Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 19, 2012, 17:10 SimplyMonk

Toys R Us' online sales were only 7% of their total revenue and they have a lot more competition online I believe which is why these words were coming out of his mouth.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 19, 2012, 14:18 Cutter

What a load of shite. It's obvious to anyone with even half a brain that online shopping is much more environmentally friendly than brick and mortar stores. Like an order of magnitude more friendly.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: Online shopping is bad for the environment Nov 19, 2012, 14:18 eRe4s3r

1 container freighter = 1000000 cars

.. just saying

3. Re: Online shopping is bad for the environment Nov 19, 2012, 14:07 Creston

McSterls wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 12:07:
By that thought what's the difference in carbon footprint, of amazon shipping the goods to their warehouse, then UPS to my home compared to Toys R Us shipping the item through their distribution system to the store, then hundreds of consumers driving to the store in their SUV to pick up an item that may or may not be available then driving to another store, or a third.

Think I'll stick with online shopping and save myself time and frustration.

There is no difference. He's just desperately grabbing at a straw man in an effort to prop up his rapidly failing business model.

Creston

2. Re: Online shopping is bad for the environment Nov 19, 2012, 13:39 jdreyer

Yeah, exactly. That TRU guy is being silly. If you're in even a mildly dense area, you're going to gain efficiency by having one guy deliver all that stuff than everyone going to the store and coming back. And make no mistake: UPS and FedEx (and even the USPS) are incredibly efficient in their routes. TRU needs to make an online site and offer free shipping.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Online shopping is bad for the environment Nov 19, 2012, 12:07 McSterls

By that thought what's the difference in carbon footprint, of amazon shipping the goods to their warehouse, then UPS to my home compared to Toys R Us shipping the item through their distribution system to the store, then hundreds of consumers driving to the store in their SUV to pick up an item that may or may not be available then driving to another store, or a third.

Think I'll stick with online shopping and save myself time and frustration.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo