Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Patched

Stream News announces a new patch is now automatically available for Borderlands 2 to update Gearbox Software's role-playing sequel to version 1.2.0. The lengthy list of changes follows:

• Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
  • Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to connect to one another if one of them had recently been in DLC that the other doesn't have.
  • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
  • Fixed a bug in the inventory UI when quickly scrolling to the bottom of a list using the mouse wheel.
  • Improved PhysX fluid rendering quality at high resolutions.
  • Improved NVIDIA 3D Vision integration.
  • Fixed the "Inverted reverse steering" option not working for clients in a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed the player's backpack sort setting not persisting.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to sometimes crash or freeze after killing Master Gee in the Captain Scarlett DLC.
  • Fixed challenges showing inaccurate completion amounts for area-specific challenges.
  • Fixed a bug where the player's active mission would sometimes fall back to main-game missions when completing other missions in DLC areas.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose mission rewards that they had not claimed when switching between Normal mode and True Vault Hunter mode.
  • Added a confirmation dialog when opening the golden chest in Sanctuary.
  • Fixed Arid Nexus Badlands showing an undiscovered challenge that was not attainable.
  • Restored some lost progress to players who have had their profiles reset. To ensure you are credited for as much progress as possible, please load your character, select "Continue" on the Main Menu, and then "Save and Quit" after you enter the world. Repeat this process for each character in your character list.
  • Fixed the Mechromancer's Anarchy skill sometimes losing stacks incorrectly for multiplayer clients.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck zoomed in when in "Fight for Your Life" mode.
  • Fixed challenge "For The Hoard!" to work properly after resetting challenges.
  • Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause players' skill points to be reset when loading their character.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause enemies and missions to be locked to an incorrect level.
  • Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.
  • Amplify damage from Amplify Shields is now divided among all projectiles fired from a single shot.
  • Balance adjustments to "The Bee":
    • Increased Recharge Delay
    • Significantly increased Recharge Rate
    • Reduced Amplify damage
  • DLC raid bosses no longer drop Seraph crystals in Normal Mode.
  • Reduced level of DLC raid bosses in Normal Mode.
  • Fixed issue resulting in infinite leveling exploit with Fleshstick.
  • Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue.
  • Additional miscellaneous balance tweaks.
  • Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
    • Plan B
    • Wildlife Preservation
    • Mighty Morphin
    • Animal Rescue: Food
    • The Man Who Would Be Jack
    • Get To Know Jack
    • Where Angels Fear to Tread
    • Trailer Trashing
    • Clan War: First Place
    • Stalker of Stalkers
    • The Once and Future Slab
    • Home Movies
    • Shielded Favors
    • You Are Cordially Invited: Tea Party
    • (Captain Scarlett) Freedom of Speech

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 15, 2012, 09:43 Suppa7

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 08:48:
I actually stopped playing my Siren because her weapon drops had been so stupendously shit that the areas where I was in made a simple marauder feel like a fucking boss battle. I finally teleported her back to Sanctuary, looted the Golden Chest about five or six times, and the area suddenly became butter.

So I'm going to say that loot definitely DOES matter.

Creston

I think you just suck at borderlands or are a casual gamer, if you think any of the monsters 'felt like bosses'. I'm sorry but I have to laugh a little. The game was released multiplatform and it has console-itis all over it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 15, 2012, 08:48 Creston

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 02:51:
Not to be a downer but, the loot rarely matters in borderlands 2. The loot DOES feel like an afterthought but for the most part they've intentionally designed the game so that the loot is mostly a superficial element. If you want satisfactory weapons you can always do quests from job board, they usually always have a good enough reward in one of them.

Also the drops are level based for certain chests, if you save those special 'chests' to open later you'll get better rewards at higher levels. I ended up saving a bunch just for that purpose.

As far as the people investigating the drops can tell, other than the Golden Chest, every other chest hits the same loot table. (In fact, everything in the entire game hits the same weighted loot table.) Some of them are at least level-based (ie, if you're 39, you'll get a level 39 item), but a level 39 white or green is typically still nothing to get excited over.

And I really don't agree with your statement that the loot really matters. First time I played TVHM with my assassin, it was a fucking GRIND just to get back to Sanctuary, because his weapons were underpowered. With my Commando I farmed the Warrior for awhile to get better stuff, and I cut through the initial two hours like it was butter (admittedly my turret helped a lot, of course.)

I actually stopped playing my Siren because her weapon drops had been so stupendously shit that the areas where I was in made a simple marauder feel like a fucking boss battle. I finally teleported her back to Sanctuary, looted the Golden Chest about five or six times, and the area suddenly became butter.

So I'm going to say that loot definitely DOES matter.

Creston

27. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 15, 2012, 08:43 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 18:14:
Wow, WTH happened with this patch? I log in to find 10 more golden keys and an extra 69 badass tokens.

Errr, that sounds like your save might have glitched....

Creston

26. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 15, 2012, 02:51 Suppa7

Not to be a downer but, the loot rarely matters in borderlands 2. The loot DOES feel like an afterthought but for the most part they've intentionally designed the game so that the loot is mostly a superficial element. If you want satisfactory weapons you can always do quests from job board, they usually always have a good enough reward in one of them.

Also the drops are level based for certain chests, if you save those special 'chests' to open later you'll get better rewards at higher levels. I ended up saving a bunch just for that purpose.

25. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 19:09 xXBatmanXx

I think I found 5 oranges now? I am colorblind, so a quick look at stats it doesn't look good, I sell it. So I may ahve tossed some crappy ones recently.

I have to keep my inventory in color order, makes it harder to miss them.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

24. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 18:14 nin

Wow, WTH happened with this patch? I log in to find 10 more golden keys and an extra 69 badass tokens.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 16:53 Beamer

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 16:49:
So I've been farming the Warrior in TVH mode for a while and have yet to see a legendary. I keep upgrading my purples but that's about it.

Is this the best use of my time, I wonder? Is there a better boss to farm?

Also, are there two different purples in the game? I have a few that are light a pinkish purple instead of the normal purple.

Magenta are E-Tech guns. They do things like homing (which is cool), or barbs that take a few seconds to explode (much less cool.)

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 16:49 Fibrocyte

So I've been farming the Warrior in TVH mode for a while and have yet to see a legendary. I keep upgrading my purples but that's about it.

Is this the best use of my time, I wonder? Is there a better boss to farm?

Also, are there two different purples in the game? I have a few that are light a pinkish purple instead of the normal purple.

21. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 14:01 Creston

PHJF wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 10:21:
And yes, I know they drop from bosses, so I farmed a few of them for awhile, and they dropped nothing of the kind either.

Yup at one point on siren I resorted to farming one boss for an SMG... the boss was so easy simply phaselocking + two of my nades killed it. After two full level ups I gave up.

Apparently even the farming drop rates are as bad as Diablo's.

The boss hits the same loot table, so yeah. Only if it's a boss with a unique legendary (ie, only he drops it), he gets an additional chance to drop that one particular legendary. I got Boom Bewm and Mortar to drop their grenades. I've farmed Mortar at least ten times since, never seen it again.

Creston

20. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 13:57 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 09:29:
I'm still amazed you've only seen 2 legendary. But you know how sometimes one person claims he's had no problems in a game full of bugs, and everyone yells at him that his experience isn't typical?

I think your experience isn't typical. My level 30 zer0 has two legendary items on him right now. My level 24 Gunzerker also has two. And I've had a few others which I've since sold.

Looking at the weighted drop rates (and not really knowing what other drop mechanisms are in place -- we know there's a separate drop chance for a boss to drop his unique loot if he has it, but it's a very low chance, so there might be some other tables that get pinged too), I'd say my experience is actually fairly standard and people who get more have just gotten a little luckier above the norm.

And that's fine, I understand that not everyone's experience is the same, but it doesn't diminish the fact that I played for 50+ hours with my commando, and found fuck all in worthy loot after level 20. Yes, I found the normal damage upgrades, but I'm sorry, that just doesn't fill me with happiness. Going from 240 damage per shot to 255 damage per shot and 2% extra chance on the acid damage is not an upgrade. That's just the same fucking gun. It still takes 95 shots to kill a fucking Buzzard with it.

The only time I made a pretty big jump in gun effectiveness was:

A) When I farmed the Warrior in PT1. He dropped some nice blue and purple items that were a 30-40% upgrade over what I had.
B) plinking the Golden Chest. (which now has a confirmation on open. After everyone's already wasted their first key on it, and now everyone knows what it is. GJ, Gearbox.)

I mean, what's the fucking point of finding great loot AFTER you turn 50? I'm not going to play my commando anymore, because there's nothing to do. I've finished all the quests except for a few minor (and annoying) side quests.

I finally modded the drop rates to 0.1 for everything and 1000 for legendaries, then farmed the Warrior in PT2 a few times, (fun to see 40 legendaries pop out) just so I could see what I missed. And shit, there are some fucking awesome and hilarious legendary guns in there. Why don't we get these WHILE FUCKING PLAYING???

One of the drops was a shotgun that you throw away like a Tediore when you reload it, but it bounces off walls, and then FLIES AFTER MONSTERS WHILE FIRING AT THEM. It's like the ultimate buzzard killer. I practically pissed myself laughing the first time I saw it go after a Buzzard like a fucking Spitfire.

Where does it drop? Oh yeah, one boss has the chance to drop it, after you farm him. Why does the game have to have this dumb-ass MMORPG bullshit attached to it? Farming a fucking Raid boss? Wtf is this, WoW?

I think the thing that annoys me the most is that everything just pings the same shitty loot table. The Warrior pings the same table as the fucking lockers in scooter's garage. That's just fucking stupid.

Creston

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 10:40 nin

If you were wondering why you've never seen a Triple Vault, it's because that falls with a 1-5 out of 32768 chance. )

I have. Got a nice orange from it.

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 10:21 PHJF

And yes, I know they drop from bosses, so I farmed a few of them for awhile, and they dropped nothing of the kind either.

Yup at one point on siren I resorted to farming one boss for an SMG... the boss was so easy simply phaselocking + two of my nades killed it. After two full level ups I gave up.

Apparently even the farming drop rates are as bad as Diablo's.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 10:14 Prez

Also I hate this trend of trying to fix dev mistakes in SP/CO-OP games long after the fact, in this case its several patches later even. It's one thing to revert something quickly but another to let players use it as an acceptable part of the game for months then nerf it in their SP experience.

On the one hand I agree but on the other I'll never bag on a developer for providing post-release support in this manner. In the case of the nerfs, they fixed exploits more than anything it looks like. And the Wilhelm buff was much needed I think. I remember all of the big to-do about "Oh, Thank GOD Jack didn't send Wilhelm!" and "You can't handle Wilhelm! RUN!!" and then I killed him with a low level corrosive sniper rifle in like 30 seconds. I suck at games - if I am complaining a fight was way too easy you know it is true!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 09:32 Beamer

Verno wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 09:29:
I think they need to introduce some more depth into the game instead of relying on very simple mechanics. Armor pieces for one would be great, lets see some more stats too and put a bit of actual RPG into this.

I wish they'd let you get gun parts, rather than guns.

This SMG barrel does 30 damage. This SMG body fires 3 shots at a time. This SMG magazine holds 50 shots but slows your fire rate down. Etc.

Way more variation there, where you can spend significant time building weapons from parts that have perks and cons. You can build an SMG for power or build an SMG for capacity and reload time.

-------------

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 09:29 Beamer

I'm still amazed you've only seen 2 legendary. But you know how sometimes one person claims he's had no problems in a game full of bugs, and everyone yells at him that his experience isn't typical?

I think your experience isn't typical. My level 30 zer0 has two legendary items on him right now. My level 24 Gunzerker also has two. And I've had a few others which I've since sold.

-------------

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 09:29 Verno

Bradley wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 00:44:
I see this type of comment so much and I don't understand the logic. If every drop gave you something you "need" (ie, better stats than what you have), then after 10 pickups you would be an immortal freaking GOD, and the game would be no challenge.

Nah I'm with Creston here, some loot consistency is appreciated and your comment about being a god seems offbase because thats not how BL2 works. Many of the quest rewards are garbage and Borderlands is heavily level driven, where one item can significantly increase in power only separated by a few levels from another. If the game is going to play the bazillion guns card, it's helpful to get loot worth using (regardless of its color) at a reasonable pace so you don't feel like you're always stomping things or getting stomped with nothing in between.

The reason people want the legendaries is because they're unique and a lot of the loot you do see is just variations of the same base item properties. Despite the bazillion guns claim, I found the actual variety of loot to be underwhelming. It almost reminds me of the weapon customization system in Brink but at least guns here have actual characteristics.

I think they need to introduce some more depth into the game instead of relying on very simple mechanics. Armor pieces for one would be great, lets see some more stats too and put a bit of actual RPG into this.

Also I hate this trend of trying to fix dev mistakes in SP/CO-OP games long after the fact, in this case its several patches later even. It's one thing to revert something quickly but another to let players use it as an acceptable part of the game for months then nerf it in their SP experience.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 09:07 Creston

Bradley wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 00:44:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 00:26:
Ton of changes, and nothing to the biggest problem with the game which is that the loot it drops is fucking pathetic. It makes Diablo 3 look like Santa Claus on a charity spree by comparison.

I see this type of comment so much and I don't understand the logic. If every drop gave you something you "need" (ie, better stats than what you have), then after 10 pickups you would be an immortal freaking GOD, and the game would be no challenge.

There is probably a setting to be found somewhere in between NEVER and EVERY drop. Maybe. I'm not really sure.

panbient wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 06:33:
In Borderlands 2 I've gotten more than a half dozen legendaries before completing the main quest and they were all rather awesome. Mind you those mainly drop from bosses rather than chests.

On my Commando, I found a grand total of 2 legendaries. Two. In 50 levels. I found one at level 4 (boom bewm's legendary grenade, which admittedly was an awesome drop because I used that thing up to like level 20.)

And I found a decent acid pistol somewhere around 18-20. That was the last of the legendaries I found.

The game doesn't have to swamp you in legendaries or high-end purples, but it'd be nice if (the chest behind) a story mini-boss would at least drop SOMETHING decent. Nope, whites and greens.

I finally made it to PT2.5, went in about 20% on that, and when I opened yet another chest after yet another mini-boss, and said chest had again 4 white items (admittedly at level 50), I just fucking gave up.

There IS a ton of cool loot in the game. Like, seriously fucking AWESOME loot. But you're gonna have to either have the patience to farm shit like Terramorphous or Vermivorous dozens and dozens and dozens of times, or you're going to have to fuck around with the drop rates.

If you couple the terrible, terrible drop rates with the fact that the entire gun system is already ten times as boring as what they had in the first game (since you're essentially just finding the same 20ish guns over and over and over again), to me it just eventually becomes a drag.

In ALL of PT2, I found a grand total of half a dozen purples. That's it. I'm talking 20 levels and around 40 hours of playtime, and it gives you half a dozen purples. Woohoo?

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 08:04:
Color is important, not the end-all be-all.

Oh really? Man, how did I never realize that... Yes, Beamer, I'm well aware that sometimes you can find a green that's better than a blue, or even a purple. But trust me when I say that the true high-end stuff is all in the higher colors.

I'd post the crappy drop rates, but apparently the game just updated, so I'd have to wait another 45 mins before it's patched. Off the top of my head, the drop rates were weighed as

white - 200
green - 100
blue - 10
purple - 0.1
orange - 0.01

Once it's updated and I can look at them again, I'll edit it and fix it. (It's not as terrible as the slot machines, fortunately. If you were wondering why you've never seen a Triple Vault, it's because that falls with a 1-5 out of 32768 chance. )

Creston

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2012, 09:22.

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 08:54 finga

Ton of changes, and nothing to the biggest problem with the game which is that the loot it drops is fucking pathetic. It makes Diablo 3 look like Santa Claus on a charity spree by comparison.

Creston
Not even remotely my experience. Tons of great loot that makes the game a blast to play.

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 08:04 Beamer

Flatline wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 02:58:

The rest of their DLC better be awe-inspiringly good if they want me to buy it. More missions with dozens of chests that give you white and green horseshit loot aren't what I'm in the mood for anymore, Randy.

Creston

I don't know what you're talking about... Yeah, a lot of chests drop white and green loots, but my primary sniper rifle right now is green and does shit-tons more damage than blues or oranges (by a factor of 3-5x as much). I want to see a new piece of gear (maybe not my primary weapon, but a usable, desirable weapon) once every 30-45 minutes, and I see that just fine. There's no reason to focus on one or two weapons any more since they eliminated weapon experience.

Yeah, I agree.
I'd been running around with a rocket launcher that did 5808 damage for a while, then suddenly found a blue one that did 11000. 30 minutes later found a white one doing 12000.

Color is important, not the end-all be-all.

Plus, I keep seeing people here saying they aren't finding orange weapons and made it to level 50 without finding more than 2 or 3. Both my characters, one a level 30 one a level 24, currently have two on them, and usually find one ever 8 levels or so.

If better loot came around more often I'd probably waste way too much time at the target range, trying to evaluate which shotgun gives me more bang for my buck.

-------------

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Nov 14, 2012, 07:55 nin

Flatline wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 02:58:

The rest of their DLC better be awe-inspiringly good if they want me to buy it. More missions with dozens of chests that give you white and green horseshit loot aren't what I'm in the mood for anymore, Randy.

Creston

I don't know what you're talking about... Yeah, a lot of chests drop white and green loots, but my primary sniper rifle right now is green and does shit-tons more damage than blues or oranges (by a factor of 3-5x as much). I want to see a new piece of gear (maybe not my primary weapon, but a usable, desirable weapon) once every 30-45 minutes, and I see that just fine. There's no reason to focus on one or two weapons any more since they eliminated weapon experience.

Yeah, I didn't have that problem either. Got plenty of good stuff from the expansion. Granted, I couldn't use it since I was too high, but it was still decent stuff.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo