Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch

An update on the Kickstarter for Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption has word on what it will take to fund this RPG from the Quest for Glory designers as it hits the homestretch (thanks nin and Dylan). There's also an interview on Just Adventure talk with Corey and Lori Cole about the project. Here's the deal on getting this project over the top:

Wow, what a day! With close to 300 new backers and almost $23,000 added to the till, this was our best day since Day 2 of the campaign. We now have 4,100 backers and need about $127,000 to reach our goal. Keep the energy going for just five more days, we'll be funded!

By my math, we have 5-1/2 days to go, so all we have to do is keep doubling the number of players and amount of pledges each day... $46K, $92K, $184K, $368K, $736K, and another $736K on the half-day... I guess I'd better post the $1 million and $2 million stretch goals! Check it out at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_and_chessboard_problem

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 16, 2012, 09:59 Mordecai Walfish

Bob wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 03:25:
QfG was my alltime favorite series.

Ditto. I hope they can at least hit their goal on this one..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 16, 2012, 03:25 Bob

Tumbler wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 10:42:
I hope these guys get funded but I can't get past the 2d overhead screenshot.

They mentioned that the reason for the 2d tile based game was because of funding. It would be much cheaper creating reusable tiles. Going the traditional background art route would have cost them in the millions instead of 400k.

I reall, really, hope it gets funded. QfG was my alltime favorite series.

7. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 18:56 nin

Silicon Avatar wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 18:52:
Sorry Roberta.

Wrong kickstarter.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 18:52 Silicon Avatar

I already spent my money on the 2 Guys from Andromeda and their Space Quest clone/remake. Sorry Roberta.  

5. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 13:47 saluk

How did they raise as much money they have with such a god awful fundraising video. They do not accurately convey what makes the game unique or why we should pledge, just say they are excited to be making it. I'm always excited when I sit down to make a game, but it usually turns out shit.  

4. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 13:28 Cutter

Good concept, poor execution - as far as the visuals go. Had they gone for something more realistic - and I mean isometric 2D Fallout, PST, et al. style art I would have been down like a clown for this. As it is? Pass. I do hope they make it however.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 11:17 Alamar

$130k short of their $400k goal and talking about 1 and 2 mil stretch goals... Maybe I'm missing the silly...

-Alamar

2. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 10:47 nin

Yeah, I've not pushed this one as much as I could have (I've sent in a few updates to Blue, but not all). Part of it is the art style, that I'm not overly wild about. I didn't like the top down, either, but when I think back, the sierra games were similar, (I believe) you just sometimes got smaller on the screen as you moved "north" (IE you were still on a flat 2d surface no matter where you moved, the camera was just positioned differently).

I really do hope it makes it, but it's (from what I've seen) not exactly what I was hoping for, either.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 10:42 Tumbler

I hope these guys get funded but I can't get past the 2d overhead screenshot. Although FTL was to the overhead so maybe ill regret this...  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo