Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Valve offers the following list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the past week:

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Hitman: Absolution
  4. Football Manager 2013
  5. Darksiders II: Death Lives
  6. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  7. Natural Selection 2
  8. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  9. Borderlands 2
  10. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 11:06 Verno

I stopped playing CoD after World at War which was the pinnacle of the series in terms of features and because it was just too samey. I understand its comfort food for some people but the cost of entry keeps rising every year and it isn't a very compelling FPS game anyway.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 11:03 ASeven

The reason I stopped buying and caring about CoD is simply because they don't give a fuck about PC features like dedicated servers and modtools and I believe each sale of CoD only reinforces publishers to ditch more and more PC features. This is why I haven't bought a CoD title since CoD5:WaW.

Had BO2 had dedicated server files (not like BO1 which was rent-a-server without any control) and real modtools (not the shit they called modtools in BO1) and if it was $40 I would have bought it. As it is, I refuse to support games that fuck up PC gaming and all the others should be ashamed of supporting such games. Don't come whining when more and more mainstream games ditch away more and more PC features.

And that's the reason I don't buy CoD anymore and hate it. Not because the game is fun or not but because it takes a hot steaming dump on PC gaming features since MW2 and I can't honestly support publishers and games that do that.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 09:31 Slashman

I suppose it does prove that PC gamers are every bit as brain-dead as their console counterparts. Hooray!!  

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 09:30 Morgan19

This won't do anything to convince those who knee-jerk "OMG, MORE CoD CRAP!!11lol" as soon as they hear the name, but for those curious and/or still have an open mind... MP1st has a pretty good MP review of Blops2, how it is different from the IW installments, what they've done to mix up the gameplay formula for this version, and both the positive and negatives of the game:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Review Treyarch Has Been Listening

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 07:58 Dev

InBlack wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 07:27:
Half a billion dollars!
You know thats just on the FIRST DAY right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops
BO1 was the best selling game ever, with 25 million copies sold. And that was a year ago. It was at $1 billion after little over a month.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it hit $2 billion lifetime after you add up all the expensive mostly rehashed map pack DLC.

And each and every CoD outsells the previous one. Obviously the market is still willing to buy more sequels of it, and guess what? Activision is totally happy delivering. They tend to have at least 2 of them in the works at any time.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2012, 08:04.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 07:55 xXBatmanXx

The new maps are actually very large. There is one map that is a boat, but the specialty games are played on that one.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 07:27 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 23:38:
Kobalt wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 22:27:
Here's the answer to all the people asking who buys black ops on pc: most people.

I caved. Although fun, it is no longer brown, it is primary colors and no depth in color. It is weird. Also missing some game types, but it is probably the best one yet.

I hate myself.

Half a billion dollars! I really loved the original CoD4:MW (I considered it a brilliant team based shooter, with a solid and 'epic' singleplayer portion. I played it for quite a bit until something came along that grabbed my attention more...

Lost a lot of interest in it and saw the writing on the wall after the fiasco with Infinity Ward and stayed away since. Recently though a friend of mine gifted me MW3 just so I could try it online with him.

It was somewhat fun initially but I was horrified to see how far the game had 'backtracked' from the original. No ingame server browser, small closed in maps, terrible weapon balance, strange perk system which could be instantly unlocked on 'special' servers, simplified gameplay, hell even the graphics looked WORSE than the original. What really killed it me was the repetition and the utterly RAMPANT CHEATING.

Luckily I didnt buy the thing, it was a Steam gift and both me and my friend soon gave up on MW3.

I still cant believe that these piece of shit rehashed games keep making so MUCH money compared to other much better games out there...

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 04:48 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 00:58:
I usually wait until they go on sale before picking them up, and not even BLOPs has gone down very much.
That would be because activision knows that its fans will buy it at any price, and keeps it quite high for as long as they can. There's literally no reason for them to reduce the price as long as they keep getting lots of sales. Its like expecting apple to reduce prices. No, its the smart business move in their cases to keep prices high because of their target market.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 00:58 jdreyer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 23:38:
Here's the answer to all the people asking who buys black ops on pc: most people.

I caved. Although fun, it is no longer brown, it is primary colors and no depth in color. It is weird. Also missing some game types, but it is probably the best one yet.

I hate myself.

There's no shame in that. I enjoyed both MW 1 & 2 for what they are, but haven't played any of them since 2. I usually wait until they go on sale before picking them up, and not even BLOPs has gone down very much.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 18, 2012, 23:38 xXBatmanXx

I hate myself.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 18, 2012, 22:39 cronik

blops 2!!!  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 18, 2012, 22:27 Kobalt

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 18, 2012, 20:55 SirKnight

Chivalry is bad ass. It should be much higher on the list. For me, it would be at least 2 if not 1 on that list.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo