Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

Reviewer Apologizes For Factual Inaccuracies In Pulled GameSpot Review. Thanks Joao.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 23:11 Flatline

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 16:09:
I'm not getting whats so bad about the review.....he said it was 30$ instead of 25$ and load times were longer than they are on a faster computer?

He also has a history of getting game reviews "factually wrong" in the past. This is like the 4th article in the last 3 or 4 years he's written that he's had pulled.

He's a lawyer doing this part time. The reason why you're getting a bullshit non-apology apology is that he's a lawyer and parses every fucking thing he does so that it could be interpreted any way you care to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 21:31 Creston

He's not apologizing that he's a fucking asshole who reviews games without ever playing them. He's apologizing for getting caught.

Creston

6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 17:13 PHJF

And he complained about it being tough for new players, not realizing or noticing that there are servers made for new players. I haven't played NS2 so I've got no idea how obvious the game makes it that these servers exist.

It highlights them in green on server lists and says "rookie server" in the server name, plus there is a filter to show only rookie servers.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 16:59 finga

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 16:09:
I'm not getting whats so bad about the review.....he said it was 30$ instead of 25$ and load times were longer than they are on a faster computer?
And he complained about it being tough for new players, not realizing or noticing that there are servers made for new players. I haven't played NS2 so I've got no idea how obvious the game makes it that these servers exist.

4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 16:30 Fantaz

Where's ma pitch fork...  

3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 16:09 dj LiTh

2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 15:36 Bet

ASeven wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 15:32:
I'm willing to bet he is "apologizing" because his reputation is nil right now and he's desperately trying to still have a job in gaming journalism after his latest fuckup.
Almost certainly.

1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 15:32 ASeven

That is one of the most insincere, passive-aggressive apologies I've ever seen. I'm willing to bet he is "apologizing" because his reputation is nil right now and he's desperately trying to still have a job in gaming journalism after his latest fuckup.

This is the guy that said "Part of the reason it's difficult is that the game is well balanced" in the NS2 review, or this little gem in the Yakuza 3 review:

"And if you're all butt-hurt about not having the same stuff as the kids across the Pacific, I hear you, but please believe me when I say that if you allow that butt-hurtedness to prevent you from buying and playing this game, you fail at life and will never have sex. Yeah, I said it. Because it's true. Don't say I didn't warn you."

This fucker is as clueless as they come.

Found his Natural Selection 2 review for anyone who hasn't read it yet:

http://pastebin.com/77esakn7

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo