Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2012, 15:43 RollinThundr

Nucas wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 19:40:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:35:
Like I said, you live in a fantasy world where...

so stupid and stubborn. i can't even muster pity because you don't want to learn, you want to hate. does it feel good? is it fulfilling?

Pity for what? The truth? That the democratic party thrives on flat out bullshit and lies?

This election has shown how easily the liberal democrats have been able to influence the minorities, less educated and poor in this country by telling them that they are all victims by tapping into the very core of human emotions - envy & covetousness. Manipulating them that the successful have cheated them out of what should be rightfully theirs, and that the rich not only owes them a living, but a living in the manner of their choosing.

Americans who expect to be supported by the government’s redistribution of wealth will remain eternally enslaved at the lowest economic level, and unfortunately, these election results show that a growing portion of the country finds that an acceptable trade off. If ambition is lost, complacency will be found and that is a slippery-slope this great country must not go down. This well conceived liberal election campaign to divide its citizens with every manner of deception, racial accusations, an imaginary war on women and class warfare rhetoric to polarize and tear apart the very fabric that made this country great, and bring a plague of dependency to its people for the sake of power will be forever judged.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2012, 10:23 eRe4s3r

Oh? It takes 2 people with some molotovs to set that 1million robot factory on fire and disable it for a year or permanently. It takes just 1 guy to set the fire-station on fire. And maybe 3 others to sabotage the fire-trucks and streets to and from the factories. It takes a single person to block a road to a factory or sabotage rails or power-lines.

So just because they don't have guns, doesn't mean they can't royally mess with the government or the infrastructure.

Unless you think the Chinese gov doesn't care about this at all ^^

26. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2012, 04:21 J

Hello. Welcome to Blue's News. How may I help you today? I'm sorry, nin. I'm afraid I can't do that.  

25. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2012, 02:26 Prez

If you are a government intent on keeping population away from armed revolts replacing 1 million jobs with 1 million robots...

What does China have to fear from "armed revolts"? Its citizenry at large doesn't have access to weapons. Communism works very well at making sure the peons remain peons.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2012, 00:41 eRe4s3r

If you are a government intent on keeping population away from armed revolts replacing 1 million jobs with 1 million robots is not a smart solution especially not in a situation where large parts of your country are starving and those jobs fed 3 million people in some remote corner of the country (the ratio is probably much much higher). So you save some money.. but you have 4 million very unhappy people hating your guts now. (not you, I mean the company ,p)

Obviously automation is more efficient (and there is no job that can't be automated, automating any and all human-service jobs is what the current robotics research is all about after all. When a robot is made that can go shopping, make me a sandwich, climb stairs and make a coffee then it can be programmed to repair other robots and maintain factories.

At that point, programmers would be the lowest part of the food chain. And paid fittingly... until an AGI is developed that can write dynamic routines for robots. And once each service robot has an AGI that can decide how to do things the most efficient way, programmers as the last bastion will be unemployed.

Ah the dystopian future versions are always the most fun

23. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2012, 00:39 RollinThundr

TurdFergasun wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 18:34:
you just seem pathologically racist against a black man leading your country like 75% of the gop and teabaggers out there. try to come up with some other injustice your great black whale has infected upon your country that hasn't been done by his predecessors 10 fold before he even old enough to plan this financial ruin you purport to blame on him. the confederacy is over you noobs get over it and move on with your lives, so people can discuss things that are actually relevant to the consequences of reality within a massively complicated geo political system.

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:29:
Did I say Bush? I said the GOP. History bears that out. Want a good economy and low unemployment you choose the Democrats. Want debt, war and bad times yo choose the GOP. Try reading some ACTUAL history sometime and you'd learn that.

Like I said, you live in a fantasy world where all the world's problems lie at the feet of one political party in the US. Oh wait I forgot, Obama didn't start military action in Libya without congressional approval, oh wait I forgot, Obama's administration isn't following the same Bush time table for pulling troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Our economy sure is flying now that Obama spent a trillion more in 4 years than Bush in 8, that's helping out amazingly.

Maybe we should just print some more money, devalue the dollar some more and call it a day.

Obama could be white, green or purple it wouldn't matter, It continually makes me eye roll that should anyone be critical of him, right to the race card each and every time, it was old the first 4 years, I think that horse is pretty much beat to death at this point. The guy's been a terrible president, end of story.

22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 23:03 Prez

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 11:48:
IN other news, 500 human jobs created to build and maintain 1 million robots to replace 1 million human jobs. Leaves 999500 in total poverty.

You couldn't make this shit up ^^

It sounds cruel but automation like this yields much higher profits AND efficiency. Machines are infinitely better suited for assembly line-type jobs, and end up being far cheaper in the long run than payroll and benefits for people. They really are a no-brainer, and it's hard to fault any corporation that moves to automated manufacturing wherever possible. Humans are sloppy, inconsistent, and subject to fatigue-related mistakes and slowdowns. Machines are none of these things. There will always be someone needed to fix and maintain the machines and the process surrounding them, though. It's part of what I do in my current job. Then there are the many processes that are unique and varied enough that automation just isn't practical. Machines will never entirely replace people, which is good for those of us who like to eat.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 19:40 Nucas

Like I said, you live in a fantasy world where...

so stupid and stubborn. i can't even muster pity because you don't want to learn, you want to hate. does it feel good? is it fulfilling?

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 18:49 killer_roach

Did I say Bush? I said the GOP. History bears that out. Want a good economy and low unemployment you choose the Democrats. Want debt, war and bad times yo choose the GOP. Try reading some ACTUAL history sometime and you'd learn that.

So the debt under Obama is somehow the GOP's fault? Please.

That being said, overall on economics issues I'd say there really have been few Presidential administrations that "got" both micro- and macroeconomic issues, and, in the post-WWII era, only one from each party (JFK for the Dems, Reagan for the GOP). Each party has also had two guys good on one but not the other (Carter was great on micro issues to the point where he was possibly the most relentless deregulatory President we've ever had, Clinton was good on macro issues, Bush Jr. was good on micro issues, and Eisenhower was good on macro issues), and the rest... well, they were at best mediocre on both.

Overall, the GOP platform has typically (but not always) been better from an economic standpoint, but the fact that pretty much every President has gone and ignored their party's platform except when convenient means that we can't really use governing philosophy as a proxy for actual political performance.

19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 18:38 nin

I'm glad to see someones taking their loss so well.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 18:34 TurdFergasun

you just seem pathologically racist against a black man leading your country like 75% of the gop and teabaggers out there. try to come up with some other injustice your great black whale has infected upon your country that hasn't been done by his predecessors 10 fold before he even old enough to plan this financial ruin you purport to blame on him. the confederacy is over you noobs get over it and move on with your lives, so people can discuss things that are actually relevant to the consequences of reality within a massively complicated geo political system.

Like I said, you live in a fantasy world where all the world's problems lie at the feet of one political party in the US. Oh wait I forgot, Obama didn't start military action in Libya without congressional approval, oh wait I forgot, Obama's administration isn't following the same Bush time table for pulling troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Our economy sure is flying now that Obama spent a trillion more in 4 years than Bush in 8, that's helping out amazingly.

Maybe we should just print some more money, devalue the dollar some more and call it a day.

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 17:35 RollinThundr

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 17:29 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 17:25 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 16:29:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 16:11:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 15:08:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 14:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 13:29:
Result: Either capitalism ceases, or the western world will learn the true meaning of poverty.

The GOP Obama's reelection has assured that already.

Fixed.

So what you mean to say is it's still Bush's fault right? Is it still going to be Bush's fault in 4 years when we're 20+ trillion in debt and 15% unemployment? Or does Obama and the dems get some of the blame then?

Democrats should rename the party to Blamorats since it's always Bush's fault, or the GOP's fault.

Well, I mean, the economy fell apart under Bush, right?

But I wouldn't blame him. What people fail to realize is that the effects of a presidency take far longer to be apparent than 4 years in office. It's near impossible to blame Obama for an economy that fell apart a few months before he took office.

The loan issues that brought us down were decisions made while Clinton was in office.
The entire world is in meltdown, which is a result of things far beyond the control, or even influence, of the POTUS.
And, when you get down to it, most of the woes in the US are Reagan's fault.

Most of the woe's are the responsibility of both parties and both parties' addiction to spending money we don't have. I don't blame Obama for the economy falling apart, that was Bush's spending, and Clinton's deregulation that did that.

Now that Obama has had 4 years in office and continues to spend like it's going out of style, it's my opinion that at some point, he and his cronies take a bit of responsibility for 1. Unemployment still at 10%+ since they conveniently don't count those who stopped looking and gave up, 2. Not putting forth a budget proposal that gets enough votes from both parties to pass in 4+ years.

You and I both know Beamer, that if a republican president failed to pass a budget for an entire term +, they'd get lambasted by the media and we'd not hear the end of it. Why is it so different when a lib is in the office of the presidency?

Yes the entire world is in a meltdown and that's apparently solely Bush's and the GOP's fault if you ask folks like Cutter. I mean I keep forgetting Pelosi and Reid never obstructed anything during Bush's terms, it's only the GOP that holds "progress" up in the US.

All I'm really asking for is the dems to take a tiny bit of responsibility for anything rather than constantly blaming everyone else for all the world's problems.

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 16:29 Beamer

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 16:11:
Result: Either capitalism ceases, or the western world will learn the true meaning of poverty.

Fixed.

So what you mean to say is it's still Bush's fault right? Is it still going to be Bush's fault in 4 years when we're 20+ trillion in debt and 15% unemployment? Or does Obama and the dems get some of the blame then?

Democrats should rename the party to Blamorats since it's always Bush's fault, or the GOP's fault.

Well, I mean, the economy fell apart under Bush, right?

But I wouldn't blame him. What people fail to realize is that the effects of a presidency take far longer to be apparent than 4 years in office. It's near impossible to blame Obama for an economy that fell apart a few months before he took office.

The loan issues that brought us down were decisions made while Clinton was in office.
The entire world is in meltdown, which is a result of things far beyond the control, or even influence, of the POTUS.
And, when you get down to it, most of the woes in the US are Reagan's fault.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 16:11 RollinThundr

Fixed.

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 15:16 eRe4s3r

3D Printers will be at a level of industrial production capability by 2020 and farming could be robotic and 100% automated / sustainable in local (per city) farm-biospheres... you are correct though, the real economic problem is resources. But all that's needed is changing what people want and how they consume (specifically, no more animal products). Capitalism is in the way of that. And as you correctly surmise.. the real knack of the problem is how to begin this change at all without having 95% of the population starve to death or revolt.

You don't need infinite resources though, you need people who don't want infinite stuff to consume and people who don't consume stuff that can never be sustainable.. like the industrial meat production as 1 example (there are thousands more).

Part of that is a 100% recycle and 100% repair initiative. Devices need to last forever, and if they don't, be repaired. Nothing should ever be thrown away into a landfill. Materials that can't be recycled should be banned, no matter what advantage they give. Food needs to be produced locally. Trade of food is forbidden unless there is an emergency. Electricity, Heating, Water. Everything needs to be localized, sustainable and FREE (but not unlimited) for the local populace.

Technological development should be focusing on space exploration & welfare of the race / sustainability.

And more importantly, people need to be given a new vision for the future first.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2012, 15:26.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 15:08 Cutter

Fixed.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 14:57 NegaDeath

They dealt with it.. Star Trek for example, has abolished capitalism in the federation and only use money for trade with others or independent colonies.

The problem with science fiction utopias abandoning capitalism, or in your specific case star trek, is that those fictional futures have access to unrealistic technologies that greatly reduced or even eliminated major societal problems like finite resources, food, etc. If you can feed your family with a magic device that generates meals with the press of a button, and runs off of some nearly unlimited energy source, then a job isn't as useful. When someone invents a replicator then we can talk.

Note: I am aware of 3D printers, they aren't anywhere near that level yet.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2012, 15:03.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 14:43 RollinThundr

Obama's reelection has assured that already.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo