Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 20:38 Cutter

Republican/tea partier is now officially a synonym for cognitive disconnect. It's not just that most of their ilk are irrational, paranoid, ignorant, uneducated, bigoted, racist, etc., its that they can hold all these contradictory views simultaneously and still be entirely out of touch with reality/history. They can no longer be permitted a vote because they just drag everyone and everything else down. Forget them seceding, we need to secede/kick them out. Christ, most of them will die off within a few weeks on their own without us and the government.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 19:40 Burrito of Peace

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 17:10:
Spoken like a true loser.

I hope someone in your immediate family develops heart disease or cancer. If it's you, I hope that the cost of your health insurance causes your employer to terminate you. If it isn't, I hope the same for your family member. I hope that you have the rightness of being to step up and care for them. I hope that you have to learn how to make the choice between eating that week or paying for medications. I hope you have to learn what it's like to swallow your pride and go to a food pantry so that you'll have food for your children or your parents. I hope you enjoy the feeling you have inside where you feel worthless because you, as a man, can not provide for your family. I hope you enjoy the anxiety of wondering when, not if, your power will be turned off or your car will be repossessed because the cost of caring for yourself or a sick family member without insurance makes meeting all of your bills a impossibility, no matter how hard or long you work.

I hope this happens to you because it is the only way you will ever learn compassion for your fellow man. I hope that you learn that "I got mine, fuck you" is the absolute worst mindset to ever have when looking at another human being. I hope you grow out of being a selfish, ignorant, blind child and in to a man worth knowing. Most of all, I hope that when you need help...a man worth knowing is there to lend you a hand.

13. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 19:10 Grendle

"Growing up from nothing taught me a couple of valuable lessons, though, #1 being: The system isn't designed so that everyone can get ahead just by working hard, regardless of what people tell you."

You're clueless.

12. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 18:53 Scottish Martial Arts

"Growing up from nothing taught me a couple of valuable lessons, though, #1 being: The system isn't designed so that everyone can get ahead just by working hard, regardless of what people tell you."

If only the Tea Partiers would follow through on their vows to emigrate or secede. It's hilarious that the party of "personal responsibility" would attract such perpetual adolescents.

11. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 17:22 Kitkoan

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:55:
Ya know what? If they organize, shut the store down. If you don't like making 14K a year then move and get another job. Stop whining since you're still getting your Obama Stamps and phone. STFU you lazy inbred. And don't give me the old "it's the only job they have" BS. If that is the case then MOVE AWAY to a better place. Less workers means less available labor, making existing labor more valuable, leading to higher wages, which leads to people moving back, more potential workers, rates go down, repeat. I know that sort of logic is lost on the lost Obama generation but, seriously, give me a break.

The only thing that's more funny then this post is, yeah, it is the only job they have. And you know why? It's because of the Republicans. Little children like you might not remember this, but it was the Republicans like George Bush Jr that actively told businesses to take as many jobs away from the USA and over to places like China in an effort to "stay competitive".

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

10. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 17:10 ledhead1969

9. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 16:20 PropheT

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 14:55:
Ya know what? If they organize, shut the store down. If you don't like making 14K a year then move and get another job. Stop whining since you're still getting your Obama Stamps and phone. STFU you lazy inbred. And don't give me the old "it's the only job they have" BS. If that is the case then MOVE AWAY to a better place. Less workers means less available labor, making existing labor more valuable, leading to higher wages, which leads to people moving back, more potential workers, rates go down, repeat. I know that sort of logic is lost on the lost Obama generation but, seriously, give me a break.

Re: Did 'Completely Wrong' Romney Google bomb himself? Oct 11, 2012, 01:33 ledhead1969

Romney is going to trounce that fool next month.

Heh heh.

Seriously though, just think about it. It's not like they're working at Walmart because all the skilled white-collar jobs were taken or living in a trailer court because there weren't any mansions for sale. What you're saying is something to the effect of, "These stupid lazy poor people, too dumb to just go make more money" and it's so ridiculous and wrong that it's not even a funny caricature of a gross oversimplification of the problem...it's just sad.

The wages at Walmart aren't low because there's too many people in areas where there's Walmarts pushing wages down. They're low because it's unskilled labor, and moving to another job market isn't going to make a Walmart worker suddenly worth more at the next retail job they go find in that lower population area, assuming they're even able to generate the income necessary to uproot and move there in the first place; something that's unrealistic for most people living close to the poverty line. It also ignores that if the cost of labor in those low-cost retail areas goes up, it also pushes up the cost of goods in that area to compensate, which raises the cost of living in the area, making it more enticing for people who DO actually make money there and can afford to relocate to move their skilled work somewhere else where cost of living is lower, and where they get more bang for their buck; this is where you start to get into suburban spread, deteriorating housing markets in low income urban neighborhoods as skilled labor moves out and are replaced with government assistance populations who make little but compensate for the landowner's losses in tenant income with subsidies, and so on, and so on...

Anyway, these "lazy inbreds" you're talking about HAVE jobs. Shit, a lot of them work more hours a week than you or I do. Growing up from nothing taught me a couple of valuable lessons, though, #1 being: The system isn't designed so that everyone can get ahead just by working hard, regardless of what people tell you.

8. Re: etc. EA wins LGBT equality award Nov 16, 2012, 16:18 Acleacius

Corporate Cannibalism is Equal Opportunity based!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

7. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 14:57 Beamer

I love people that bring up "Obama Phone."

You realize that the phone program has been in place longer than Obama, right? Like, decades longer, right?

Idiots.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 14:55 ledhead1969

5. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 14:54 Ratty

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 12:29:
I choose not to shop at Walmart, for both moral reasons and for the dislike of the general atmosphere of the place. People often ask me why I hate that store so much, the better question is why they don't hate it. Wretched hive of scum and villainy indeed.
I have to agree except for the part about not shopping there. I can't help it. I only do it about twice a year and always feel guilty but for some reason I enjoy it, secretly and self-loathingly.

There is a guy I work with, a real liberal anti-corporate save-the-trees hipster type. The kind who would never be caught dead in a place like Walmart. But who should I catch shopping there with his mother about 5 cities over from where we work? Oh the big grin on my face when I tapped him on the shoulder. To this day it's my little blackmail morsel. Whenever the subject of megastores comes up I make sure and wonder aloud what kind of losers would shop there, always staring right at him.

4. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 14:15 BobBob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcCfkKziWa8  

3. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 13:50 Prez

It bothers me when I see the companies in my little town that make so much money its ridiculous yet they pay peanuts. As it is, it's hard for me to get too bent out of shape over the admittedly terrible service at fast food joints and Walmart checkout lines when I know how little these people are being paid. I don't expect someone to get rich off of working at a place like McDonalds but it's hard, honest work, and if they paid their employees a decent wage maybe they could get a higher quality employee that is more motivated to serve the customer better, which in turn leads to happier customers and more business, which means the company makes more money. Theoretically anyway.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

2. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 12:29 NegaDeath

I choose not to shop at Walmart, for both moral reasons and for the dislike of the general atmosphere of the place. People often ask me why I hate that store so much, the better question is why they don't hate it. Wretched hive of scum and villainy indeed.  

1. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 12:03 Cutter

"I work full time at the richest company in the world," Walmart worker Sara Gilbert stated, adding that she makes just $14,000 a year and has to rely on food stamps and benefits to feed her family.

There's the GOP America for you. I'm amazed it's taken those clowns Walmart this long to organize. Then again I suppose it's why they're working there in the first place.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo