Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video

The Kickstarter Page for Star Citizen notes that there are 24 hours to go (and counting) in the crowdsourcing campaign for this upcoming space simulation, which now stands at $4.7 million plus (and counting). They now offer advance sales of individual ships to support development, and one last AI gameplay video to help you choose, saying: "This is a short video of the AI attacking and defending a Bengal carrier. It demonstrates intelligent collision avoidance - a dense asteroid field, other space ships, including a large capital ship plus offensive and defensive roles. Note that this is very early pre-pre Alpha. There was a bug with laser bolt speed in this build and they were incorrectly capped at a very low speed. That is not how they will behave in the game. But we thought the video was awesome enough to show you anyway!"

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

9. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 20:05 Asmo

Has gone past 5 mil...

There have got to be some production houses kicking themselves when they see this sort of thing going on. The PC market is alive and well and people want to play games reminiscent of the "good old days", we just haven't had the opportunity presented to us that often.

Time will tell though, the expectation for these KS products is very high and if they fall short, I think crowdfunding will end up dying a sad death in a couple of years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 19:42 ViRGE

Prez wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 19:32:
It looks superb, but I like playing my space sims with a cockpit view. Was that ever mentioned as either being or not being a feature? 3rd person views just aren't immersive enough for me.
That was one of the very first things confirmed (and has been used in a couple different videos now). Roberts is a huge cockpit fan, and there will even be trinkets to decorate your cockpit with.

7. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 19:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Looks sweet, but damn, those are some ridiculous prices for those add-on ships. I hope it can at least mostly live up to Roberts' ambitions. I'm in for $37. I'll just have to earn the other ships the hard way. Really can't justify paying that kind of cash for those.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 19:32 Prez

It looks superb, but I like playing my space sims with a cockpit view. Was that ever mentioned as either being or not being a feature? 3rd person views just aren't immersive enough for me.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 16:15 theyarecomingforyou

This might completely quench my desire for a Tie Fighter sequel, as really I was just after any decent space sim. It looks incredible and I really hope it lives up to expectations.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

4. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 16:11 Tumbler

Its like a fireworks show finale! Corvettes for sale. Pirate ships, vandal fighters, bombers!!!! Ahhhhh why can't I have it all!!!

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2012, 16:43.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 15:55 Wildone

Fucking sexy and fuck off console kiddies. EAT IT  

2. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 15:40 Cutter

nin wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 15:23:
"This is a short video of the AI attacking and defending a Bengal carrier. It demonstrates intelligent collision avoidance - a dense asteroid field, other space ships, including a large capital ship plus offensive and defensive roles.

Goddamn it looks good.

Guess I don't regret that $37 for the finished game, along with alpha + beta.

...yet.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 15:23 nin

"This is a short video of the AI attacking and defending a Bengal carrier. It demonstrates intelligent collision avoidance - a dense asteroid field, other space ships, including a large capital ship plus offensive and defensive roles.

Goddamn it looks good.

Guess I don't regret that $37 for the finished game, along with alpha + beta.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo