Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Passes $3.5M

The Roberts Space Industries Website announces Star Citizen has surpassed $3.5 million in funding, saying this makes the upcoming space simulation the second most successful crowd-funded game to date. They offer details on the three major unlocks this threshold triggers, while ambitiously setting their sites on the remaining $700K they need to raise to take the crown for highest crowd-funding total for a game ever.

View
61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

61. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 17:09 Mordecai Walfish

Okay.. I decided to back Star Citizen, after much debating.. the prospect of playing a game that lives up to wing commander is just too great! I can't wait to pilot these ships with the ol' joystick/supreme commander combo ^_^  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

60. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 15:35 Suppa7

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:18:
Thanks guys for the well wishes, and ya i'm 31 and she's 26.

I don't mean to be a downer but.. fortify your heart guy. Also have a backup plan, i.e. you should have a contingency plan if things go wrong, talk to a lawyer just so you know what you should know should you ever split. Better to be prepared then not.

This doesn't mean you love you girl any less, it's just that people don't always grow together over time and you can't control how people might change.

59. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 11:05 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 10:54:
Do you have amazon prime? It looks like it's free there, too.
No, I don't. We broached this subject in another topic, I believe the end result was a consensus opinion that Amazon's selection of "free" (being a member of amazon prime) streaming was worse than NF's selection.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

58. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 10:57 Quinn

My goodness... I'm actually looking forward to this game the most -- especially once I'm sated by Far Cry 3 and Hitman: Absolution!

Honestly, what else is there to look forward to after this month's above mentioned releases?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

57. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 10:54 nin

Do you have amazon prime? It looks like it's free there, too.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

56. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 10:45 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 10:03:
I should note that I'm using US NF streaming, as I hear Canada is sometimes more limited. (If you are in Canada I'd) Hate for you to resubscribe for streaming only to find it not there.
No, I'm US -- about 120 miles south of Chicago. But I still doubt NF streaming is worth it for me.

55. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 10:30 John

Verno wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 10:03:
Ever heard the expression "Never sell property that could be leased"? Fox does a similar thing with IP, they don't sell a lot of it compared to other studios. It usually has to be a real money pit for them to divest it.
Yeah but it sucks because that was one of the few tv shows I actually liked! Dang Fox..

This space is available for rent

54. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 10:13 theyarecomingforyou

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:31:
I'm right there with you, and I've read more of it than I have watched. Amazingly I haven't watched Firefly. Many have told me I should, but I never got around to it, and now I figure there is no way it can match the build up -- so my desire to watch it is lessened.
I'm embarrassed that I forgot to mention Firefly, which is easily one of my favourite sci-fi series. And the movie, Serenity was superb - easily better than the Star Wars prequels. Honestly, it's essential watching for anyone interested in sci-fi.

Prez wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:51:
I actually saw the movie "Serenity" first and thought it was fantastic. In retrospect I think if I had watched the show first I would not have been too fond of how they killed off Shepherd and Wash.
Same for me, actually. The production quality was excellent considering it had a fraction of the budget that the Star Wars prequels did.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

53. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 10:03 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:58:
nin wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:51:
I've not looked lately, but I think it used to be on NF streaming, too...
Well if they do, it would be one of the few things I had interest in which was actually available for streaming from them. That's why I'm on DVD service only with them.

I should note that I'm using US NF streaming, as I hear Canada is sometimes more limited. (If you are in Canada I'd) Hate for you to resubscribe for streaming only to find it not there.

52. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 10:03 Verno

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:34:
I've never been a fan of the idea of a space western, but found Firefly very enjoyable. And while I may be in the minority for suggesting it, skip the movie and pretend it didn't happen.

I thought the movie was alright for what it was. It was intended mainly for closure purposes and they had to make some concessions for marketing purposes (River blood dance bullshit). The TV show had a much slower pace and tone that fit better, the movie felt like they were trying to cram too much in.

I heard that later SyFy wanted to buy the rights to the show from Fox after the series was cancelled but for some reason they didn't want to and they never did anything else with it except for that movie

Ever heard the expression "Never sell property that could be leased"? Fox does a similar thing with IP, they don't sell a lot of it compared to other studios. It usually has to be a real money pit for them to divest it.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

51. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:59 John

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:47:
Hmmmm... You know, it occurs to me I could easily get the DVDs from Netflix. I remember there was an issue with either the airing of the shows or the DVDs being "out of order". What's the scoop on that?
I believe the DVDs are in correct order. It was Fox that decided to change the order of the series on tv because they thought it would get more people into the show by starting it with some later episodes.. but of course it didn't.

I heard that later SyFy wanted to buy the rights to the show from Fox after the series was cancelled but for some reason they didn't want to and they never did anything else with it except for that movie.
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:58:
Well if they do, it would be one of the few things I had interest in which was actually available for streaming from them. That's why I'm on DVD service only with them.
Me too.. but also cause I like getting the Bluray.

50. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:58 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:51:

49. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:51 Prez

I actually saw the movie "Serenity" first and thought it was fantastic. In retrospect I think if I had watched the show first I would not have been too fond of how they killed off Shepherd and Wash.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

48. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:51 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:47:
Hmmmm... You know, it occurs to me I could easily get the DVDs from Netflix. I remember there was an issue with either the airing of the shows or the DVDs being "out of order". What's the scoop on that?

47. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:47 Mr. Tact

46. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:41 John

I'm right there with you, and I've read more of it than I have watched. Amazingly I haven't watched Firefly. Many have told me I should, but I never got around to it, and now I figure there is no way it can match the build up -- so my desire to watch it is lessened.
I thought Firefly was great! I enjoyed it more than many other sci-fi shows I've seen. It had just the right amount of space cowboy with a little humor. I wish Fox had sold the rights to the show to SciFi (or SyFy?) so that they could have continued the series and probably would have done a much better job of it.
nin wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:34:
I've never been a fan of the idea of a space western, but found Firefly very enjoyable. And while I may be in the minority for suggesting it, skip the movie and pretend it didn't happen.
Yeah, I didn't like the movie as much as the series either but it wasn't bad..

45. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:34 nin

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:13:
I know that might sound a bit geeky but sci-fi is my favourite genre. I've watched every episode of Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, +11 films), BSG, Stargate (SG1, Atlantis, Universe, +movie, +TV movies), Farscape, Babylon 5, etc.

44. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:31 Mr. Tact

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:13:
I know that might sound a bit geeky but sci-fi is my favourite genre. I've watched every episode of Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, +11 films), BSG, Stargate (SG1, Atlantis, Universe, +movie, +TV movies), Farscape, Babylon 5, etc.

43. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:18 dj LiTh

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 08:30:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 06:13:
Great, i'm getting married in 8 days, you guys are just doing wonders for my confidence lol...
Are you over 25? If so, great! Congratulations! If not, wait. Your life hasn't even started.

I have nothing against marriage per se, even if I know it's not for me. But I personally know a fair number of people who got married under 25 and later divorced and said, "I was too young to get married." Obviously it's not an icon clad rule. Some marry childhood sweethearts and live happy ever after. However, it seems to be a reasonable guideline from what I can tell...

Thanks guys for the well wishes, and ya i'm 31 and she's 26.

42. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 15, 2012, 09:13 theyarecomingforyou

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 09:04:
That's a common thing in sci-fi these days. Interstellar carriers with huge landing bays, the atmosphere held in by force fields which amazingly can allow ships to pass through while keeping the atmosphere from escaping. *shrug* I'd be pretty happy if that was the worst thing I ever saw in a sci-fi movie or tv show.
To be fair it's actually quite plausible, as the ship can simply produce a negatively charged field that can allow it to pass through without venting the atmosphere.

I know that might sound a bit geeky but sci-fi is my favourite genre. I've watched every episode of Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, +11 films), BSG, Stargate (SG1, Atlantis, Universe, +movie, +TV movies), Farscape, Babylon 5, etc. That reminds me, I was gutted that the Babylon 5 space sim was cancelled all those years back - it was one of the best looking games for its time.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo