Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Primal Carnage Free DLC Today

Reverb Publishing announces plans for free DLC for Primal Carnage, calling the recently released multiplayer action game "the highest reviewed dinosaur game of all-time" (which is not saying much, and not completely accurate). They outline plans to support the game with a new game mode and character skins with a free release later this month:

While tens of thousands of gamers around the world are already enjoying the Human vs. Dinosaur frag-fest known as Primal Carnage, the cry for more content has not gone unnoticed. Answering the call, Reverb Publishing and Lukewarm Media are pleased to announce that Primal Carnage will be getting a slew of new content, the first of which is an all-new objective-based mode code named “Get to the Chopper” and a brand-new mode specific map. The first of many planned game updates, this 100 percent FREE content will introduce new modes and maps when it rears its head later this month.

In addition to all planned free game updates, Primal Carnage will periodically be releasing alternative character skin packs. The first will also arrive later this month in the form of five new skins, one for each of the playable Dinosaur classes.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 21:17 Prez

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 15:48:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 15:30:
I'd be more interested in this game if it had some kind of offline mode. Even basic bot support would be good.

I would have bought it also, had it had bots.

Same here.

When I saw the "highest reviewed dinosaur game of all time" I laughed. What a qualifier! You mean you actually beat 'Tresspasser'?? Kudos for you!

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2012, 21:32.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 15:48 nin

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 15:30:
I'd be more interested in this game if it had some kind of offline mode. Even basic bot support would be good.

I would have bought it also, had it had bots.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 15:30 Elf Shot The Food

8. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 15:30 Trainwreck

It's a simple game, to be sure, but I'm having a blast playing it. It works great as an asymmetric shooter you can jump into, play around for half an hour, and jump out of again. And with the new DLC it's been getting, it's ony getting better. Maybe someday it won't be as rough around the edges.

But seriously, why complain at $15?

7. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 15:28 J

This caught my eye the other day so I did a little digging. Official reviews seem luke-warm, player reviews seem higher, but there's an air of silence around it which leaves me feeling suspicious. TotalBiscuit was saying wait until there are more playmodes as it's basically deathmatch at the moment.  

6. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 14:34 netnerd85

KTR wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 12:25:
This game is a commercial flop...
Says you? or...

5. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 12:25 KTR

This game is a commercial flop...  

4. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 11:58 Axis

Having played the beta, I can safely say this is one crappy game.

Installed shelf life of a month, eventually windows reports it as "barely used" a few months later which is decidedly uninstalled.

These guys obviously are using the same marketing technique of Shootmania developers ...

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 11:46 PHJF

Maybe it's the highest-rated game in which you PLAY as a dinosaur of all time? I'm not sure what kind of reviews E.V.O. had...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 11:39 Fantaz

These guys are a cocky bunch, aren't they? Here's Turok 2 with ~90% avg.

http://www.gamerankings.com/n64/199127-turok-2-seeds-of-evil/index.html

1. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 11:23 Alamar

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation/dino-crisis-2, or am I off on that being a 'dinosaur game'?

Was the first one I could think of, and I don't think I even played any of them...

-Alamar

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo