Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter

The Kickstarter for Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is will enter its final 24 hour homestretch today to see if this proposed RPG from the developers of Quest for Glory will achieve its financing goals. This has been touch-and-go all along, but with the project close to 90% funded, a good last day will push it over the top. They offer an outline of various creative ways to support the project, and speaking of creative, they also outline "How Hero-U Is Different from Other Games." Thanks nin.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter Nov 20, 2012, 10:11 nin

Woot - made it!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter Nov 19, 2012, 21:17 nin

AMA

6. Re: Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter Nov 19, 2012, 20:14 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:14:
Thanks for keeping them on the front page, Blue! They're only 45K away, and have 28 hours. Not impossible at all, but closer than I'd like. I really enjoyed their previous games and feel like they deserve another shot!

Agreed! Here's hoping for the best!

5. Re: Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter Nov 19, 2012, 17:39 Bill Borre

They should give some of the Star Citizen money to this one.  

4. Re: Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter Nov 19, 2012, 17:35 Parias

Dev wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 14:54:
Zyrxil wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 12:31:
Sell me on this. Why should I risk even $20 on a team who last worked on games 12 years ago? This seems like just another "Hey remember that thing you loved 20 years ago? Here's a huge list of vague promises, give us lots of money." project. If they wanted to make games, they've had plenty of opportunity since then. Or is it that they think they're too good to make a $30k game for release through an Indie publishing channel?
Isn't that similar in some ways to the situation with Chris Roberts and the space sim?

I was going to say the same thing. Of all valid reasons to avoid investing, that shouldn't be one of them. Star Citizen has definitely had no problem getting funding.

3. Re: Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter Nov 19, 2012, 14:54 Dev

Zyrxil wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 12:31:
Sell me on this. Why should I risk even $20 on a team who last worked on games 12 years ago? This seems like just another "Hey remember that thing you loved 20 years ago? Here's a huge list of vague promises, give us lots of money." project. If they wanted to make games, they've had plenty of opportunity since then. Or is it that they think they're too good to make a $30k game for release through an Indie publishing channel?
Isn't that similar in some ways to the situation with Chris Roberts and the space sim?

Also if you bothered to look at the KS page, some of their team have worked on games much more recently, such as new games within the last year or so.

2. Re: Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter Nov 19, 2012, 12:31 Zyrxil

1. Re: Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter Nov 19, 2012, 11:14 nin

Thanks for keeping them on the front page, Blue! They're only 45K away, and have 28 hours. Not impossible at all, but closer than I'd like. I really enjoyed their previous games and feel like they deserve another shot!

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo