Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists

The Nuketown 2025 zombie map that was a bonus for preordering Call of Duty: Black Ops II has been pulled from the playlists for public servers for the shooter sequel, though it is still available to play in custom games with friends. Treyarch Game Design Director David Vonderhaar tweets the news: "Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don't kill the messenger," following with: "Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games." For the record, the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 NUKETOWN 2025 FAQ does not make any reference to this turn of events. Mltiplyr notes another tweet about this we cannot locate in David's timeline (who knew Twitter was so complicated?) where someone asks "Will Nuketown 2025 be available in the regular playlists?" David replies: "Yeah. Probably eventually. We are talking that over internally."

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 21, 2012, 11:32 Gnolt

I don't own the game but the guys here in the office are telling me that the nuketown2025 map is a multiplayer only map. it has nothing to do with zombies. also it was available only to those who preordered the game. in addition to the map, it was also a double xp weekend and the moshpit option was the only way to get the double xp. now that the weekend is over, the moshpit option is gone. this is the normal process every time they have a double xp weekend. nothing new or special here.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 21, 2012, 10:02 Beamer

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 05:13:
Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:43:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:14:
Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 00:29:
Not sure the anger/surprise. They didn't take the map away from anyone, they just took it off public matchmaking rotation.

Which makes sense - only people that preordered have this map. There's no solution possible without fractioning the community far too much (as right now you can bet about 75%+ of players have that map.)

I'd guess it'll be included in the first map pack. Then there can be separate public matchmaking for people that buy that pack without splintering the community too much.

It's somewhat a sign of it being dumb to offer a multiplayer map as a preorder, but it isn't like they're rendering its value zilch.

I guess that sort of makes sense, but why was it in the rotation for the first week (give or take a few days) then? Didn't it fracture the community the same way?

I just never makes sense to me why devs seem to think that taking stuff away from their playerbase, in any way, shape or form, makes sense. Because it doesn't.

Creston

I don't have the game, and someone already corrected me a bit, but my assumption is that the vast majority of early buyers have this so it wasn't a big deal for launch week.

Someone said it was a special playlist, though, which is what they do for map packs, too. And it's zombie-only, too, which I didn't realize.

Regardless, this is why maps are probably not a good thing to give as a preorder bonus. Skins, solo play stuff, whatever, but not maps.

It is not zombie-only.

So Blue got it wrong? Gotcha, too my information from:
"The Nuketown 2025 zombie map that ..."

Which just makes the map a dumber pre-release inclusion.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

32. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 21, 2012, 05:13 Fibrocyte

Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:43:
Not sure the anger/surprise. They didn't take the map away from anyone, they just took it off public matchmaking rotation.

Which makes sense - only people that preordered have this map. There's no solution possible without fractioning the community far too much (as right now you can bet about 75%+ of players have that map.)

I'd guess it'll be included in the first map pack. Then there can be separate public matchmaking for people that buy that pack without splintering the community too much.

It's somewhat a sign of it being dumb to offer a multiplayer map as a preorder, but it isn't like they're rendering its value zilch.

I guess that sort of makes sense, but why was it in the rotation for the first week (give or take a few days) then? Didn't it fracture the community the same way?

I just never makes sense to me why devs seem to think that taking stuff away from their playerbase, in any way, shape or form, makes sense. Because it doesn't.

Creston

I don't have the game, and someone already corrected me a bit, but my assumption is that the vast majority of early buyers have this so it wasn't a big deal for launch week.

Someone said it was a special playlist, though, which is what they do for map packs, too. And it's zombie-only, too, which I didn't realize.

Regardless, this is why maps are probably not a good thing to give as a preorder bonus. Skins, solo play stuff, whatever, but not maps.

It is not zombie-only.

31. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 11:43 Beamer

Creston

-------------

30. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 11:21 Dev

why was it in the rotation for the first week (give or take a few days) then?
Because they wanted to tease people with what people got with the extra $20 on the deluxe edition? I dunno.

29. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 11:19 Fibrocyte

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:42:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:26:
Look, I get it. You're a hardcore PC gamer and you get weirdly jealous when a game designed for consoles gets a lot of attention. Hell, you're so hardcore that you post your gaming rig details in your signature. That's HARDCORE! Speaking of bullshit, did you actually buy two GTX680 cards and SLI them?
Heh. Yeah, it's best not to take me seriously... I say a lot of random shit.

Heart

28. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 11:14 Creston

Creston

27. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 10:42 theyarecomingforyou

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:26:
Look, I get it. You're a hardcore PC gamer and you get weirdly jealous when a game designed for consoles gets a lot of attention. Hell, you're so hardcore that you post your gaming rig details in your signature. That's HARDCORE! Speaking of bullshit, did you actually buy two GTX680 cards and SLI them?
Heh. Yeah, it's best not to take me seriously... I say a lot of random shit.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

26. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 10:26 Fibrocyte

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:03:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 06:15:
I found it there, too, just a short while ago and couldn't help but smile after all the BS posted in this thread.
The only bullshit in this thread is you admitting that you actually bought this game.

Actually, I bought it for my son. I'm terrible at console games but I've been dabbling with it over the past few days. I've also heard that I'm not the only one to buy it - but maybe that is just a rumor.

25. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 10:03 theyarecomingforyou

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 06:15:
I found it there, too, just a short while ago and couldn't help but smile after all the BS posted in this thread.
The only bullshit in this thread is you admitting that you actually bought this game.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

24. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 10:01 Beamer

Teddy wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 01:11:

A problem created by the idiotic decision to offer a map only to pre-order customers.

I'll never get why people quote me and say what I said, but leave the part where I said it out.

-------------

23. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 09:23 Verno

Tavil wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 09:14:
Yep, people can go back to bashing BO2 for being a terrible game like all the other CODs. Wink

I thought MW1 and WaW were pretty fun

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

22. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 09:14 Tavil

Yep, people can go back to bashing BO2 for being a terrible game like all the other CODs. Wink  

21. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 06:15 Fibrocyte

Ventura wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 05:42:
Apparently they've thrown Nuketown back into a new "fast-action playlist" in the Bonus category. It's called Chaos Moshpit, and it also has Carrier, Cargo, Express, Hijacked, Slums and Standoff in the rotation.

Predictably, most of those that have bagged Treyarch here won't post again once this news hits.

20. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 05:42 Ventura

Apparently they've thrown Nuketown back into a new "fast-action playlist" in the Bonus category. It's called Chaos Moshpit, and it also has Carrier, Cargo, Express, Hijacked, Slums and Standoff in the rotation.

Predictably, most of those that have bagged Treyarch here won't post again once this news hits.

19. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 04:38 Fibrocyte

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 00:06:
So you go through all the trouble to build a MP map, and then you don't let people play it anymore?

Okay, so I guess it goes as follows:

1) Do what I described above.
2) ...
3) Profit!

I'm sure this makes sense to Bobby Cocktick. Undoubtedly they're planning on charging people 15 bucks to get the map back.

Creston

Read the info provided by Blue repeatedly until you fully understand it. Then you may make your comment.

18. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 03:51 Paketep

Ridiculous. Nothing we wouldn't expect from Acti/Treyarch and another Call of Duty POS.

I remember when Call of Duty was a fantastic title and Infinity Ward wanted to please gamers instead of pissing on them. And Treyarch just did shitty ports for the PS. Good times.

17. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 03:01 007Bistromath

"Game Design Director" is not a title a messenger has, you disingenuous twat.  

16. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 02:47 DangerDog

oh you can still play the map, with friends, pvp hosted and no xp.

I die so damn fast in regular matches I don't even see a need for hardcore in this game, but yes hardcore game list is lacking.

looks like the backlash may turn this around, nuketown is a perfect match for call of duty though. you get in and just start killing, mindless entertainment.

15. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 02:27 xXBatmanXx

Whoops. So if you payed 20 extra bucks, you can't play the map! hahahahahah

The map is such an XP whore I can see why they pulled it.

Would like to see the CORE game modes also put into HARDCORE. I hate using a whole magazine of a gun and the guy is still hoppin around.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo