Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie

Splinter Cell movie has a star, as Variety reports that Tom Hardy has signed on to play Sam Fisher, the stealthy bane of many terrorists' existence. The project also has a writer, Eric Warren Singer ("The International"), but neither a studio nor director yet.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie Nov 15, 2012, 09:00 PHJF

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 01:02:
Worst problem is that the voice IS Ironside. Finally watched Terminator Salvation on cable and it's almost painful to see his acting career cause I know him as Sam Fisher.

He'll always be Jester to me!

And anyways, nothing will ever top Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne as the worst casting decision in the history of creation.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie Nov 15, 2012, 05:31 Fibrocyte

I think Tom Hardy can pull it off. The once-addicted-to-cocaine actor has surprised me a few times now.

IMO, he'll need to slim up a bit. Or they could just use his doppelganger: Logan Marshall-Green.

Also, I like how Blue made a Bane reference.

7. Re: Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie Nov 15, 2012, 05:26 Fibrocyte

NetHead wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:24:
Ever since the first Splinter Cell I thought George Clooney would be the obvious choice to play Sam Fisher in a movie, and if not Clooney then at least the voice actor for Sam Fisher, Michael Ironside.

Did you ever see George Clooney as Batman? He couldn't pull that off so why would you think he could do Fisher?

6. Re: Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie Nov 15, 2012, 05:25 Fibrocyte

netnerd85 wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 01:56:
Ever since the first Splinter Cell I thought George Clooney would be the obvious choice to play Sam Fisher in a movie, and if not Clooney then at least the voice actor for Sam Fisher, Michael Ironside.
I'm guessing you are an older lady? No man would ever like George Clooney... in or as anything... ever.

Speak for yourself. He's not the best but he's far from the worst.

EDIT: Oh, and I primarily make this comment because of From Dusk Till Dawn.

5. Re: Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie Nov 15, 2012, 01:56 netnerd85

I'm guessing you are an older lady? No man would ever like George Clooney... in or as anything... ever.

4. Re: Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie Nov 15, 2012, 01:02 The Half Elf

Worst problem is that the voice IS Ironside. Finally watched Terminator Salvation on cable and it's almost painful to see his acting career cause I know him as Sam Fisher.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie Nov 14, 2012, 23:24 Jerykk

When Splinter Cell: Conviction is ashes, you have my permission to care.  

2. Re: Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie Nov 14, 2012, 20:37 Cutter

Everyone likes Hardy but yeah he's not the right choice for this.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Hardy to Star in Splinter Cell Movie Nov 14, 2012, 20:24 NetHead

Then again Splinter Cell is nothing like it used to be, last good one was Chaos Theory, after that it turned into garbage. Hell the new one "Blacklist" doesn't even seem have Michael Ironside as the voice actor anymore, the new one is 30 years younger.

I guess that falls in line with it the blow shit up and smash things game it's become rather than something unique that stands out from the lowest denominator drivel so many formerly good franchises are being turned into.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo