Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Passes $3.5M

The Roberts Space Industries Website announces Star Citizen has surpassed $3.5 million in funding, saying this makes the upcoming space simulation the second most successful crowd-funded game to date. They offer details on the three major unlocks this threshold triggers, while ambitiously setting their sites on the remaining $700K they need to raise to take the crown for highest crowd-funding total for a game ever.

View
61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

41. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:04 Mr. Tact

That's a common thing in sci-fi these days. Interstellar carriers with huge landing bays, the atmosphere held in by force fields which amazingly can allow ships to pass through while keeping the atmosphere from escaping. *shrug* I'd be pretty happy if that was the worst thing I ever saw in a sci-fi movie or tv show.

Edit: Damn! Beaten to the punch.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:02 theyarecomingforyou

rist3903 wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 08:58:
If so that airlock is larger than several basketball fields big, and the lock is closing in the background while he is waving his fleshy arms about.
Most likely there's a force field maintaining pressure, ala Star Trek.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

39. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 08:58 rist3903

If so that airlock is larger than several basketball fields big, and the lock is closing in the background while he is waving his fleshy arms about.

Must be Vent All your Oxygen Into Space Tuesday.

I am not dissing it for entertainment value, I want them to get this right. Little stuff like that adds up.

38. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 08:43 theyarecomingforyou

rist3903 wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 08:30:
I got to about 1:17 in that and started to get a little worried. That guy waving in the incoming ship has exposed arms in a vacuum.
I'm pretty certain that's within the air lock.

37. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 08:39 Verno

Keep her in GF zone as long as you can. After that, god speed my friend  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

36. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 08:30 Mr. Tact

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 06:13:
Great, i'm getting married in 8 days, you guys are just doing wonders for my confidence lol...
Are you over 25? If so, great! Congratulations! If not, wait. Your life hasn't even started.

I have nothing against marriage per se, even if I know it's not for me. But I personally know a fair number of people who got married under 25 and later divorced and said, "I was too young to get married." Obviously it's not an icon clad rule. Some marry childhood sweethearts and live happy ever after. However, it seems to be a reasonable guideline from what I can tell...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

35. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 08:30 rist3903

Sepharo wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 22:55:
Wow, I was not convinced until I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vhRQPhL1YU

Can't believe I watched that for an hour.

In-game at 24:00
I got to about 1:17 in that and started to get a little worried. That guy waving in the incoming ship has exposed arms in a vacuum.

34. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 08:23 Creston

Great, i'm getting married in 8 days, you guys are just doing wonders for my confidence lol...

Oh, don't worry. It usually takes at least two weeks or so before she stops having sex with you. (in case you are genuinely worried: I'm joking.)

Congrats man!

Creston

33. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 08:21 Creston

Prez wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 00:51:
It looks really good to be sure. I just don't see how he's going to be able to make what he's pitching for $4 million. Didn't I read somewhere that he is still going to try to secure publisher funding on top of the kickstarter?

He has 10 million in private investor funds. He needed to secure 2 million in crowdsource funding to prove to this investor that there IS interest in a game like this. So with that included, he now has over 14 million bucks.

Obviously the investor will want to make his money back, but at least there's still no bloated, shit-for-brains publisher hanging over him and demanding that he put space ferrets in the game because Jeanie from Marketing, who sucks a mean cock, really likes ferrets.

Creston

32. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 08:18 Creston

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:38:
New stretch goal!: 4.5 million

Reward: 40% more cowbell mounted on your first intergalactic cruiser!

Do you take a check? I would KILL for a cruiser with more cowbell!

Creston

31. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 08:16 theyarecomingforyou

I am hugely looking forward to this game but I haven't contributed. Once it's released on Steam I'm happy to pick it up for full price.

It's really great news that there's a lot of interest in this genre, as a AAA game deserves to be made for it.

30. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 08:02 ItBurn

Prez wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 06:52:

Pay attention carefully to what she says during the vows at the wedding. I always thought my wife said "I do." Now I realize she said, "I'm done."

But seriously, congrats.

I think this applies

29. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 06:52 Prez

Pay attention carefully to what she says during the vows at the wedding. I always thought my wife said "I do." Now I realize she said, "I'm done."

But seriously, congrats.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 06:35 InBlack

Asmodai wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 06:09:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:55:
Sugarman wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:50:
I contributed. What's 30-40 bucks, I can waste double that on a date or night out at the bar. If it sucks just think of it as the night you wasted $50 buying some girl drinks and you didn't get any.

Most of us are married, buddy. Not getting any is par for the course.

Creston

Yeah, I'll plus 1 that... = \

Anyways either Chris is Jesus f'kin Christ or Satan of gaming, we'll see which. I'm not giving money without a product, but i'm crossing my fingers.

Well congratulations are in order then! Its not so much a matter of confidence though as it is of libido....

I have a nifty blue line!

27. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 06:13 dj LiTh

Asmodai wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 06:09:
I contributed. What's 30-40 bucks, I can waste double that on a date or night out at the bar. If it sucks just think of it as the night you wasted $50 buying some girl drinks and you didn't get any.

Creston

Anyways either Chris is Jesus f'kin Christ or Satan of gaming, we'll see which. I'm not giving money without a product, but i'm crossing my fingers.

26. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 06:09 Asmodai

Creston

25. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 03:48 Prez

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 03:14:
Prez wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 02:22:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 00:56:
It's been discussed here to death, Prez -- he's already got $20 million or so from private investors, contingent upon crowdfunding proving there was interest.

I'm sorry - I didn't realize there was required reading before being allowed to ask a question.

Welcome to the internet! At least I answered, rather than just give you a LMGTFY link. :p

Well I do appreciate the answer. I remember hearing it now but I couldn't remember it exactly before and I didn't feel like skimming through old threads to find it. Did he ever give any indication what the "private sources" might be? Maybe a publisher, some of his own capital, or maybe a billionaire space sim nut dying for an old-style Wing Commander game?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 03:43 InBlack

Wake me up in two years when this is about halfway finished. At that point Im guessing we will know whether Chris and Co. have pulled through for us.

Im still skeptical as hell though, the guy answers every question about the game with a "Yes we will have that ... feature"...

Sounds too damn good to be true.

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 03:14 jacobvandy

Prez wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 02:22:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 00:56:
It's been discussed here to death, Prez -- he's already got $20 million or so from private investors, contingent upon crowdfunding proving there was interest.

I'm sorry - I didn't realize there was required reading before being allowed to ask a question.

Welcome to the internet! At least I answered, rather than just give you a LMGTFY link. :p

22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 02:35 ChandlerL

Yah, I put in some cash to help out with the project. Getting access to the alpha/beta + community sounds fun-- had a good time with other developed games when I've had that sort of access through the years. It'll mark my first kick-in to a kickstarter - the nostalgia for Chris Robert's games along with others from Origin Systems was enough to make me ante up.

61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo