Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists

The Nuketown 2025 zombie map that was a bonus for preordering Call of Duty: Black Ops II has been pulled from the playlists for public servers for the shooter sequel, though it is still available to play in custom games with friends. Treyarch Game Design Director David Vonderhaar tweets the news: "Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don't kill the messenger," following with: "Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games." For the record, the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 NUKETOWN 2025 FAQ does not make any reference to this turn of events. Mltiplyr notes another tweet about this we cannot locate in David's timeline (who knew Twitter was so complicated?) where someone asks "Will Nuketown 2025 be available in the regular playlists?" David replies: "Yeah. Probably eventually. We are talking that over internally."

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 02:12 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 00:29:
Not sure the anger/surprise. They didn't take the map away from anyone, they just took it off public matchmaking rotation.

Which makes sense - only people that preordered have this map. There's no solution possible without fractioning the community far too much (as right now you can bet about 75%+ of players have that map.)

I'd guess it'll be included in the first map pack. Then there can be separate public matchmaking for people that buy that pack without splintering the community too much.

It's somewhat a sign of it being dumb to offer a multiplayer map as a preorder, but it isn't like they're rendering its value zilch.

No it was never in regular map rotation - you could only play it if you had pre-ordered, there was an extra menu option Nuketown 2025 and then you picked "moshpit". You joined a server running only Nuketown with a random game mode, after each match you could vote select from a different game mode, vote to redo the one you just played or a random game mode.

It was fine the way it was, don't like Nuketown then ignore it if you want and just play the regular map rotation from "core" - totally separate option.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 02:02 DangerDog

They probably thought pulling the map would be cute or funny, call of duty community goes into meltdown over not being able to play Nuketown.

https://twitter.com/Treyarch/status/270769902665748480

Just launched a new fast-action playlist in the Bonus category called Chaos Moshpit. Back by popular demand: Nuketown 2025!

I don't see this option on the PC version.

edit: it's coming tomorrow to the PC apparently.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2012, 03:00.

12. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 01:11 Teddy

Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 00:29:
Which makes sense - only people that preordered have this map. There's no solution possible without fractioning the community far too much (as right now you can bet about 75%+ of players have that map.)

A problem created by the idiotic decision to offer a map only to pre-order customers.

11. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 00:29 Beamer

Not sure the anger/surprise. They didn't take the map away from anyone, they just took it off public matchmaking rotation.

I'd guess it'll be included in the first map pack. Then there can be separate public matchmaking for people that buy that pack without splintering the community too much.

It's somewhat a sign of it being dumb to offer a multiplayer map as a preorder, but it isn't like they're rendering its value zilch.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 00:21 SirKnight

What a bunch of cocks.

9. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 00:06 Creston

So you go through all the trouble to build a MP map, and then you don't let people play it anymore?

Okay, so I guess it goes as follows:

1) Do what I described above.
2) ...
3) Profit!

I'm sure this makes sense to Bobby Cocktick. Undoubtedly they're planning on charging people 15 bucks to get the map back.

Creston

8. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 19, 2012, 22:08 Yosemite Sam

Half a billion in sales. One would think they would throw a little appreciation at thier fan base for sooooo much support... did they at least include a bottle of lube with your game purchase?

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

7. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 19, 2012, 22:06 jacobvandy

If it's anything like Nuketown from MW2, it's a major grindfest map because it's so small and focused. With that in regular rotation, there really wouldn't be much need for any double XP promotion crap...  

6. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 19, 2012, 21:57 Verno

Dades wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 21:28:
They control what maps your server plays now? And people pay for this?

They control the matchmaking playlists, you can still play the map using other methods I assume. They do have dedicated servers IIRC, it's the BF rented server model last time I checked. There are no mods unfortunately

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

5. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 19, 2012, 21:50 ASeven

What servers? No dedis after all.

4. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 19, 2012, 21:45 Cutter

Well people can just make some new maps with the editor...oh wait!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 19, 2012, 21:28 Dades

2. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 19, 2012, 21:27 DangerDog

One hell of a douche bag move by Treyarch right there.  

1. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 19, 2012, 21:08 Ventura

While this seems to have pissed a few people off, I'm just happy I can still play the map in custom games. Been having a lot of fun going up against bots playing the domination game mode.  

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo