Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"

An interview on IGN answers some "burning questions" about Grand Theft Auto V, the next installment in Rockstar's open-world action series (thanks VG247). Along the way Dan Houser replies to a question about the prospects for a PC edition of the game, which we've presuming is a given based on history. Here's word:

Everything else is up for consideration. That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are not... we are a third-party publisher. We're not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market. If that's on Apple we put something on Apple. Wherever it might be. I think that's the fun in what we do. We see ourselves as a content company that uses technology. We don't make it; we use it to make the most fun stuff.

View
86 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

26. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 12:41 El Pit

I think it will be released right after the pc port of Red Dead Redemption, which means... NEVER.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 12:25 theyarecomingforyou

Yakubs wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 12:18:
Is adding actual gameplay up for consideration as well?
Right after adding anti-aliasing support... so never.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

24. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 12:18 Yakubs

Is adding actual gameplay up for consideration as well?  

23. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 12:14 deqer

So, all that yellow text--every word of it--is saying the same message. That message is "We do whatever we want that serves our business and making money, regardless of the consumer."

Cool.

Sure, business is about business; but that all just sounds laaaaaame.

Go stick it up your nose, Rockstar. I don't care if you don't care. I'll find other games to play. Bye bye.

22. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 12:09 Bet

RailWizard wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:20:
Still waiting for a RDR pc port, they can fuck off until then.
It's never coming, they've officially said it's never going to happen.

21. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 12:06 Rattlehead

Lots of butthurt here. Anyways I am pretty sure a PC version will come later like every single previous entry has.  

20. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 11:49 Arithon

Funny.

I read that as saying "I am a nobody PR monkey who doesn't want to lose his job by speaking without authorisation from the organ grinder.."

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

19. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:43 Moog

Fuck 'em!  

18. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:40 jacobvandy

McSterls wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:26:
Standard GTA PR Bullshit for Rockstar. The PC port is probably half done by now and it will come out next year.

Eeexactly. Bethesda has been doing the same thing lately, except they're too lazy to come up with elaborate explanations of the freedom they may or may not actually have, in a round-about attempt to hint at an answer they're contractually not allowed to give. Then both come right out with the big announcement as soon as the contract is up, playing it off like they finally decided to listen to the fans and make it happen, blah blah blah.

17. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:38 zombiefan

Fuck off, Rockstar. You can keep GTA5 with it's shitty character models, over-hyped marketing and done-to-death gameplay. I already played it; it was called GTA: San Andreas.  

16. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 11:26 McSterls

Standard GTA PR Bullshit for Rockstar. The PC port is probably half done by now and it will come out next year.  

15. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:22 ASeven

If what I hear is true, the game will be released for PC in or around November. Let's hope that is true, remember GTA IV that took a hell of a long time to come out after it came out for consoles.

Still, with the PC market booming, the only ones who will lose with this are Rockstar themselves as they lose a potential source of substantial revenue, and they sure are needing it.

14. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:21 Tim Collins

Don't ya love it when they play these games to get us to buy a game for a 10 year old console....and then they say " But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market" like damn little kid.  

13. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 11:20 RailWizard

Still waiting for a RDR pc port, they can fuck off until then.  

12. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 11:18 Esoteric

Well, I suppose it's better than them saying, "We currently have no plans for a PC version at this time."  

11. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:16 oRuin

I imagine it will likely happen at some point. I really hope so, because GTAIV looked amazing on PC, not the best port obviously. I'm guessing Rockstar Toronto will work on it, seems the last thing they worked on was Max Payne 3.  

10. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 11:16 theyarecomingforyou

What utter bullshit. Rockstar is part of Take-Two, which regularly releases games across multiple platforms. Heck, even Rockstar studios - of which there are many - manage near-simultaneous releases.

The reality is that they whored themselves out to Microsoft and Sony. At this point they might as well, considering they've pissed away any good will that PC gamers had towards them.

I hope they all get Ebola in their face.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

9. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:15 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:11:
If anything, this seems to say that a PC version might never happen...
It seems to say: Of course we will make a PC version. But first, you should by the console versions because MS paid us a LOT of money to lure people into buying the 360 version.

8. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:15 nin

Prez wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:13:
"Up for consideration?" Piss off. I'm done with Rockstar.

I'll take his copy!!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:13 Prez

"Up for consideration?" Piss off. I'm done with Rockstar.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

86 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo