Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

SlashGear - Sales Mean Nothing: Call of Duty Has Gone Stale. Thanks HARDOCP.
But Iíve had enough. The Call of Duty franchise has become one big, repurposed offering that gets customers to pay too much for what is essentially a bunch of new maps launched annually in November. Sure, thereís a bit of a storyline and the updates to online gaming are nice enough, but are they enough to justify calling the game an entirely new entry into the franchise? As far as Iím concerned, itís just more of the same.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

2. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2012, 11:22 Prez

From what I have heard they actually tried doing something different FINALLY with the heretofore by-the-numbers campaign. Of course being as short as it is obviously the SP alone wouldn't justify the $60 price, so I assume the writer's comments are directed towards multiplayer exclusively. Which is what everyone plays anyway.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2012, 11:18 Verno

Honestly given the ridiculous ad spend on Call of Duty I would think that sort of success is a given. It's plastered all over every form of entertainment media, the level of exposure is absurd.

I don't think CoD has ever really been very innovative though, they used to increment nicely but the yearly pace of release is just silly. Why does there have to be a CoD title every year? Because money. I remember when franchises were set aside for years while work and ideas accumulated. It's a shame because I think this sort of thing will actually have negative long term repercussions for the industry as a whole. Money now might mean burning people out later but sadly its all about the quarterlies with these corps.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo