Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition/Free DLC This Month

Paradox Interactive announces a new End of Flesh add-on is coming at the end of this month to expand Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, Kerberos Studios' space strategy sequel. To compensate for what Paradox admits was a game that "didn't quite meet expectations," owners of Sword of the Stars II will receive the expansion for free, while going forward, the add-on will be incorporated into a new Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition. Here's a trailer, and here are the details:

The “End of Flesh” expansion to “Sword of the Stars II” introduces players to the Loa, a shape shifting artificial intelligence that can settle some of the most foreboding of landscapes. A former slave race, they now have freedom and an incentive to use their powerful and unique vessels to teach their old masters a lesson.

Features of the Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition include:

• The new Loa race with a new drive for their ships – the Neutrino Pulse Gate
  • Over 25 new technologies including a new tech tree for cybernetics
  • 10 new weapons and attack systems
  • Expanded ship building options for all six original factions, including new Leviathan class ships
  • 2 new independent races to seduce or bludgeon into your imperial orbit
  • New random encounters and mission types
  • All previously released faction based DLC – the voices, the badges, the avatars, the skins...all of it.

View
4. Re: Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition/Free DLC This Month Nov 16, 2012, 13:10 dj LiTh

So...in its current state is this game fixed /w all the bugs broken features? I've heard previous posters in other threads comment how SoTS1 was much better than this? I myself have played neither but would like to get into another 4X game, just not sure if i should...yet?  

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo