Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Legal Briefs

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 18, 2012, 14:22 J

I've seen movies which have bombs in them, and those bombs have timers. A watch is a timer so he must be guilty. I'm going to send my CV in to the TSA now.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 18, 2012, 13:04 Dmitri_M

Perhaps the watch..looked exactly..like a bomb.  

10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 23:35 Ant

Tumbler wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 22:30:
Everyone knows the TSA rules by now and knows how they will react. If you still leave the house for the airport with that non-sense on your wrist then you deserve the harassment you get.

Are there pictures of the watch? I'm very interested to see this watch.
Yeah, I want to see it too!

I hope TSA/any security people don't mind old school Casio Data Bank calculator watches!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 22:30 Tumbler

Everyone knows the TSA rules by now and knows how they will react. If you still leave the house for the airport with that non-sense on your wrist then you deserve the harassment you get.

Are there pictures of the watch? I'm very interested to see this watch.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 17:24 PHJF

So we can't even get a picture of the watch from the article. And I especially loved this bit:

While no actual explosives were found, McGann was carrying potentially dangerous materials and appeared to have made alterations to his boots, which were unusually large and stuffed with layers of insoles, Nelson said.

Doctor Scholl is on the terrorist watch list!

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 16:39 eRe4s3r

But doing something is so much hassle...  

6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 16:02 Fibrocyte

BTW, the guy may have been wrongfully charged (TBD), but he sort of deserved what he got for lacking the common sense not to do what he did.

Of course, this may have been his plan all along. Maybe he designed a new watch (he's an artist) and wants to sell it. What better advertising then this crap?

Last thought: Who is to say he wasn't working with an accomplice?

5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 15:39 ASeven

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 15:28:
Ah... freedom.. we miss you so. Was good knowing you.

Not unless you do something about it.

4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 15:28 eRe4s3r

Ah... freedom.. we miss you so. Was good knowing you.  

3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 14:56 Fibrocyte

"In it's totality , it didn't add up," Nelson said. "He was on a trip for work and he didn't have to check any bags. Everything didn't seem right. It didn't pass the smoke test." The bomb squad arrived within ten minutes after the 7:45 p.m. call and after examining McGann's watch, found no explosive materials present, Nelson said.

"He had every component to make a trigger mechanism," Nelson said. "Was it? No. But was everything there? Yes."

McGann was arrested under a section in the state's penal code that says that "a person who possesses any substance, material, or any combination of substances or materials, with the intent to make any destructive device or any explosive without first obtaining a valid permit to make that destructive device or explosive, is guilty of a felony."

I get it, he was extremely suspicious and should have been temporarily detained and questioned - no problem. But to charge him with "the intent to make any destructive device" is unjust. They don't know his intent. In addition, I always travel for work - usually for 1 week at a time and I never check bags.

2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 14:34 Sepharo

Did nothing wrong.
Jailed and charged anyway.
WTF.

1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 14:31 Cutter

A bomb squad arrived within five minutes and determined there were no explosive materials in the watch, Nelson said. The checkpoint was closed while officers secured the area.

McGann was taken to Santa Rita Jail in Dublin where he was charged with possessing materials to make an explosive device, sheriff's officials said. He was still in custody Friday night and could not be reached for comment.

McGann told Transportation Security Administration officers that he's an artist and the watch is art, Nelson said.

While no actual explosives were found, McGann was carrying potentially dangerous materials and appeared to have made alterations to his boots, which were unusually large and stuffed with layers of insoles, Nelson said.

WTF?! Anyone carrying an electronic device has materials that can be used in constructing a bomb. and you guys were ragging on Greece yesterday for overreacting? Welcome to fucking Camp X-ray fellas!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo