Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2012, 13:30 BobBob

Just buy the kid a laptop.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2012, 11:14 NegaDeath

I have a box of Nintendo Powers stowed away somewhere, issues 1 and up to somewhere in the N64 era. Always looked forward to the week those arrived. My favourite ones were the issues with the first previews of new console generations, all the fancy visuals blew my damn mind as a kid. I should probably throw them out, but nostalgia? Maybe they'll be worth something, someday....probably not.

Anyone else hang up those fold-out posters on their walls as a kid? I'm not ashamed to admit it, I was a nerd.

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2012, 10:25 mch

Still remember the special Secret of Mana series Nintendo Power had for a few issues. God was that beautiful. RIP  
PSN: CaseDesignate

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2012, 09:27 Verno

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 08:43:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 00:44:
They should scan all their old issues and put them online.

There was a url floating around awhile back that had a number of back issues (unofficial, of course).

Here we go.

Holy nostalgia trip, I remember so many of those. Fuck I'm old

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2012, 08:43 nin

Silicon Avatar wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 00:44:

There was a url floating around awhile back that had a number of back issues (unofficial, of course).

Here we go.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2012, 00:44 Silicon Avatar

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 14, 2012, 23:43 Agent.X7

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:35:
RIP Nintendo Power!

This was the first gaming magazine I had a subscription to, and was a publication I would read from cover to cover every month when I was younger. My early addiction to NP was in no doubt formative to my current-day addiction to Bluesnews. The only other gaming magazines I can recall being as excited in receiving as NP were Sierra's magazine, Interaction, and Electronic Gaming Monthly.

The era of gaming mags is officially over at the end of this year, as far as I'm concerned. Every gaming mag I see nowadays seems outright bought and paid for by publishers, which is funny because two of my favorites were directly from large publishers. I was flipping through an old Game Informer at a buddy's place not too long ago and saw the review for RAGE. 9/10. 'nuff said.

Shocking, since Game Informer is owned by Gamestop.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 14, 2012, 20:40 nin

Yeah, even though I'd not read it in at least 20 years, it's still sad to see it ending. Lot of fond memories as a kid.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 14, 2012, 20:35 Mordecai Walfish

RIP Nintendo Power!

This was the first gaming magazine I had a subscription to, and was a publication I would read from cover to cover every month when I was younger. My early addiction to NP was in no doubt formative to my current-day addiction to Bluesnews. The only other gaming magazines I can recall being as excited in receiving as NP were Sierra's magazine, Interaction, and Electronic Gaming Monthly.

The era of gaming mags is officially over at the end of this year, as far as I'm concerned. Every gaming mag I see nowadays seems outright bought and paid for by publishers, which is funny because two of my favorites were directly from large publishers. I was flipping through an old Game Informer at a buddy's place not too long ago and saw the review for RAGE. 9/10. 'nuff said.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo