Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer

Samsung announces that customers who purchase one of their 250 GB 840-series SSDs between Black Friday and Cyber Monday will get a downloadable copy of Far Cry 3 as a bonus:

Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, announced today that for a limited time over this Black Friday weekend, its new 250 gigabyte (GB) SSD 840 solid-state drives will be available at a special discounted price and will include a download of the new “Far Cry® 3” video game from Ubisoft Entertainment at no additional cost.

“This limited time Black Friday offer allows consumers to dramatically increase their PC’s performance at an unbeatable price” From Black Friday through Cyber Monday (11/22 – 11/26), or while supplies last, consumers will be able to purchase the 250 GB version of Samsung’s SSD 840 drive for just $169.99, $20 less than the usual minimum advertised price. They also will receive a code enabling them to download the full PC version of “Far Cry 3,” normally priced at $59.99.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

5. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 13:22 qsto

I just recently upgraded my old 80GB Intel G2 to 256GB 830. My first thought was to wait for 840, but 830 has been proven to be the most reliable drive in the market right now, and 840 is not THAT much faster to justify the price. Furthermore, jumping in blindly to a new SSD no matter how well received the manufacturer's past drives are is not very smart, unless you fully recognize the risks of being an early adopter.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 13:12 Clancy

TLC NAND isn't the real problem. The problem is there is a big problem with 840's bricking themselves.

All anand's units died on him, and also 4 out of 4 died according to a thread at Hardocp.

3. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 13:08 Drayth

If you're basing your comment off the original Anandtech article, it's been revised giving a conservative estimate life span of 23'ish years (up from 7)

TLC nand means it saves 3 bits per cell (T for tripple.. blah blah rest of achronym).

I think I'm buying this over the weekend, sounds like a good deal.

2. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 12:57 John

Yeah, but a 250GB SSD for $170 and a free copy of FC3 isn't a bad deal! ..although I have no idea what a TLC nand is.

I would consider it but I recently bought a 256GB SSD.

This space is available for rent

1. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 11:14 Verno

Meh, the 840s have very questionable TLC nand. The 830 is actually the superior drive.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo