Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Trailer

This trailer offers a preview of single-player play in Crysis 3, Crytek's upcoming first-person shooter sequel. Word is: "The unnatural power of the Nanodome has transformed the train yards of New York City into a grassland teeming with wild vegetation & opposing CELL artillery. Prophet and Psycho must venture through the heavily guarded Field to meet up with the rebel insurgency. Prophet's use of the Nanosuit and alien weapons will be critical to to [sic] get through the sandbox of the Fields level -- but how will you choose to play Crysis 3?" Thanks VG247.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 17:46 shihonage

Crysis 1 was an excellent breath of fresh air until I got to the Descent level.

Then I finally wrestled myself out of it, only to end up in the aforementioned winter level.

Then I quit.

All I ever wanted is a Crysis 1 where you are always in the outdoors.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 16:50 Ant

Caslon wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:44:
The bad? As a gaming experience I look back on, I really can't remember much worth remembering about Crysis. Most fps games I can at least conjure up some fond memories. Crysis is just a blur in my brains fps memory bank. No real fond memories at all. I try but can't bring up any...
Mine was in Far Cry 1. At least I had good memories.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

21. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 16:44 Caslon

Looking back on Crysis, at least it didn't have mid eastern war torn streets as a setting. It's getting pathetic that every shooter now is that way. It also was sandbox which was good.

The bad? As a gaming experience I look back on, I really can't remember much worth remembering about Crysis. Most fps games I can at least conjure up some fond memories. Crysis is just a blur in my brains fps memory bank. No real fond memories at all. I try but can't bring up any.

That pic looks a bit like Will Farrel, the comedian/actor.

20. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 16:30 Ant

2nd_floor wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:26:
Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 08:30:
But yeah, the first four levels of Crysis are fantastic. (I once gathered up every jeep and every exploding barrel in a level, stacked them all up, saved, then spent the next two hours just continuously blowing it up, just to see how far the jeep wreckages would fly. It was so awesome. Finally I stood on top of it myself and blew myself up. I bounced off the skybox then fell for approximately 2 minutes. I was laughing like a lunatic the whole 2 minutes.)

Hehe. This was the beauty of gaming. You could do these things, save when you wanted to. It was a sandbox! Damn checkpoint-only saves and games where they only want you to buy them, push through until the end, and have very little reply value... What happened to games?

I remember with Myth:TFL, it would make a video of each game you played, and you could go back and watch your last gameplay, and even save them, etc...

Today it is "buy the game, play the game and finish it, then move onto the next one and repeat". Gone are the days when games last 3+ years. DLC is released weeks after the game itself, even discussed before the game is released. Rush rush rush!!

We hardly get *PC* games anymore. Simply not the way it used to be. DRM with Steam, Origin, and no mods etc... is killing PC gaming also! It can be more pleasurable to read about a game in a magazine, the previews and reviews, rather than getting games installed, and playing how and when you want to! Frustrating!

Checkpoint-only saves are the big problem for me. I can't enjoy a game with them, just not the same! Somebody else is controlling my gameplay and telling me how to play the game.
Ditto. I miss these open, flexible, long games. You know, I am OK with short games as long as they are moddable, replayable, etc. Oh well, I am old. Get off my lawn.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

19. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 16:26 2nd_floor

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 08:30:
But yeah, the first four levels of Crysis are fantastic. (I once gathered up every jeep and every exploding barrel in a level, stacked them all up, saved, then spent the next two hours just continuously blowing it up, just to see how far the jeep wreckages would fly. It was so awesome. Finally I stood on top of it myself and blew myself up. I bounced off the skybox then fell for approximately 2 minutes. I was laughing like a lunatic the whole 2 minutes.)

Hehe. This was the beauty of gaming. You could do these things, save when you wanted to. It was a sandbox! Damn checkpoint-only saves and games where they only want you to buy them, push through until the end, and have very little reply value... What happened to games?

I remember with Myth:TFL, it would make a video of each game you played, and you could go back and watch your last gameplay, and even save them, etc...

Today it is "buy the game, play the game and finish it, then move onto the next one and repeat". Gone are the days when games last 3+ years. DLC is released weeks after the game itself, even discussed before the game is released. Rush rush rush!!

We hardly get *PC* games anymore, where you can play with, fiddle around with them, whatever you want to do. Simply not the way it used to be. DRM with Steam, Origin, and no mods allowed etc... is killing PC gaming! It can be more pleasurable to read about a game in a magazine, the previews and reviews, rather than getting games installed, and playing how and when you want to! Frustrating!

Checkpoint-only saves are the big problem for me. I can't enjoy a game with them, just not the same! Somebody else is controlling my gameplay and telling me how to play the game.

What is new and exciting with this trailer? The guy talking about it who works for Crytek doesn't even sound excited! Looks like more of Crysis 2 rather than Crysis 1 unfortunately. Vehicles, real freedom? Maybe too hard to tell, not enough known yet.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2012, 16:34.

18. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 13:25 DG

I got bored of Crysis 1 though made it quite a ways in and it was okay in parts.

I don't think I got through the first level of Crysis 2 before deciding I was bored and not in the mood for the game. Haven't found the mood to have another go. That's not exactly a fair assessment of the game, but sometimes I just start something, immediately think "oh not this crap again, I have better things to be doing".

I do not have any reason to expect things will get a lot better for 3.

17. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 10:16 Ant

I still need to resume and finish Crysis 1! I think I am on the island's forest with the big river.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2012, 13:58.

16. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 08:54 Verno

Looks like...Crysis 2 which I thought was just ok. Graphically I'm always amazed but I've never gotten the gameplay itch from Crysis games and the stories are always nonsensical dreck.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

15. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 08:30 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 21:36:
Well, maybe the first 2/3 of Crysis were good. That alien stuff was worse than the monkey zombies in Farcry.

My most hated part about Crysis was where you meet up again with Prophet and you have to protect him, in the freezing cold, from these tentacled flying things, who just keep going straight the fuck at him and will literally kill him in 2 fucking seconds. And there's like 14 of them.

I think that may genuinely be my most hated section in any shooter ever created.

It still baffles me that despite the large majority of fans continously saying that they HATE the fucking alien/trigen/whatever sections, Crytek keep putting them the fuck in. WHY???

Anyway, I actually really enjoyed Crysis 2, I thought it was a very, very good shooter, so I will undoubtedly get this. It just depends on when it's released whether I'll pay full price for it or not. An attitude which just tagged me as a pirate in Cevat's mind.

Creston

14. Re: finally.... Nov 15, 2012, 03:59 theyarecomingforyou

MuzixMon wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 22:59:
Crysis 1 is the best by far, with Warhead being a close second. I loved those games but I was completely disappointed in Crysis 2. It didn't even feel like a PC game or resemble the first game AT ALL.
I disagree. I thought the original Crysis was pretty weak. It was a step back from Far Cry and the suit was overly convoluted and fiddly. Warhead really focused the narrative and improved the visuals and level design, making it much more compelling. Crysis 2 did some things right - like simplifying the suit, improving the graphics, better narrative, better aliens - but lost a bit of the flexibility. I still think that Crysis 2 was better overall than the original.

As for Psycho, yeah he sounds different and he looks completely different as well. He was one of my least favourite characters.

Going by the trailer, the graphics look excellent and a definite step up from the previous game - that's despite the X360 and PS3 still being no more powerful. I played the Crysis 3 multiplayer alpha the other week and the game played pretty well for such an early stage, though multiplayer has never been a strength of the series. I just hope that it is actually released on Steam, especially after all the mess with Crysis 2 being pulled and then re-released.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

13. Re: finally.... Nov 15, 2012, 03:40 Dmitri_M

Generic Game Tech Demo demo'ing generic game tech  

12. Re: finally.... Nov 15, 2012, 02:18 Fantaz

Shataan wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 22:40:
Finally a game dev team is gonna actually deliver a Next Gen visuals experience. I am so tired of seeing reused engine visuals game after game after game.

As for the gameplay in the vid, I myself would play it alot more stealthy, but its a vid to show the Alpha. So I could care less how THEY play it.

Graphics looks pretty good, with nice effects, but it's being wasted by the generic gameplay. It's pretty impressive for an Alpha and already does look better than Frostbite 2 engine. Is the environment also destructible?

11. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 02:14 The Half Elf

Ugh I hate when they change voice actors, at least this guy isn't as bad as Scooter in Borderlands 2.

Granted I've never finished Crysis 2, but where is Psycho's Suit?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 23:27 Jackplug

Yawn...  

9. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 23:20 siapnar

MajorD wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 21:32:
If that was supposed to be Psycho’s voice, it is obviously a different voice actor, as he sounds very different, especially with the heavier accent.
He also looks totally different in that screencap for the video above.

Warhead was awesome, though some set pieces in Crysis 1 take the cake for the coolest of the series.

I have projectile dysfunction.

8. Re: finally.... Nov 14, 2012, 22:59 MuzixMon

Crysis 1 is the best by far, with Warhead being a close second. I loved those games but I was completely disappointed in Crysis 2. It didn't even feel like a PC game or resemble the first game AT ALL. They changed the suit, everything seemed so much more linear and the graphics were much better on the first Crysis. You could tell that C2 was made completely for the consoles and the PC version was thrown in there just because. Ah well, so much for that franchise.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

7. finally.... Nov 14, 2012, 22:40 Shataan

Finally a game dev team is gonna actually deliver a Next Gen visuals experience. I am so tired of seeing reused engine visuals game after game after game.

As for the gameplay in the vid, I myself would play it alot more stealthy, but its a vid to show the Alpha. So I could care less how THEY play it.

6. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 22:16 2nd_floor

Checkpoint (only?) saves, yuck.  

5. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 21:45 MajorD

DangerDog wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 21:36:
Well, maybe the first 2/3 of Crysis were good. That alien stuff was worse than the monkey zombies in Farcry.

Yeah, that part was a bit disjointed, but after that it was good again. They could have completely left that out and nobody would have noticed. Artistic license I guess.....

4. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 21:36 DangerDog

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo