Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Torgue DLC Confirmed

Gearbox's ECHOcasts Twitter account is now ostensibly in control of Mister Torgue, who has wrested control from the Mecromancer to confirm indications from last month that Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage will be the next DLC for Borderlands 2. Other than confirm the title of the new content for the role-playing shooter, Torgue is generally just throwing around all caps #BADASSITUDE for now. Thanks IGN.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Torgue DLC Confirmed Nov 16, 2012, 10:49 Dades

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 07:10:
No one complains about how many times you have to play Diablo 2 to get good gear....why complain about 5 hours?

ADD has gotten the best of a lot of you.

That's because you can get good gear in Diablo 2 in 5 hours and go look up what ADD actually is on wikipedia.

That's randomization for you. By the law of averages, you will have at least as much shit as you will good stuff, and then a bunch of so-so stuff (which the player also considers shit) in between. You say they should "take a look at it," but that would mean removing or neutering loot randomization, which is against the core values of the game and hybrid genre they have created (FPS/RPG). It's fine if you don't like it, but there's really not much they can do.

You can have randomization with better base properties, stop making excuses for them. They don't just throw everything into a number blender and pray, they have direct control over the item formulas and drop percentiles. This isn't people wanting something for nothing and it isn't just a drop randomization problem. There isn't a design law that says players can only enjoy good loot if they collect a lot of bullshit too, choices can be compelling instead of boring and obvious.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Torgue DLC Confirmed Nov 16, 2012, 07:10 xXBatmanXx

No one complains about how many times you have to play Diablo 2 to get good gear....why complain about 5 hours?

ADD has gotten the best of a lot of you.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Torgue DLC Confirmed Nov 16, 2012, 03:09 jacobvandy

That's randomization for you. By the law of averages, you will have at least as much shit as you will good stuff, and then a bunch of so-so stuff (which the player also considers shit) in between. You say they should "take a look at it," but that would mean removing or neutering loot randomization, which is against the core values of the game and hybrid genre they have created (FPS/RPG). It's fine if you don't like it, but there's really not much they can do.

Well, they could give us some tools to get one over on the odds, like crafting, customization, augmenting, and/or re-rolling; I agree things like that should be added and would make a great currency sink. But you cannot deny that the randomization is what makes looting fun. That's the entire reason Diablo and its clones are so popular, and why randomized loot (to some degree) is a part of almost every RPG out there.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2012, 03:21.

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Torgue DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 23:28 Dades

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 19:49:
You don't have to pick up the garbage if you don't want to.

That is a really lame excuse to pass off responsibility to the player. He's not complaining he has to pick up every single gun, he's saying there is too much junk in the stuff he does pick up. It's a common complaint and something they should look at.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Torgue DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 19:49 jacobvandy

You don't have to pick up the garbage if you don't want to. I know a lot of people who play these games let their OCD get the best of them, and they *can't* not pick something up because it's like leaving money on the ground, but that's not the game's fault. I used to do that in order to make as much money as possible, but after I beat it and found out how easy it is to farm cash from the last boss if you need some, I stopped worrying about it in subsequent playthroughs. Talk about a load off your mind! It would be nice if they added an option for certain lower rarities to not have icons pop up, though.  

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Torgue DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 19:42 Hump

I enjoyed the game for approximately 5 hours and suddenly it just became a bore. there's some great idea there but the loot reward system is overdone. there's too much junk and one needs to spend too much time comparing weapon and gadget qualities. The reward system needs to be leaner and more focused so you feel like you've earned something special rather than looking at it as a chore to comb thru the garbage  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 16:45 jacobvandy

The Captain Scarlett DLC had a glitch that caused massive performance issues on Medium and High PhysX in those levels; I experienced them, myself. I haven't played since the patch, though.

Anyhow, looking forward to some new content, though I'm not sure if the Torgue one is a Season Pass campaign or a smaller one. Need more details.

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 16:05 nin

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:03:
I'm going with the same strategy I used for Borderlands. Wait, and them scoop up the entire package when it's all on sale. If it takes 2 years, so be it, the game isn't really important.

It'll be a heck of a deal, I'll say that.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 16:03 Beelzebud

I'm going with the same strategy I used for Borderlands. Wait, and them scoop up the entire package when it's all on sale. If it takes 2 years, so be it, the game isn't really important.  

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 15:50 nin

I've got a GTX660Ti and I never get slowdowns with high physX on. I just turn it off because the effects are insanely overdone.

I finally changed it from high to medium...sometimes it threw up so much stuff it became distracting. Medium seems to be about right, for me at least.

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 15:40 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 15:30:
On a GTX680? I've got a GTX660Ti and I never get slowdowns with high physX on. I just turn it off because the effects are insanely overdone.
Yeah. It only seems to affect co-op, so it might be netcode related or CPU (not much I can do about that as mine is heavily overclocked). The main issue is that I game at 2560x1600, which is always pretty tough. Still, performance has improved noticeably. I need to do a proper co-op session to check whether the patch has fully addressed it.

I know people with mega rigs often like to boast about how everything runs perfectly but it's never that simple. Heck, XCOM: Enemy Unknown only ran at 30fps until I disabled SLI - then it was a constant 60fps maxed out.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 15:36 theyarecomingforyou

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 15:24:
I wrapped up the first DLC over the weekend and now back to Dishonored. Hoping to resist the other DLC until I get some of the other fall games knocked down a bit.
Yeah, Dishonored is great. I'm on my second playthrough at the moment and with the nVidia Inspector tweak to get proper anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering the game looks really good. I can't wait 'til the proper DLC is released (not that bothered by the time trials nonsense). I also got distracted by XCOM: Enemy Unknown and after restarting part way through (after learning the gameplay mechanics) I've put in 35hrs completing my first playthrough.

The next problem I have is that Far Cry 3 and PlanetSide 2 are coming out, with the new Hitman on my "see what the reviews say because I'm not quite convinced" list. That's without the rest of the back catalogue I need to complete, including Arkham City, TW: Shogun 2, SR3, Legend of Grimrock, LA Noire, Max Payne 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 / Brotherhood / Revelations (yeah, I'm really behind!). And I'm waiting for a sale on the new King's Bounty and Torchlight II. Right now I'm playing through DiRT: Showdown (yeah, my tastes are quite eclectic). Oh, and I really should replay Skyrim and The Witcher 2.

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 15:30 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 15:24:
I tried it after the latest patch and performance with PhysX seems to be better (the patch notes mentioned improvements at high resolutions), as before I had it set to low as it was hurting my framerate.

On a GTX680? I've got a GTX660Ti and I never get slowdowns with high physX on. I just turn it off because the effects are insanely overdone.

Strange.

Creston

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 15:26 RailWizard

Sleeping  

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 15:24 theyarecomingforyou

DangerDog wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 15:04:
Still haven't finished the main campaign.
Ditto. I was playing with a couple of other people and we got distracted. Heck, I haven't even played the first DLC yet. I tried it after the latest patch and performance with PhysX seems to be better (the patch notes mentioned improvements at high resolutions), as before I had it set to low as it was hurting my framerate. Driver support is also better, as initially the game didn't support SLI.

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 15:24 nin

I wrapped up the first DLC over the weekend and now back to Dishonored. Hoping to resist the other DLC until I get some of the other fall games knocked down a bit.

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Torque DLC Confirmed Nov 15, 2012, 15:04 DangerDog

Still haven't finished the main campaign.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo