Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Next Call of Duty Tidbits?

Siliconera has purported details on the next installment in the Call of Duty series, saying their source for this information is the same one who provided reliable advance information on Sleeping Dogs back when it was True Crime: Hong Kong. There's nothing that spoilery or earth-shattering revealed, just plot points based on dialog recording for Ben Burke, a character in the game who is "a battle hardened veteran in his mid-thirties with a nihilistic point of view."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 15, 2012, 10:18 Ant

[shrugs] I stopped after Modern Warfare 1.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 15, 2012, 08:39 Bopper

Shocker! As long as this series sells they will keep making new versions that are rehashes of the old ones. This doesn't make them bad games nor does it make them bad value for money as many people will gladly fork over the money for them. I bought my copy for 45 for the PC and am happy with my purchase. Campaign was same-old crap but fun nonetheless but the multiplayer is so far pretty tight. A guilty pleasure.  
- Boppa

11. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 15, 2012, 08:26 Beamer

There was an article somewhere yesterday about how publishers are afraid we'll forget about their properties so they panic anc keep putting out sequels (I actually think it's less we'll forget and more that they know games kind of move in fads and trends, and they'd rather push as much out while the trend is hot, even if it shortens that trend, then miss out while another publisher puts a game in that space.)

The point of the article was that the author just gets burned out. He can't compete with how many games come out, so some get lost, and then when he's ready to get to GameX5 GameX6 is already out and he's behind the curve, as multiplayer opponents have moved on and, frankly, it can be hard to want to continue with something old when something new is out and hard to want to play something new when you missed a point in the series.

Can't say I disagree. Working sucks. I'm still hooked on BL2, having not even finished one go-through yet. I have Halo 4 (got it for $25 last week), which I'd like to play with the guy I've been playing BL2 with, and he was a big BLOPS fan (I haven't played any of the Treyarch CoDs) and, honestly, I put something like 9 days into MW3 multiplayer (it was actually a whole lot of fun.)
Too much out there. Can't keep up with it all. Plus I really want to play Dishonored and X-COM. Those will get picked up 50% off over the summer I think, but I'd rather play either of them than any of the other big games, but big multiplayer games are significantly more fun at launch...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 15, 2012, 05:44 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:10:
10 fucking games with the same fucking mechanics and people will still buy it and call it GOTY.
There will be always people around who have this opinion. The question is only how long are ENOUGH people around who have this opinion?

EA did good with yearly updates of their sports games for about 10-15 years, until the hype slowed down enough to fall back behind Activision. Sure, EA still makes good money with these sports games, but they sell no longer THIS strong to keep EA in number one position.

Expect from CoD roughly the same time frame.

9. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 15, 2012, 04:58 Ventura

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:36:
Plot points? It's virtually the same fucking game every year. $150 a year for the same game? Lol! Fools and their money.

If you can name something better that I should be playing instead, something that hasn't put all its eggs in that multiplayer basket, I'm all ears mate.

I haven't been enjoying the BO2 campaign as much as the MW campaigns, but once again you can throw bots into multiplayer games, and zombie mode has a whole campaign now too, it's not just survival on a map or two.

So yeah, once again, that cd's packed full of stuff to do. By all means though, don't let such trivialities stop you from hating on it.

8. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 15, 2012, 04:39 Suppa7

ASeven wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:10:
CoD10.

10 fucking games with the same fucking mechanics and people will still buy it and call it GOTY.

You know we did that kind of thing back in the day right? Doom, doom 2, Doom3, quake 1 +2 +3, Unreal tournament, UT2K3, UT2004. Now we had new mechanics introduced (slowly) over that time but it's not like we didn't do the same as kids.

What we're seeing here is generational change - the new kiddies first videogames are from the xbox1/Xbox360 generation, so they have no idea of all the games that came before it. So their frame of reference for what makes a good game is different from ours.

7. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 15, 2012, 02:18 Flatline

Somehow I doubt that they're using "nihilistic" in a proper sense.

A nihilist would either dig war, because it's a chance to destroy EVERYTHING, or reject war because it doesn't exist.

6. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 14, 2012, 20:57 MajorD

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:38:
Already? Dammit, we're not finished pointlessly arguing about Blops2 yet!

Grin....Don't get me started again Quboid!!! Wink

5. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 14, 2012, 20:36 Cutter

Plot points? It's virtually the same fucking game every year. $150 a year for the same game? Lol! Fools and their money.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 14, 2012, 20:10 ASeven

CoD10.

3. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 14, 2012, 19:38 Quboid

Already? Dammit, we're not finished pointlessly arguing about Blops2 yet!  

- Quboid

2. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 14, 2012, 19:28 Dr. D. Schreber

That should hardly be shocking, considering how the franchise is produced. Did anyone seriously think Insanity Ward wouldn't be working on the post-Black Ops 2 installment as soon as they were done with Modern Warfare 3?  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

1. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 14, 2012, 19:15 xXBatmanXx

Wow, they are already planning to steal your $150.00!!!  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo