Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Amazon.com's countdown to Black Friday Deals Week is underway with daily specials and lightning deals.

• Hearts of Iron III: Sounds of Conflict on GameStop PC Downloads. Save 80%.
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour on GameStop PC Downloads. Save 80%.
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence on Steam. Save 75%. "Launches the new era of episodic gaming."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: On Sale Nov 20, 2012, 03:00 .Drifter

Two, maybe three times, they've tried the fan made campaigns. Never were any released.
And for the load times of the original, yeah, programming error. Later patches really sped it up. Still never was as fast as some games though.
As for Emergence, I don't remember any game breaking bugs, but there were some performance issues if I remember right, based on the earlier version of the Source engine used, mainly stuttering and sound glitches.
Well, unless you're talking about the pirated version. I seem to remember Ritual posting that the majority of their support requests were for the leaked, pirated version.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2012, 10:59 Prez

Jerykk wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 21:32:
Prez wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 15:48:
nin wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 15:21:
"Launches the new era of episodic gaming."

Shame Sin couldn't get a break.

Everyone buy it again so we can get an episode 2!

Sadly, Ritual is dead. There will never be another Sin game. Not even sure who owns the IP now. Probably Activision, which means that Sin is definitely dead.

Yeah I was joking - there's no chance in hell. SiN was pretty much forgotten because it had the terrible fortune of being released around the same time as Half-Life. It is pretty amazing that they even tried resurrecting it with Emergence.

Maybe a fan-made campaign one day, but that's about the only chance it has.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

17. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2012, 09:17 Ant

Dev wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 09:16:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 08:25:
I actually hear getting sleep, helps the memory.
Wait what? Unpossible!
Sleep? What's that? It's SO overrated.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

16. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2012, 09:17 PHJF

Emergence was rather fun... played through it ~three times. Who can forget this (completely necessary/classy) cutscene?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

15. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2012, 09:16 Dev

Acleacius wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 08:25:
Wait what? Unpossible!

14. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2012, 08:25 Acleacius

.net_Drifter wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 01:11:
Oh, and:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 17:25:
Grabbed SIN, it's defiantly worth $2.50, if they removed that shitty ass release drm.

What DRM? From what I remember, the original game did a disk check, but that was patched out ages ago.
Unless by DRM you mean Steam?
It's been so long, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. Most games att only took about 10 seconds to load. At release SIN took an average of 60 seconds to load if you were lucky, maybe it was just poor/rushed programming.

On episodes, wasn't there also some game breaking bugs at release when Steam was still new and working out the bugs. So many games and so much time has past, hard to recall atm.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

13. Re: On Sale Nov 19, 2012, 01:11 .Drifter

Jerykk wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 21:32:

Sadly, Ritual is dead. There will never be another Sin game. Not even sure who owns the IP now. Probably Activision, which means that Sin is definitely dead.

Apparently MumboJumbo games owns the SiN IP. Dude that owned (maybe still owns) MumboJumbo used to be the CEO of Ritual, and left to start mumbojumbo. When Ritual started to fall apart after SiN episode 1 was released, he bought them out and got all their IP.
And, from what I remember, the reason they folded was due to a couple things. First was that while SiN ep 1 earned back more than what it cost to make it, it didn't cover the cost to develop the second episode, and the game that was to make up the difference was a third party one, but the deal fell through, and Ritual was no more. Now, it's been a while, but I think that's what I read about it from one of the ex-Ritual employees.

Oh, and:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 17:25:
Grabbed SIN, it's defiantly worth $2.50, if they removed that shitty ass release drm.

What DRM? From what I remember, the original game did a disk check, but that was patched out ages ago.
Unless by DRM you mean Steam?

12. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 23:53 Ant

I remember original SiN. That was fun. I remember playing its newly released demo after my major surgery in the summer of 1998. Haha.

Were the episodes fun and good too?

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2012, 09:16.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

11. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 21:32 Jerykk

10. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 18:38 jimnms

I enjoyed the first episode of SiN. It sucked when they canned it after the first. If you also get the original SiN with it, you'd be crazy not to grab this at this price.  

Steam Profile

9. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 17:25 Acleacius

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 17:12 panbient

Fantaz wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 16:27:
"SiN Episodes" is a joke... I bought into the hype, paid full price on day 1 and felt really burned.

The episode was self-contained and satisfying on its own. Yes, it would have been great to get more episodes but I don't feel cheated by the end of the chapter. The endurance mode was also rather novel too, same with the attempt to implement a dynamic challenge based on your actual skill rather than menu settings. Oh yeah, it also packed in the full version of the original.

Also, the most likely reason you were able to get a full refund on the original is because it was widely reported to be buggy as hell when it first launched, not because you didn't like it or Half-Life was better.

7. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 16:58 jacobvandy

Fantaz wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 16:27:
"SiN Episodes" is a joke... I bought into the hype, paid full price on day 1 and felt really burned. At least with the first SiN game the retailer I bought it from allowed me to trade it in for a full refund in exchange for Half-Life, but you can't do that with digital releases like SiN "Episodes". If no Episode 2 then i want my money back! Starting to feel the same way being burned after buying HL2 episode 2/orange box (even still got 2nd gift copy of ep. 2). Where's HL2 Episode 3? Where's all the episodic gaming? Vaporware!

Huh? Do you think you paid once to get all the episodes they might have made? That's not how it goes. You paid for the first one, and you got it.

6. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 16:37 pockets

I enjoyed all the SiN games. I bought in 1st day for the episodes. I'd be happy to donate to a Kickstarter to continue or at least finish the story.  

5. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 16:27 Fantaz

"SiN Episodes" is a joke... I bought into the hype, paid full price on day 1 and felt really burned. At least with the first SiN game the retailer I bought it from allowed me to trade it in for a full refund in exchange for Half-Life, but you can't do that with digital releases like SiN "Episodes". If no Episode 2 then i want my money back! Starting to feel the same way being burned after buying HL2 episode 2/orange box (even still got 2nd gift copy of ep. 2). Where's HL2 Episode 3? Where's all the episodic gaming? Vaporware!  

4. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 16:14 jacobvandy

I still think that SiN Episode 1 has the most satisfying headshots of any fast-paced FPS. Combined with weapons that actually do damage, as opposed to take half a clip to kill a person, and you get brain chunks flying everywhere!  

3. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 16:12 Icewind

Sin Episodes was actually a pretty good shooter if memory serves me correctly. I went through it a couple times. Loved all the funny easter eggs.

But the genre was changing at that point and the shift was on to a more console-style type of FPS. I really think that industry shift and how strongly the publishers felt about moving along with it were what ultimately killed it.

Though lack of money probably didn't help.

2. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 15:48 Prez

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

1. Re: On Sale Nov 18, 2012, 15:21 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo