Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion

Paradox Interactive announces the Sunset Invasion DLC has invaded Crusader Kings II, adding a "what if" scenario to the strategy sequel:

A dark cloud looms over Western Europe and peculiar ships appear on the horizon as Paradox Interactive have today released Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion, the latest DLC for critically-acclaimed strategy RPG Crusader Kings II and first fantasy scenario ever introduced to a Paradox Interactive strategy game.

Featuring a treasure trove of new features that would make Montezuma himself jealous, Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion pits the European dynasties against the brutal conquering force of the ferocious Aztec civilization and they aren’t here to trade chocolate!

Descending on the shores of Europe like a plague, the bloodthirsty foes bring with them exotic and deadly disease as well as a craving to massacre everyone in their path. Endurance will be stretched to the limit in order to evade being captured and having your innards dished up as a sacrifice to their greedy and vindictive gods.

Are you ready for the biggest threat Europe could have known?

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2012, 13:20 Rigs

Dude, it's a game not a documentary on HISTORY, whatever lets you make it real, so be it. If it takes UFOs beaming Aztec warriors from Central-South America to Europe to make it fit, well, then, that's what happened...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Nov 16, 2012, 12:58 Dmitri_M

How many canoes would have to make it over the entire Atlantic to support an invasion of Europe.  

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Nov 16, 2012, 12:57 dj LiTh

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 12:47:
How do the Aztecs reach Europe? Canoes?

Well considering there's been cocaine residue found in the tombs of egyptian pharaoh's and the only place that it could have come from at the time was south america....sure why not.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Nov 16, 2012, 12:47 Dmitri_M

How do the Aztecs reach Europe? Canoes?  

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Nov 16, 2012, 09:00 netnerd85

the only thing I like about Crusader Kings II is the guy on the box... captures my attention every time... I'm guessing there's no half naked cutscenes with him in it? no? oh well. Moving on.  

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Nov 16, 2012, 04:18 Ceribaen

I had a scenario where I was focused on attempting to create an independent Iceland... though I had a 'Cersei' ruler at one point that got too big for her britches and attempted to claim some of the Scottish Isles (Orkney) and Northern Ireland...

Ticked off a few too many people and currently about to lose my independence =p

I think next Steam sale I'm going to grab all the DLC I'm behind on and start fresh.

With the new DLC, did they introduce some way to have new mercenary companies crop up? Was one of my major problems I was running into, couldn't get enough military force because the only merc companies left were crusaders.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Nov 16, 2012, 02:50 NewMaxx

I paid full price for this, got the retail box imported from Sweden. Won't talk about how long that took by boat (apparently), it was not a fun wait though. Got a game in with 1.0 but it did have some issues, still a lot of fun, especially with how moddable it is (even save files are easy to edit).

Great game, Paradox's best to date for this type of game. By that I mean it's relatively easy to get into (despite a not-so-great "tutorial"), the demo was a lot of fun (and led me to buy the game), and it was pretty decent at release (most of their games of this type need a few expacks to get really playable).

I recently started a new game after Sword of Islam/Legacy of Rome, and it's pretty darn smooth now. The game is snowballing towards a titanic clash of empires, which is more likely with the de jure empires (formed one myself after 250 years!), but it can really require you to focus on the political game. Allies can make all the difference in such contests...

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Nov 15, 2012, 23:06 dj LiTh

It's interesting....after awhile i feel like i'm just playing match maker on who to marry whom....I actually prefer super small countries/provinces. I'd say its worth the 5$, great laptop game if your on the road but i wont be getting any more DLC for it.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Nov 15, 2012, 22:00 Cutter

Who's still playing and enjoying this? It's on sale at GMG and Impulse today for 10 clams. Think it'll hit $5 in a few weeks for the Steam Xmas sale?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo