Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today

Focus Home Interactive announces they will release a DLC pack called Fatal Error later today via Steam as a free add-on for owners of Wargame: European Escalation, the recent real-time strategy game from Eugen Systems. Here are some screenshots from the pack, and here's word:

This new DLC, to the contrary of previous free DLCs of Wargame that were adding content to the multiplayer mode, focuses much more on solo play. It first adds new content in the form of a brand new fifth operation to Wargame's existing four, as well as a multi-touch gameplay conceived and tuned for owners of Ultrabookô with touchĻ display. Inspired by Intelģ!

The new solo campaign, Fatal Error, is a 5-mission long operation completely independent to Wargame's original campaign, and will provide you new, bigger challenges to face. Based on an original alternate history, the operation brings us back in 1979, a time when hopes for a peaceful settlement of the East/West tensions seemed close, until the Euromissiles crisis and the discovery of a Soviet combat brigade being deployed in Cuba. Within the depths of Mount Cheyenne, home to North America's most vital command center, a tragic mistake made by a mere maintenance technician will set the world on fire once againÖ

The DLC Fatal Error does not only bring new missions; it also makes your game compatible with your Ultrabookô with touchĻ display Inspired by Intelģ! Finely tuned with simplicity of use in mind, the multi-touch gameplay specifically crafted for Wargame will let you play comfortably installed in your couch, without the need for a mouse or a keyboard! Commanding your army has never been so accessible and intuitive.

Ļ The press release included a number that did not have a corresponding footnote, so we added this.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 16, 2012, 03:35 Dmitri_M

Darks wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 22:46:
Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:24:
You can't build FOBS after game start. The trick is to move decisively before you run out of ammo.

I usually place two FOBS.

I usually have two pairs of Chinooks that I use to rearm units in the field. Most of the micromanaging I do in the game is moving the chinooks back and forth making sure they are always just behind enemy lines. I never use trucks for rearming. Rearming with air units is so much easier, and faster.

Try playing the SP campaign or skirmish against the AI to speed up your leveling.

See, this is the problem I have with this game. Why can we even buy the damn things if you canít even build more or move the FOB forward? Itís stupid and lame at the same time. And the Trucks are worthless. The supplies run out entirely way to fast. If our military supply trucks ran out as fast as this shit does, we would have a serious problem with fighting wars. This game is not realistic in that regard. itís the lame ass developers making them run out fast to stall the pace of the game. Stupid!!

It's an intentional gameplay mechanic forcing you to act rather than turtling like you might do in a conventional RTS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 22:46 Darks

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:24:
You can't build FOBS after game start. The trick is to move decisively before you run out of ammo.

I usually have two pairs of Chinooks that I use to rearm units in the field. Most of the micromanaging I do in the game is moving the chinooks back and forth making sure they are always just behind enemy lines. I never use trucks for rearming. Rearming with air units is so much easier, and faster.

Try playing the SP campaign or skirmish against the AI to speed up your leveling.

See, this is the problem I have with this game. Why can we even buy the damn things if you canít even build more or move the FOB forward? Itís stupid and lame at the same time. And the Trucks are worthless. The supplies run out entirely way to fast. If our military supply trucks ran out as fast as this shit does, we would have a serious problem with fighting wars. This game is not realistic in that regard. itís the lame ass developers making them run out fast to stall the pace of the game. Stupid!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

5. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 16:39 McSterls

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:24 I never use trucks for rearming. Rearming with air units is so much easier, and faster. [/quote:

Trucks end up being sitting ducks for enemy units that sneak behind your line. Chinooks are way better.

4. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 16:24 Dmitri_M

3. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 13:38 Darks

McSterls wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 12:47:
Love this game, got distracted by some newer releases but I really have to go back. Who gives away DLC these days. Focus is the best!

McSterls,

Question, I like the game but I have some issues with this game. Especially playing MP with a friend against the AI.

The FOBs, you can buy more of them but how do you get them located to a new area after you capture an area? The issues I have is how badly units run out of supplies and the trucks needing to go back refill. Run all the way back up the area where ur units are. Itís a real pain in the ass. So how do you build more FOBS to lessen this?

Also, it seems like I canít even get leveled up. I hate using such crappy ass nato units that are about as worthless as ever. But getting leveled up is confusing to open new units.

Thanks,

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

2. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 12:47 McSterls

Love this game, got distracted by some newer releases but I really have to go back. Who gives away DLC these days. Focus is the best!  

1. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 10:38 SpectralMeat

These guys are freaking awesome with all the free DLC they've been cranking out for this game. That last screenshot looks bad ass by the way  

Steam: SpectralMeat

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo