Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Rockstar Games now offers the promised second trailer from Grand Theft Auto V, an NSFW look at the game's take on urban renewal, friendly strangers offering directions, borrowing a buddy's car, domestic bliss, youthful hijinks, modern slang, puppies, skydiving, and more.

View
124 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

84. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:41 KTR

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 18:30:
TurdFergasun wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 18:15:
but are those comparisons from in-game gta4 vs cutscene gta5? i'm willing to be they are in most of those images. i highly doubt the ps3 could render those images in-game with most likely the exact same engine.

According to the comments I've read the images are taken from a Game Informer preview of an early PS3 demo copy and touched up a little as the demo didn't have any AA applied at this stage of development.

R* rep said entire trailer is recorded in-game.

Also, Dan Houser said "All the best games for a console come out at the end of the life cycle."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

83. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:30 NegaDeath

TurdFergasun wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 18:15:
but are those comparisons from in-game gta4 vs cutscene gta5? i'm willing to be they are in most of those images. i highly doubt the ps3 could render those images in-game with most likely the exact same engine.

According to the comments I've read the images are taken from a Game Informer preview of an early PS3 demo copy and touched up a little as the demo didn't have any AA applied at this stage of development.

82. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:24 jacobvandy

Not sure if you've ever played a Rockstar game... But they do all their cutscenes in-game. Didn't you see all the jaggies in that trailer?  

81. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:15 TurdFergasun

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:54:
Screenshot comparison between IV(PC) and V here.

Personally I think V looks better. The lighting looks more natural, less "gamey". Character models are better too.

80. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:11 Kosumo

touché Kiss  

79. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:00 Dades

Kosumo wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 16:02:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 12:02:
And the lack of a PC version puts this firmly in the "don't give a shit" category.

Says the guy who then post 6 more times in the thread.

Now I bet you someone who "don't give a shit" truly about something is anyone reading you trolling form Rockstar.

Go on, be a man and hold your word, don't read or post anymore in GTAV stuff if you really don't give a shit.

You on the other hand seem to have an unhealthy level of interest in how much he chooses to care or not.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

78. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 17:54 NegaDeath

Screenshot comparison between IV(PC) and V here.

Personally I think V looks better. The lighting looks more natural, less "gamey". Character models are better too.

77. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 17:44 Yosemite Sam

Only thing that really pissed me off with the driving in GTA4 was the idiot AI making left turns from the right lane or conversely right turns from the left lane... guess they were going for realism

PS 18 wheelers are back, sweet.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

76. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 16:42 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:04:

Well there have been at least six extinction level events that we know of. And we know it'll happen again one day. I expect things to start getting a little harrier around the globe over the next several weeks. I'm stocking up some good wines atm. If it is the end I'm going to go out drunk as hell on the finest wines available to humanity!

Agreed. One thing I always look forward to on the proposed "doomsdays" is enjoying a good party or two =)

Cheers to the end, baby! If our Alien overlords don't save us somehow, maybe they'll at least stop being so creepy and have a drink with us, finally.

75. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 16:38 theyarecomingforyou

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 16:00:
Ok I'm throwing out the BULLSHIT flag right now.

Mafia 2 was a better game?!?
Open World devoid of anything to do in it except rob stores, fetch cars and buy clothes. It was a waste of a perfectly good city.
Every time you went to bed you were woken up by the phone and a mission. WAY to linear.
That's why I said it was "very linear"; I never stated they were the same sort of game. I much prefer a strong narrative and Mafia II really delivered on that. GTAIV had the better open world gameplay and the environments were more varied but other issues bogged it down.

I'm more interested in Mafia III at the moment, especially as it will be a next-gen title. It's unlikely to be fully open world but that's fine by me if the gameplay is strong. Mafia II played like a proper PC title; GTAIV didn't.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

74. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 16:29 nin

siapnar wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 16:04:
nin wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:14:
I felt that also. But I will miss Liberty City.
I found it a little bland. Not enough diversity.
GTA V looks to blow that away with the location and sheer area size to play in. It's a far more varied and interesting setting this time around.

Yeah, it looks like a much more varied environment. And plenty of space to try out all those planes.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

73. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 16:08 Quboid

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 16:00:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:37:
The driving in Mafia II wasn't quite right but it was a lot better than GTAIV. In fact it was a much better game overall, although it was very linear in comparison. The graphics in Mafia II were excellent and if the city was as large as GTAIV and there was as much to do then that would be great in my book.

I haven't played much of SR3 but so far it seems pretty decent. I think the humour is a bit too much on the slapstic side but it's really enjoyable.

The driving in GTAIV was fun but it certainly wasn't realistic - all the cars drove like jelly the way they wobbled about. They couldn't get away with using the same vehicle physics for GTAV.

Open World devoid of anything to do in it except rob stores, fetch cars and buy clothes. It was a waste of a perfectly good city.
Every time you went to bed you were woken up by the phone and a mission. WAY to linear.
Now I will say that Mafia 2 did have a better ending (I was actually pissed off about not saving Joe), but Mafia 2's story was puddle deep and a crack wide in comparison to GTA4's.
Multiplayer Cops and Robber was amazing in GTA4 and having a guy bail out of a firetruck, as it flew over our boat, and he bounced off the hull and into the water before the police got to us it still my favorite multiplayer experience ever.
The cars in Mafia 2 were nice, but suffered from a less refined physic's system then GTA4.

It's a matter of opinion. I think Mafia 2 was much, much better because I found GTA4's driving rendered it unplayable - meaning the story, the world, the multiplayer all moot. In my opinion.

- Quboid

72. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 16:04 siapnar

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:14:
I felt that also. But I will miss Liberty City.
I found it a little bland. Not enough diversity.
GTA V looks to blow that away with the location and sheer area size to play in. It's a far more varied and interesting setting this time around.

I have projectile dysfunction.

71. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 16:02 Kosumo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 12:02:
And the lack of a PC version puts this firmly in the "don't give a shit" category.

Says the guy who then post 6 more times in the thread.

Now I bet you someone who "don't give a shit" truly about something is anyone reading you trolling form Rockstar.

Go on, be a man and hold your word, don't read or post anymore in GTAV stuff if you really don't give a shit.

70. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 16:00 The Half Elf

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:37:
The driving in Mafia II wasn't quite right but it was a lot better than GTAIV. In fact it was a much better game overall, although it was very linear in comparison. The graphics in Mafia II were excellent and if the city was as large as GTAIV and there was as much to do then that would be great in my book.

I haven't played much of SR3 but so far it seems pretty decent. I think the humour is a bit too much on the slapstic side but it's really enjoyable.

The driving in GTAIV was fun but it certainly wasn't realistic - all the cars drove like jelly the way they wobbled about. They couldn't get away with using the same vehicle physics for GTAV.

Now I will say that Mafia 2 did have a better ending (I was actually pissed off about not saving Joe), but Mafia 2's story was puddle deep and a crack wide in comparison to GTA4's.
Multiplayer Cops and Robber was amazing in GTA4 and having a guy bail out of a firetruck, as it flew over our boat, and he bounced off the hull and into the water before the police got to us it still my favorite multiplayer experience ever.
The cars in Mafia 2 were nice, but suffered from a less refined physic's system then GTA4.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

69. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 15:56 wtf_man

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 13:56:
Also, to everybody complaining about the graphics... This is a console trailer. Duh. Rolleyes

...And I get accused of being a graphics whore because I think minecraft is too fugly to play. Rolleyes

I'm a PC gamer and the GTAV trailer graphics look fine to me.

/shrug

68. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 15:37 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

67. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 15:37 Quboid

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:27:
But in GTA driving I get to pull out a gun, kill idiot drivers and potentially take better vehicles then the one I drive in real life.

You can do that in real life, but typically only once every few decades.

- Quboid

66. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 15:30 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:27:
Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:18:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 14:40:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 14:21:
I completely disagree with people saying that GTA 4 has poor gameplay or game mechanics or car handling or bad execution. I thought it was the best in the series so far. Probably in every single category.

The one that always baffles me is the cries of bad car handling. GTA4 was the first game that actually made you feel like you were driving a car with real WEIGHT, rather than a rotateable point that floated along. A power slide is actually tricky to pull off successfully in GTA4, as it should be (especially coming out of one. It's extremely easy to oversteer and completely bleed away all your momentum. This is accurately portrayed in GTA4.)

I guess everyone wants the arcade horseshit driving that is in SR3?

My worry is that Rockstar sees all those complaints and decides to go back to shitty no-realism driving mechanics... :\

Creston

GTA3 driving is more enjoyable, yet less realistic.
Mafia driving is more enjoyable, and similarly realistic.
Forza driving is more enjoyable, and more realistic.
Real driving is more enjoyable, and entirely realistic.

It may be more realistic and that's a good thing* but either it's in a place that IMHO is the worst of both worlds, or the problem isn't to do with how realistic it is. I can't put my finger on what exactly bugs me about it, driving through treacle is the best metaphor I can think of.

* It's not the be-all-and-end-all, it's not like the rest of GTA is about realism but still a good thing.

But in GTA driving I get to pull out a gun, kill idiot drivers and potentially take better vehicles then the one I drive in real life.

Forget the gun! Just drive on the sidewalk!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

65. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 15:27 The Half Elf

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:18:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 14:40:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 14:21:
I completely disagree with people saying that GTA 4 has poor gameplay or game mechanics or car handling or bad execution. I thought it was the best in the series so far. Probably in every single category.

The one that always baffles me is the cries of bad car handling. GTA4 was the first game that actually made you feel like you were driving a car with real WEIGHT, rather than a rotateable point that floated along. A power slide is actually tricky to pull off successfully in GTA4, as it should be (especially coming out of one. It's extremely easy to oversteer and completely bleed away all your momentum. This is accurately portrayed in GTA4.)

I guess everyone wants the arcade horseshit driving that is in SR3?

My worry is that Rockstar sees all those complaints and decides to go back to shitty no-realism driving mechanics... :\

Creston

GTA3 driving is more enjoyable, yet less realistic.
Mafia driving is more enjoyable, and similarly realistic.
Forza driving is more enjoyable, and more realistic.
Real driving is more enjoyable, and entirely realistic.

It may be more realistic and that's a good thing* but either it's in a place that IMHO is the worst of both worlds, or the problem isn't to do with how realistic it is. I can't put my finger on what exactly bugs me about it, driving through treacle is the best metaphor I can think of.

* It's not the be-all-and-end-all, it's not like the rest of GTA is about realism but still a good thing.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

124 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo