Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends

As noted on the Roberts Space Industries Website, the crowd-sourced fundraiser for Star Citizen blew past its initial $2 million goal, the $4.2 million record set recently by Project Eternity, and their own dream goal of $6 million to finish at $6,238,563. The campaign may be concluded, but they plan on continuing to offer chances to support development of this upcoming space sim, saying: "Going forward, Roberts says, people who backed the project during the crowd funding campaign will have the ability to purchase further tiers or upgrade existing ones at the initial prices. And for those who missed this opportunity, there is still a chance to be a part of the Star Citizen community and back the project but at slightly higher prices. Roberts says it will still be cheaper than purchasing the final product when it is released and it will enable backers to reserve a limited amount of alpha and beta slots that remain. Behind-the-scenes subscription updates during development are also available for purchase. They will provide even more extras and inside info for those who sign up." Here are some stats from the Star Citizen crowd funding campaign updated as of 1:00 pm CST today:

• Kickstarter backers– 34,397
  • Kickstarter funds pledged - $2,134,374
  • Roberts Space Industries backers – 55,270
  • Roberts Space Industries funds raised - $4,104,189
  • Total backers – 89,667
  • Total funds raised and pledged - $6,238,563

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 01:15 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 01:09:
Trolling? Oh please. Everyone knows I'm virtually always right on these calls.

Examples?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 01:09 Cutter

Trolling? Oh please. Everyone knows I'm virtually always right on these calls. Just wait and see. I'll be laughing my ass off then. You clowns are such suckers sometimes. It's a wonder you don't get duped more often. Sorry if that pisses you off but it's not my fault and I'm certainly not trolling. Learn to cope with your shortcomings.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 00:11 jdreyer

edaciousx wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 21:50:
now if we can only get a kick start for descent, freespace, and x wing...

Miner Wars 2081 seems to scratch that Descent itch pretty nicely. Check it out.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

10. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 20, 2012, 00:05 Parias

Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 21:50:
Seeing as we can't verify these numbers. PEs record still stands as the KS record. And even if they were verifiable PEs record still stands for KS regardless. Regardless, people are going to get burned on this. BURNED!!!

Why are you so incredibly determined to shit all over this game at every opportunity?

9. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 19, 2012, 22:04 nin

Seeing as we can't verify these numbers. PEs record still stands as the KS record. And even if they were verifiable PEs record still stands for KS regardless. Regardless, people are going to get burned on this. BURNED!!!

Sometimes you troll a little too hard...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 19, 2012, 21:51 edaciousx

how so? you keep making that troll claim

7. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 19, 2012, 21:50 edaciousx

now if we can only get a kick start for descent, freespace, and x wing...  

6. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 19, 2012, 21:50 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 19, 2012, 21:43 Verno

I stopped funding KS stuff after the PA one but I have to admit I was tempted here. Oh well, be interesting to see how it shakes out.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

4. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 19, 2012, 21:27 SlimRam

Now all he needs is a well-known video game producer with a outstanding track record for taking a huge chunk of cash and putting it to good use......I dunno...i'm thinkin':

George Broussard

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat

3. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 19, 2012, 21:12 Antdude

Well done, Chris.
This was the first time I kicked into a crowdfunding and it was to the guy whose games got me into PC gaming in the first place.

Now the team has to produce and the real heavy lifting begins. But Chris has a track record, a vision, passion, a working prototype, a core team that will quickly expand, and an excited fan base that's ready to jump in and help make it happen.

The next year will be a lot of fun to watch.

2. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 19, 2012, 21:01 jdreyer

Amazing run. But Roberts did his homework, had a vision, had solid alpha code to show, and had his reputation to back himself up. Congrats.

Now get back to work on it!

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

1. Re: Star Citizen's Record Funding Drive Ends Nov 19, 2012, 21:01 nin

Make us proud, Chris - show those lucasarts fuckers what they could have been doing all these years!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo