Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Passes $3.5M

The Roberts Space Industries Website announces Star Citizen has surpassed $3.5 million in funding, saying this makes the upcoming space simulation the second most successful crowd-funded game to date. They offer details on the three major unlocks this threshold triggers, while ambitiously setting their sites on the remaining $700K they need to raise to take the crown for highest crowd-funding total for a game ever.

View
61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

21. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 02:24 Fion

I'll wait before giving any money. The game looks like it's gonna rock but the developer seems extremely ambitious and in my experience generally when ever I see a super ambitious project it ends up going in every direction but the center if you get what I'm saying. IE, they reach for so much they forget about the heart of the game and it gets lost in the flurry of cool features.

In the end I'm a bit more hyped for Starbound, but thankfully thats coming out around xmas last I heard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 02:22 Prez

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 00:56:
It's been discussed here to death, Prez -- he's already got $20 million or so from private investors, contingent upon crowdfunding proving there was interest.

I'm sorry - I didn't realize there was required reading before being allowed to ask a question.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 00:56 jacobvandy

It's been discussed here to death, Prez -- he's already got $20 million or so from private investors, contingent upon crowdfunding proving there was interest.  

18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 00:51 Prez

It looks really good to be sure. I just don't see how he's going to be able to make what he's pitching for $4 million. Didn't I read somewhere that he is still going to try to secure publisher funding on top of the kickstarter?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 00:48 Wildone

and a big F U C K Y O U to the industry that shunned this genre for over 10 years. cunts.  

16. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 23:17 Grendle

All I can say is that I'm going to buy this game. I watched some of the footage tonight and it actually gave me shivers down my spine. I know, sounds weird. This may be the game that I've been looking for since the turn of the century.  

15. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 22:55 Sepharo

Wow, I was not convinced until I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vhRQPhL1YU

Can't believe I watched that for an hour.

In-game at 24:00

14. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 22:37 Mr. Tact

Be careful what you wish for... I have a childhood friend who claims his first wife was a nympho (she left him for the front man of a rock band). Anyway, he says it surprised even him quickly he got tired of it. And he was no shrinking violet. He and I swapped stories of our conquests when we were both young and crazy. Even though I believe him, it's still hard to wrap my head around it.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 22:21 Prez

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:55:
Sugarman wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:50:
If it sucks just think of it as the night you wasted $50 buying some girl drinks and you didn't get any.

Most of us are married, buddy. Not getting any is par for the course.

Creston

What is this "any" of which you gentlemen keep speaking? Huh

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 21:55 ViRGE

Darks wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 21:34:
Bumpy wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:14:
Wow, this looks darn impressive. Please tell me its being strictly designed for PC only, with no multi-platform at all in their heads.

Strictly PC, he even said so in his video blog.
In fact it's just about the most anti-console statement you'll see from a developer this year.

11. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 21:34 Darks

Bumpy wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:14:
Wow, this looks darn impressive. Please tell me its being strictly designed for PC only, with no multi-platform at all in their heads.

Strictly PC, he even said so in his video blog.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2012, 20:46 Rigs

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:38:
New stretch goal!: 4.5 million

Reward: 40% more cowbell mounted on your first intergalactic cruiser!

It's yours, TAKE IT!!!

*throws quarters at screen*

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 20:38 Mordecai Walfish

New stretch goal!: 4.5 million

Reward: 40% more cowbell mounted on your first intergalactic cruiser!

8. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 20:37 PHJF

I contributed. What's 30-40 bucks, I can waste double that on a date or night out at the bar. If it sucks just think of it as the night you wasted $50 buying some girl drinks and you didn't get any.

Or you could, I don't know, not waste money?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 20:37 rist3903

Looks to be PC only atm, with the only cross platform being discussed as Mac and Linux ports from stretch goals apparently.

6. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 20:32 Cutter

Can hardly wait for the shitstorm to come related to this game. Too bad it's such a long wait.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 20:14 Bumpy

4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 19:55 Creston

Sugarman wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:50:
I contributed. What's 30-40 bucks, I can waste double that on a date or night out at the bar. If it sucks just think of it as the night you wasted $50 buying some girl drinks and you didn't get any.

Most of us are married, buddy. Not getting any is par for the course.

Creston

3. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 19:50 Sugarman

2. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 19:48 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:43:
To be honest, I've been thinking about giving. He's made enough money by now to actually be able to make this game, and probably at least somewhat as awesome as he's describing.

On the flipside, I can always buy it when it comes out.

Not trying to tell you what to do, of course, but the latter course seems the more sensible one. He's already got the funding at this point, so the game will come out. Once it's out, you can judge at that point if he's been able to pull off what he's promised. If so, buy the game. If not, you're not out anything.

61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo