hate that smell. Then again I hate being poisoned too.

Hope this final Riddick flick kicks ass. I really hope we get to see wtf the Underverse actually is.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 13:12 Mordecai Walfish

Anyone know of any mirrors for the Planetside 2 client?

The site insta-failed at the end of the countdown to launch.

EDIT: nevermind, it's available through Steam. The game wouldn't download at first but if you restart the Steam client it downloads fine.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2012, 13:20.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 13:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Kills new car smell? What? The new car smell is the best part about a new car.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 12:34 WaltC

That is exactly what my doctor told me about twenty years ago--before I quit smoking 17 years ago--he said, "You've got the metabolism of a high-altitude runner," which I thought was pretty good until he explained it...;) My blood was carrying an over abundance of hemoglobin--the stuff that carries oxygen--very much like a high-altitude runner's blood would produce. But in my case, the extra hemoglobin was there as my body's way of combating all the noxious fumes I was putting into my blood via cigarette smoke.

I don't get a sense from you that you ever smoked, so our cases are much different...;) Still, you might want to ask your doctor what he means because if as in my case he's talking about an overabundance of hemoglobin in your blood and you do not smoke, then it's possible there is something else in your immediate environment that is causing you to produce more than an an average amount of hemoglobin. Then, too, I wonder if perhaps you live at a somewhat high altitude to begin with--say, in a mountainous region?

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 11:52 Ratty

Congrats on the physical. Aren't you, like, all skinny or something? I'm fat and I dread my physical. Not because I'm afraid of the results but because of the sad tsk tsk face my doctor will make.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 11:46 Verno

Most dog owners get enough exercise from a few 15 minute walks a day, added benefit of dog ownership.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 11:37 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo