Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details

There are some details on IGN about the Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage DLC for Borderlands 2 that was officially revealed yesterday after being outed last month. They offer some concept art from the pack along with a trailer where artist Scott Kester shows off some gameplay and discusses Gearbox's goals for the DLC. Word is this will launch next week, and they have details on what to expect:

Borderlands 2’s second expansion -- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage -- will launch on November 20th. Like Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty before it, Campaign of Carnage offers new areas for players to explore, three new achievements, a new currency and plenty of new missions for players level 15 or higher, with enemies scaled to your level.

The basic story of Campaign of Carnage revolves around a new vault discovered in Pandora, buried in the center of a large crater that will only open “once the champion of Pandora feeds it the blood of the ultimate coward.” Your introduction to Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage comes via Mr. Torgue himself, screaming at you like a terrifying mix of Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage with a deep love for explosions.

As Mr. Torgue describes the new vault, “we at the Torgue Corporation sincerely believe this is f**king awesome -- so awesome that we're going to set up a tournament to find this number one badass.” That tournament takes place in an arena that will serve as the centerpiece of the expansion, built around the Badass Crater of Badassitude where the vault is buried. You’ll need a sponsor to participate, and one of the first new characters you’ll meet is Piston, a scarily-large brawler with engine pistons for hands.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 21:54 xXBatmanXx

Have over 130 hours in the game already. Bring on more Borderlands!!!!!!!  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 17:39 Parias

RailWizard wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 15:43:
I just meant "gamers" are mostly drooling idiots these days, and they are the market now apparently so the bar is set much lower than before.

I think I know someone who can help with that problem.

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 15:54 Beamer

Oooooooh.

Now I'm the one not reading.
Sorry about that, I totally missed what you meant and yeah, you're totally right on that. People do keep buying crap. But if a company keeps ripping people off people will stop buying it. Madden didn't innovate and people stopped buying them. Yeah, they're made, but they're no longer a huge hit because people realized that they didn't need the new versions every single year.

CoD won't quite hit that, because the new versions actually offer something new. That "new" may just be new maps, but it's enough to get the bulk of the community to shift, and most people play the games not because of the games themselves but because of how large and competitive the multiplayer community is.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 15:43 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:58:
RailWizard wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:36:
Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:08:
RailWizard wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 13:40:
Dades wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 11:02:
Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 10:58:
Sounds like it's mostly a monster-arena style thing?

Creston

So it's the shitty DLC from the first game that everyone hated without a big stash to force people to get it? No wonder they can turn this out so quickly. Enclosed arenas are the lamest form of DLC no matter who makes them, why repeat past mistakes?

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Hooks no longer matter now with this "Season pass" bullshit.

Actually neither does quality for that matter. What if the 3rd or 4th DLC sucks? Refund?? LOL GL!

Though true, remember that Gearbox desperately wants you to buy BL3 and the season pass for BL3.
If the season pass for BL2 ends up a bad value then they won't have repeat customers. Obviously some companies aren't able to think that far ahead, but you often act like every company wants to screw you. Everyone knows that no one got rich making everyone feel screwed over. There's no long term prospects in that.

Sounds like your point of view. Someone keeps buying CoD, Sims, AssMold-Farmer2013, etc....

I own exactly 3 CoDs, 1 Sims (bought the original, played it for about 2 hours), not exactly sure what AssMold is, why you capitalize it so oddly, and why anyone would farm it, but whatever, man, just make random generalizations that mean little...

I just meant "gamers" are mostly drooling idiots these days, and they are the market now apparently so the bar is set much lower than before.

Also I just made up assmold, though it's probably a reference to these weird farming simulator games I've been seeing combined with none of said players being actual farmers.

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 14:58 Beamer

RailWizard wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:36:

Creston

So it's the shitty DLC from the first game that everyone hated without a big stash to force people to get it? No wonder they can turn this out so quickly. Enclosed arenas are the lamest form of DLC no matter who makes them, why repeat past mistakes?

Actually neither does quality for that matter. What if the 3rd or 4th DLC sucks? Refund?? LOL GL!

Though true, remember that Gearbox desperately wants you to buy BL3 and the season pass for BL3.
If the season pass for BL2 ends up a bad value then they won't have repeat customers. Obviously some companies aren't able to think that far ahead, but you often act like every company wants to screw you. Everyone knows that no one got rich making everyone feel screwed over. There's no long term prospects in that.

Sounds like your point of view. Someone keeps buying CoD, Sims, AssMold-Farmer2013, etc....

I own exactly 3 CoDs, 1 Sims (bought the original, played it for about 2 hours), not exactly sure what AssMold is, why you capitalize it so oddly, and why anyone would farm it, but whatever, man, just make random generalizations that mean little...

-------------

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 14:36 RailWizard

Creston

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 14:22 Dades

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 13:37:
Gee golly whiz, guys, it sure took me an awful long time to read the article past where Blue copy-pasted and learn the answers to such questions...

The article doesn't make it sound much better than initial thoughts and you sure seem to love this game.

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 14:08 Beamer

Creston

-------------

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 13:59 Gadzooks

Creston

"New areas to explore"

sounds like it HAS an arena, but is more than just that.

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 13:40 RailWizard

Creston

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2012, 13:55.

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 13:37 jacobvandy

Gee golly whiz, guys, it sure took me an awful long time to read the article past where Blue copy-pasted and learn the answers to such questions...

Sitting down to play the Campaign of Carnage, it’s obvious that Gearbox intends this expansion to be played by its most hardcore players. Torgue’s campaign mixes Borderlands 2’s typical mission structure with the Circles of Slaughter seen in the main game, using horde mode-style battles to punctuate story missions throughout its running time, which is roughly the same as the previous expansion.

Like in Pirate’s Booty, enemies have been replaced by new versions related to the theme -- Marauders become bikers, Goliaths become Enforcers -- but Campaign of Carnage has plenty of new enemies to offer as well. The expansion includes multiple bosses, like Pyro Pete (a surprisingly lassez-faire flamethrowing psychopath), Motor Mama (a “rather buxom lady on a motorcycle with twin sidecars” according to concept designer Scott Kester), and Badassaurus Rex (a “big crazy Torgue-themed robotic dinosaur breathing fire”).

According to Kester, the expansion is built around “the culture of combat,” and it’s not shy about exploring it. Playing the first hour, it’s clear that you’ll be fighting. A lot. The only ones fighting more than you are your various enemies, who are just as likely to hurt each other as they are to attack you. Combat doesn’t become too repetitive, though. Aside from the story missions and arena bouts, you’ll come across an additional Circle of Slaughter in a bar brawl early on, and even when you do revisit the main arena you’ll encounter different combat scenarios each time.

As for that new currency, unique vending machines spread throughout the Campaign of Carnage’s new areas will only accept Torgue Tokens, which you’ll have to scavenge from killed enemies. Each machine features a selection of badass Torgue guns and always offers a legendary weapon in the Item of the Day slot. Campaign of Carnage will also feature some familiar faces, including Tannis, Moxxi and even Tiny Tina, who Kester says has “her own thoughts about sponsorship.” Tina will also offer a new subset of weapons, and based on her affinity for explosions it’s not hard to guess what they’ll do.

Come on now.

After that, though, they talk about how they're still trying to figure out how they're going to raise the level cap (in a later expansion). Apparently they want to do something more than just increase the experience limit.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2012, 13:43.

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 13:16 Beelzebud

Creston

Because they know a high percentage of people will buy it. Gamers' lack of self control has made DLC the new norm. Even shitty DLC.

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 11:36 Cutter

MajorD wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 10:57:
nin wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 10:53:
They seem to time these almost perfectly, where as I wrap up one, another becomes available.

They're watching you Neo.

Haha! Nice one.

And anything involving Mach and the Hulkster has to be good.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 11:32 nin

Creston

That's assuming that's the only thing you do. It sounds like there might be more to it, based on (mild spoilers) http://kotaku.com/5961091/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 11:03 Creston

Creston

So it's the shitty DLC from the first game that everyone hated all over again? No wonder they can turn this out so quickly. Enclosed arenas are the lamest form of DLC no matter who makes them.

I don't know for sure, but their press release sure seems to say so.

Creston

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 11:02 Dades

Creston

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 10:58 Creston

Creston

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 10:57 MajorD

nin wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 10:53:
They seem to time these almost perfectly, where as I wrap up one, another becomes available.

They're watching you Neo.

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue DLC Next Week; More Details Nov 16, 2012, 10:53 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo