Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

This Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the U.S., and since we host our family for the occasion, it is sort of our Super Bowl of annual entertaining. We did a lot of our shopping over the weekend, but we still have one more major run, which will include a 20+ pound turkey, and, if tradition holds, a half-dozen quick trips to the store to follow for "one more" forgotten item. I'm not complaining though, it's always a fun event, and I won't even pretend that nearly as much of the burden of all this falls on me as it does on MrsBlue (though she has finally stopped trying to threaten to make me cook the turkey since I keep saying I would gladly do it).

Shopping Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Incredipede.
Stories: Bella Opens Big, Bond The Biggest Yet.
German police stop man with mobile office in car. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Solar vehicles in Chile race across world's driest desert.
One in 20 youth has used steroids to bulk up: study.
Images: We're supposed to be friends, computer... Thanks reddit.
Media: "Game Of Thrones" S3 Teaser Video.
Jeri and her Commodore 64 bass guitar.
Ellen Knows What's Wrong with These Photos.
Follow-up: No nation immune to climate change - World Bank.
John McAfee Starts Blog While in Hiding.
Confirmed "Star Wars" Ep. VII: Non-Directors.
Twinkies May Have Future After Hostess Bankruptcy.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2012, 11:49 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 21:22:
Isn't buying a 20 lb turkey today for Thursday cutting it close for the defrost?

If you let it defrost outside the fridge it supposedly will thaw in around 24 hours or so.

Even so, we always buy it a week beforehand and give it six days to thaw in the fridge.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. No nation immune to climate change - World Bank Nov 20, 2012, 01:42 LittleMe

Conflict of interest. The WB stands to make trillions on their carb credit and other schemes. Also they say they work against world poverty but it's the opposite. As if they cared about the environment with all their dirty fundings over the decades. What irony, and propaganda.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 21:22 Mr. Tact

Isn't buying a 20 lb turkey today for Thursday cutting it close for the defrost?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 18:54 Cutter

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 17:20:
Anonymous wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 17:17:
"Refined sugar foods should be banned or at least have health warning stickers. They are just as dangerous as cigarettes."

New research indicates that sugar directly promotes heart disease.

I hear breathing leads to eventual death. As well as not.

Indy said it best, "It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage."

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 17:20 nin

Anonymous wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 17:17:
"Refined sugar foods should be banned or at least have health warning stickers. They are just as dangerous as cigarettes."

I hear breathing leads to eventual death. As well as not.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 17:20 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 15:27:
oh god! oh god!

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/270618055544041473

BREAKING: Hostess and Bakers Union agree to mediation, preventing shut down.

hahahah told ya!

I love it. Buyer's remorse is rampant!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 17:17 Lit_Reflex001

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 15:51 Cutter

Look, no one should be eating Hostess crap to begin with. These aren't products made by bakers, they're made by chemical engineers. Do none of you have a bakery where you live?!

Good to see Skyfall has done so well. Totally deserves it. Go see it on the big screen!

And wtf was teaser vid for GoT? 10 seconds of a speech? Let's see some effing footage!

And 1 in 20 teens want to lose their balls? That's their damage.

Mobile office in car isn't illegal? Until he kills someone, right? Rolleyes

And why can't Canada and the US agree on a common date for Thanksgiving. It's stupid having them so far apart.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 15:49 Creston

Hoop wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 15:01:
Pst .....Pst......it's me......pst it's me John mcAfee. Im using this forum to tell the world the whole world is after me. I need x4 aa batteries & one of those racers Anakin Skywalker used as a child. Oh & a box of twinkies.

Hahahahaa! Well done.

Creston

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 15:40 BobBob

That's too bad. Just when we are becoming aware of the obesity epidemic. Refined sugar foods should be banned or at least have health warning stickers. They are just as dangerous as cigarettes.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 15:27 nin

oh god! oh god!

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/270618055544041473

BREAKING: Hostess and Bakers Union agree to mediation, preventing shut down.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 15:01 Hoop

Pst .....Pst......it's me......pst it's me John mcAfee. Im using this forum to tell the world the whole world is after me. I need x4 aa batteries & one of those racers Anakin Skywalker used as a child. Oh & a box of twinkies.  

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 12:20 Wallshadows

I really don't like J.J. Abrams so it's great to see he is not involved in Episode VII. He just builds up his work with so many subplots which seem interesting at first but they never have any kind of reason as well as closure or have some kind of half-baked way to connect with the main story. Super 8 being the worst offender of his movies when you weren't distracted with how much it felt like he was sucking off Steven Spielberg for bonus points.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 11:47 nin

Now we have to ask, what about the Hostess Fruit pies

ORANGE CUPCAKES!!!! I'm down to my last 3 packages!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2012, 11:44 Bet

Of course Twinkies have a future, that brand has to be worth millions. Then the factories will re-open, and rehire employees laid off (probably with preference to the non-union members). The cycle continues.

Now we have to ask, what about the Hostess Fruit pies. Every time there's a natural disaster I recommend them as emergency rations since 2 of them will feed a person for a day (500 calories/pie). Get a case and keep a family alive for a week.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo