Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Origin Accounts Hijacked?

Eurogamer reports that account holders on EA's Origin service are receiving emails confirming they have successfully changed passwords and/or email accounts, in spite have not making any such request. They say this has affected one of their own, Digital Foundry's Richard Leadbetter, and point to a thread on NeoGAF with similar stories. They also show an indication this may be originating from somewhere in Russia, and say they have contacted EA for a response.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 15, 2012, 09:30 Verno

I couldn't play Skyrim without mods, there are so many good ones. I'm in the process of converting my Nexus crap over to Mod Organizer. It lets you install mods as a virtual container which is amazing. Mods are never really "installed", MO basically gives them to Skyrim at runtime so you never run into a situation where a mod screws up an install. You could try 1000 different mods and be back to vanilla with a single click. You can also have different save profiles and you can have different mod profiles for each character. Amazing utility but there is a bit of a learning curve.

Oh yeah and uh, Origin and stuff.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 21:24 Mordecai Walfish

Dev wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 18:20:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:56:
Verno wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:31:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:13:
Edit : Speaking of arrows to the knee, I had a guard say it to me again yesterday in Skyrim. For the first time in 35 or so hours (the guard discussions mod is awesome). First I laughed. Then I murdered him and paid the 1000 gold bounty. Some things just have to be done.

You need Guard Dialogue Overhaul. Someone else linked it in a previous thread and it was a great immersion builder for me. You actually hear appropriate lines now and there's a whole bunch of unused guard dialogue I didn't even know was in the game.

That's the one I meant when I said "Guard Discussions." I couldn't remember the full name of the mod. But I agree, it's fantastic. Actually hearing guards address me as the Thane, and showing respect, helps wonderfully with the mood.

Creston
Nice! Thanks for the link!

Ditto! Modding Skyrim is an endeavor I haven't embarked on nearly as much as I should. Shit, I'm still not finished with my latest Oblivion build..

36. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 18:48 Cutter

Saw some good Halloween stuff but no Xmas stuff. Where are the Xmas lights?! I want to do a playtrough at Xmas.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

35. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 18:20 Dev

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:56:
Edit : Speaking of arrows to the knee, I had a guard say it to me again yesterday in Skyrim. For the first time in 35 or so hours (the guard discussions mod is awesome). First I laughed. Then I murdered him and paid the 1000 gold bounty. Some things just have to be done.

You need Guard Dialogue Overhaul. Someone else linked it in a previous thread and it was a great immersion builder for me. You actually hear appropriate lines now and there's a whole bunch of unused guard dialogue I didn't even know was in the game.

That's the one I meant when I said "Guard Discussions." I couldn't remember the full name of the mod. But I agree, it's fantastic. Actually hearing guards address me as the Thane, and showing respect, helps wonderfully with the mood.

Creston
Nice! Thanks for the link!

34. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 18:13 Prez

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:10:
Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 13:50:
I never thought I'd find myself wishing for the "arrow to the knee" meme again.

Prez used to like the Soviet Russia meme until he took an arrow to the knee.

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 1600:
Sorry man...

In Soviet Russia, joke gets Prez!

LMAO! I quit the internet.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2012, 18:40.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 18:06 Burrito of Peace

nvm...someone else did it.  

32. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 17:56 Creston

Creston

31. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 17:52 Cutter

Holy Skyrim Mods Batman!

30. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 16:02 Ant

Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:00:
nin wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 10:35:
They also show an indication this may be originating from somewhere in Russia

IN SOVIET RUSSIA, EA ORIGINS YOU!

I am going to get Blue to ban "IN SOVIET RUSSIA..." jokes if it's the last thing I do goddamit!!!!! Shakefist
Prove it!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

29. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 15:39 Mashiki Amiketo

I am going to get Blue to ban "IN SOVIET RUSSIA..." jokes if it's the last thing I do goddamit!!!!! Shakefist
Sorry man...

In Soviet Russia, joke gets Prez!

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

28. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 15:31 Verno

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

27. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 15:25 The Half Elf

In Soviet Russia, the knee takes you to the arrow!

/ducks

Creston

Creston

LOL Glad I am not alone in this. I've been really bored and play a Dark Elf who really hates racist or mean people, so while wandering around I heard a guard mention his knee problem and solved it with a arrow to his other knee. Sadly I'm against paying fines and have yet to return to that city.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

26. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 15:13 Creston

In Soviet Russia, the knee takes you to the arrow!

/ducks

Creston

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2012, 17:54.

25. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 15:10 Cutter

Prez used to like the Soviet Russia meme until he took an arrow to the knee.

24. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 14:58 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:14:
Verno wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:02:
Sounds like the Russians figured out some loophole in the account process. Oh well, I'm sure EA will get it fixed up. Security problems in the gaming industry aren't exactly unique to them.

In Soviet Russia, Blue bans you!

I keed, I keed!

ARRGGHH!!!!! Steamingmad

Careful Prez you might have a tumor.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

23. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 14:44 avianflu

I assume this network game client holds your credit card info? awesome.  

22. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 13:50 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 13:42 Creston

Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:14:
Verno wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:02:
Sounds like the Russians figured out some loophole in the account process. Oh well, I'm sure EA will get it fixed up. Security problems in the gaming industry aren't exactly unique to them.

In Soviet Russia, Blue bans you!

I keed, I keed!

ARRGGHH!!!!! Steamingmad

In soviet russia, steamingmad gets Prez!

*crickets*

Creston

20. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 12:55 PropheT

And in other news, someone actually wants an Origin account.  

19. Re: Origin Accounts Hijacked? Nov 14, 2012, 12:28 El Pit

I KNEW IT! After his reelection, the Prez is going all dictator on us! Evilgrin

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo