Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Rockstar Games now offers the promised second trailer from Grand Theft Auto V, an NSFW look at the game's take on urban renewal, friendly strangers offering directions, borrowing a buddy's car, domestic bliss, youthful hijinks, modern slang, puppies, skydiving, and more.

View
124 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

104. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 22:14 RailWizard

No PC, No care.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

103. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 22:08 Orogogus

Bhruic wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 21:42:
Orogogus wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 21:28:
Bhruic wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:43:
You very likely can find stats that'll demonstrate that GTAIV sold 15 times as many units on XBox/PS3 as the PC. But what those stats also reflect is the 8 month wait time. You can check out games that have simultaneous releases and find that even when the PC comes in 3rd (and it sometimes doesn't), it's usually a close 3rd. There's no reason to suspect that the PC couldn't do equally well with the GTA franchise were it to have a simultaneous release.

I can't think of when that's been the case. 15 times would be an exaggeration, but I want to say it's usually about a 55%/25%/20% split between 360/PS3/PC.

Are you sure this was aimed at me? Because you start off with saying you can't think of when that's been the case, and then list a bunch of examples where what I said is the case.

Well, it's a close 3rd with the understanding that there's a large gap between 1st and 2nd.

Those generally don't include PC digital downloads (so everyone's going to immediately say "meaningless"), but it might at least be a bad idea to write off the 80% of retail sales represented by the 2 consoles if you're going to make a hugely expensive game.

Not to mention the above making no sense at all. No one has suggested they release is on PC and don't release it on XBox/PS3. Just that they release on all 3 at the same time.

Sempai, who Madguy was responding to, implied that they shouldn't release it on consoles ("...instead you put it on 7yr old hardware that looks like shit."), which led to the sales comparisons.

102. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 21:42 Bhruic

Orogogus wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 21:28:
You very likely can find stats that'll demonstrate that GTAIV sold 15 times as many units on XBox/PS3 as the PC. But what those stats also reflect is the 8 month wait time. You can check out games that have simultaneous releases and find that even when the PC comes in 3rd (and it sometimes doesn't), it's usually a close 3rd. There's no reason to suspect that the PC couldn't do equally well with the GTA franchise were it to have a simultaneous release.

I can't think of when that's been the case. 15 times would be an exaggeration, but I want to say it's usually about a 55%/25%/20% split between 360/PS3/PC.

Are you sure this was aimed at me? Because you start off with saying you can't think of when that's been the case, and then list a bunch of examples where what I said is the case.

Those generally don't include PC digital downloads (so everyone's going to immediately say "meaningless"), but it might at least be a bad idea to write off the 80% of retail sales represented by the 2 consoles if you're going to make a hugely expensive game.

Not to mention the above making no sense at all. No one has suggested they release is on PC and don't release it on XBox/PS3. Just that they release on all 3 at the same time.

101. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 21:28 Orogogus

Madguy wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:04:
This is probably going to be one of the most expensive games ever made, if not THE most expensive. Since they'll likely sell 15 times as many units on the Xbox/PS3 as they would the PC, those consoles need to be their target platform. That's where the resources need to go.

Crysis 2

Dragon Age 2

Duke Nukem Forever

Activision-Blizzard does describe their relative revenue in their 2011 annual report, which put WoW at $1.4B, 360 at $1.1B, PS3 at $900M, and non-WoW PC at $374M:

Link - p.14

100. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 21:17 Mordecai Walfish

Okay, after trying it out I'm gonna have to give GTA4 another play-through with the realistic handling mod. It's a nice change from the default, but still not too arcadey.. seems very nice so far!  

99. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 21:16 jacobvandy

Sorry, but "VGChartz" doesn't have Steam data. Or any other DD data, probably. You cannot seriously be trying to draw conclusions about PC sales from that rubbish? Don't know how many times this needs to be stated, but traditional retail sales data is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS in the digital age.  

98. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 20:52 Quboid

According to VGChartz.com, CoD:MW3 sold 14.6M on Xbox, 12.5M on PS and 1.5M on PC and that was a simultaneous launch IIRC, that's about 1/8 of the average for consoles - and I think making a PC version is a bigger project than a PS3 version of an Xbox 360 title. Borderlands 2 for the PC has sold 1/4 of the console average, FIFA 12 is 1/15.  

- Quboid

97. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 20:43 Bhruic

Madguy wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:04:
This is probably going to be one of the most expensive games ever made, if not THE most expensive. Since they'll likely sell 15 times as many units on the Xbox/PS3 as they would the PC, those consoles need to be their target platform. That's where the resources need to go.

96. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 20:04 Madguy

Sempai wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:33:
The models look like they belong on a playstation 2.
Congratulations Rockstar for not supporting a platform that would compliment your game, instead you put it on 7yr old hardware that looks like shit.

I'm sure after you've reaped your sales by trying to force customers to buy it on xbox, you'll then double dip by pushing it out the door onto the PC crowd a year later.

Dickbags.

95. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 19:51 Quboid

Sempai wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:33:
Congratulations Rockstar for not supporting a platform that would compliment your game, instead you put it on 7yr old hardware that looks like shit.

I'm sure after you've reaped your sales by trying to force customers to buy it on xbox, you'll then double dip by pushing it out the door onto the PC crowd a year later.

Dickbags.

If it looks like it's from a PS2, what has the 7 year old hardware got to do with it? They've obviously targeted 12 year old hardware, unless you happen to be talking nonsense. But obviously you are, since you used the phrase "force customers to buy it". I've never been forced to buy any game. Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones; perhaps I don't appreciate how good I have it living in a country where freedom is a right, but all my game purchases have been done with free will.

- Quboid

94. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 19:33 Sempai

Dickbags.

93. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 19:23 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:16:
nin wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:05:
At times I can't even tell who the main character is. Do we play multiple characters?

Those 3 at the end, around the chopper. And you can switch from one to the other at almost any time. Some missions may let you start with one char, and then switch to another, if you like.

Cool. Hope that allows for multiple branches.

I can't remember where I read it but (huge spoiler): One article claimed that one of the 3 would end up being the bad guy. How accurate that is remains to be seen.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

92. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 19:16 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:05:
At times I can't even tell who the main character is. Do we play multiple characters?

Those 3 at the end, around the chopper. And you can switch from one to the other at almost any time. Some missions may let you start with one char, and then switch to another, if you like.

Cool. Hope that allows for multiple branches.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

91. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 19:05 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

90. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 19:05 xXBatmanXx

Thanks for the link to the mod for 4, going to put it in and restart.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

89. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:53 xXBatmanXx

siapnar wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 13:15:
Watched it again for the 6th time.

Awesome fuckin trailer

Yup. People wan't to gloss over it, but there is so much packed in there. I can't wait for a breakdown video from someone. At times I can't even tell who the main character is. Do we play multiple characters?

88. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:52 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 12:32:
If you don't know what you're getting with GTA at this point then you've clearly never played the other games. Shit, this series was the only reason I got an 360 in the first place. So yeah, I'm down like a clown Charlie Brown. I'm going to play the shit of this and enjoy the shit out of it.

"So we're boucing now?' Haha!

Same. I bought a 360 1 month before GTA4 since the PC wasn't getting it until later. Then I bought the sweet as special edition with the lock box.

87. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:50 xXBatmanXx

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 12:02:
Just as I feared, the graphics look terrible. They really should have waited for the next-gen consoles, as they could have still released X360/PS3 versions with shitty graphics. The trailer doesn't give us any idea of what the gameplay is like, which is a concern after GTAIV. And the lack of a PC version puts this firmly in the "don't give a shit" category.

Eh, GTA isn't about graphics, never has been. It is all about a great story, great voice acting, one liners, over the top characters, and fun ass gameplay.

I see all of that here.

86. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:49 xXBatmanXx

Bounce......were're bouncing now?

Sweet. I can't wait.

85. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 18:41 Leper

Hopefully for the PC port, they will beef up the graphics somewhat!  

124 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo