Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Legal Briefs

View
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 14:56 Fibrocyte

"In it's totality , it didn't add up," Nelson said. "He was on a trip for work and he didn't have to check any bags. Everything didn't seem right. It didn't pass the smoke test." The bomb squad arrived within ten minutes after the 7:45 p.m. call and after examining McGann's watch, found no explosive materials present, Nelson said.

"He had every component to make a trigger mechanism," Nelson said. "Was it? No. But was everything there? Yes."

McGann was arrested under a section in the state's penal code that says that "a person who possesses any substance, material, or any combination of substances or materials, with the intent to make any destructive device or any explosive without first obtaining a valid permit to make that destructive device or explosive, is guilty of a felony."

I get it, he was extremely suspicious and should have been temporarily detained and questioned - no problem. But to charge him with "the intent to make any destructive device" is unjust. They don't know his intent. In addition, I always travel for work - usually for 1 week at a time and I never check bags.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 17, 14:31 Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Cutter
  2. Nov 17, 14:34  Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sepharo
>> 3. Nov 17, 14:56   Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Fibrocyte
  4. Nov 17, 15:28    Re: Saturday Legal Briefs eRe4s3r
  5. Nov 17, 15:39     Re: Saturday Legal Briefs ASeven
  6. Nov 17, 16:02      Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Fibrocyte
  9. Nov 17, 22:30       Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Tumbler
  10. Nov 17, 23:35        Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Ant
  11. Nov 18, 13:04         Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dmitri_M
  12. Nov 18, 14:22          Re: Saturday Legal Briefs J