Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail

Eurogamer has word from a Czech news report that the pair of Bohemia Interactive developers arrested in September in Myrina, Greece for Espionage have been refused bail. They are now awaiting trial, and word is this process is being delayed considerably by strikes in Greece, though apparently "strike season" is over. The pair's families are now apparently attempting to get the Czech president and prime minister to step in, claiming their foreign ministry has let them down. "Our boys no longer tell us on the phone that it's alright, that they're handling it," one of the mothers said. "After the court's decision we only hear from them something that no parent ever wants to hear: Mom, dad, please save us."

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 19, 2012, 13:36 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 19:28:
Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 19:18:
Arabs are known for their hospitality.

And christians always do the right thing!

Yea stereotypes!

I don't remember the last time a Christian cut someone's head off or suicide bombed someone to be honest just for not being Muslim.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 18, 2012, 04:12 Jackplug

everyone knows you dont piss around with the greek police cos they over react, now times that by 500% for the army and that should tell you never to go anywhere near their bases.  

24. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 18, 2012, 03:57 Dmitri_M

Yea stereotypes!

Americans live in fear it's a big wide world if you can find it on a map that is.

23. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 19:33 Sepharo

Yea stereotypes!

But Canadians are super nice.

Except the mean ones who post on this board.

22. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 19:28 nin

Yea stereotypes!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 19:18 Dmitri_M

20. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 17:58 StingingVelvet

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 13:31:
Yeah, that just seems pretty simple to me too. Why on earth would you ever go to Iran or any other muslim country if you're an American?

Creston

A bunch of people in my volunteer program did Kuwait before they came here. Most of them are far-left liberals trying to prove how understanding and accepting of Muslim culture they are, from what I could tell, though the girls still bitched about how they had to dress to avoid persecution.

At least Kuwait is somewhat West-friendly though, can't imagine why an idiot would go to Iran of all places. I met a Syrian here in Georgia who tried talking me into a trip to Tehran, which was amusing. He swore up and down Syria and Iran were friendly.

19. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 13:31 Creston

wtf_man wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 13:27:
I don't know about these two in Greece...

...but the Iranian shit (including the hikers from a couple of years ago)... If you are American... don't enter, or even go near a country that hates you for your nationality, DUMB ASSES. (Even if you have relatives there)

That's just fucking common sense.

Yeah, that just seems pretty simple to me too. Why on earth would you ever go to Iran or any other muslim country if you're an American?

Creston

18. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 13:27 wtf_man

I don't know about these two in Greece...

...but the Iranian shit (including the hikers from a couple of years ago)... If you are American... don't enter, or even go near a country that hates you for your nationality, DUMB ASSES. (Even if you have relatives there)

That's just fucking common sense.

17. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 12:23 Shataan

I say it again, in the scheme of things, Greece just does not matter. They know this. And this is just some way to puff themselves up to say something on the Worlds Stage.

If however they were smart, they`d have dealt civilly with this issue and it would have already turned into a non issue. Instead they chose to make themselves look like complete azzholes. Imbeciles really. They could have made themselves look like Heros.

Yup, the guys did something dumb. Something dumb that hardly deserves anywhere near the treatment they are getting. Slap em on the wrists, ask for a public oppology.... DONE. But nope. Peeps ingeneral and the Greek Governement just feel the need to overreact, and GrandStand.

I`ll bet on any given day of the year, there is no one here or anywhere that hasn`t done something equally as dumb. So don`t stand too high up on your podiums, and hold your noses too high in the clouds. Wouldn`t want you to get any nosebleeds. ;p

16. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 12:02 Tom

Hey hey hey hey hey. Don't be dissing the country that brought us spanakopita.

These two guys did something really dumb. Like really REALLY dumb. Now they are suffering the consequences. At least they didn't do it in the US or Russia, though. Then they would've really been screwed.

15. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 11:52 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 10:44:
nin wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 22:16:
This story is pretty insane. I can't believe it's gone on this long.

Amir Mirza Hekmati is still held in Iran, over a year later.

Yeah, but Iran is a piece of shit country, so you'd expect that from them. Greece likes to pretend that they're this awesome, upstanding part of Europe, but yeah... We're not seeing it, Greece.

Creston

Greece is also a piece of shit country who thinks they're a superpower.

14. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 11:38 nin

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 10:44:

Yeah, but Iran is a piece of shit country, so you'd expect that from them. Greece likes to pretend that they're this awesome, upstanding part of Europe, but yeah... We're not seeing it, Greece.

Creston

Yeah, it just seems like his case doesn't seem to get as much attention, despite being held longer.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 11:36 Eirikrautha

"I went home with a waitress,
the way I always do.
How was I to know
she was with the Russians too?"

"I was gambling in Havana;
I took a little risk.
Send lawyers, guns, and money;
Dad, get me outta' this!"

12. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 10:44 Creston

Creston

11. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 10:42 Creston

I love how a trial is delayed by Greece being on fucking strike. Your pretention of being an actual civilization is falling apart rapidly, Greece.

While I still say that these guys were stupid, you'd expect that their government would have made some discreet calls to Greece by now and gotten their release arranged.

Creston

10. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 10:12 Bet

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 08:48:
I wonder exactly what these two guys got up to to make themselves so suspicious to be thrown in prison. Scaled a fence? Maybe you can get away with that in Czech Republic..
14 frames of video, according to Greece. A half second, and you're in jail for 2+ months.

EU member states infighting.

9. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 08:48 Dmitri_M

I wonder exactly what these two guys got up to to make themselves so suspicious to be thrown in prison. Scaled a fence? Maybe you can get away with that in Czech Republic..

Setting a war game on a Mediterranean tourist island really is..an obscure silly idea.

8. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 06:52 dubfanatic

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 01:59:
The world is not some sort of game.

To be so naive...

7. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 02:39 Muscular Beaver

Unless they would be turks I dont see a reason for this to be that serious.
Greece seems to want to show their (albeit rotten) teeth, since they dont have anything else to show anymore...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo