Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Next Crysis not Crysis 4

Eurogamer talks with Crytek's Cevat Yerli about the next installment in the Crysis series, though details are hard to come by at this time. He also tells them this will not be named Crysis 4. “I wouldn't name it Crysis 4 at this stage because it would be misleading,” he explained. “We want to finalise Prophet's story and Crysis 4 would imply the story just moves on.”

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Next Crysis not Crysis 4 Nov 14, 2012, 13:48 Quinn

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:12:
I love how the trilogy suddenly has become "Prophet's story", when in the entire first game, you play Nomad and Prophet has about 14 seconds of screen time.

We also have no clue what Prophet did in that first game, NOR do we have a clue what ever happened to fucking NOMAD.

I guess this became a trilogy when they were making Crysis3?

Creston

Hehe, indeed. To me it was even an anti-climax when I found out I had "become Prophet". I felt just as... invaded... as that semi-corpse in the suit must've felt.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Next Crysis not Crysis 4 Nov 13, 2012, 13:12 Creston

I love how the trilogy suddenly has become "Prophet's story", when in the entire first game, you play Nomad and Prophet has about 14 seconds of screen time.

We also have no clue what Prophet did in that first game, NOR do we have a clue what ever happened to fucking NOMAD.

I guess this became a trilogy when they were making Crysis3?

Creston

7. Re: Next Crysis not Crysis 4 Nov 13, 2012, 09:39 theyarecomingforyou

I read the headline as: 'Next Crysis', not 'Crysis 4'.

I think it's only right for them to move on, as Prophet was never as compelling as say Gordon Freeman, Adam Jensen or Corvo Attano. Hopefully Crysis 3 will be released on Steam, otherwise I'll have to skip it as I did Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

6. Re: Next Crysis not Crysis 4 Nov 13, 2012, 08:15 Eldaron Imotholin

John wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 08:08:
The next Crysis won't be Crysis 4 because it's going to be Crysis 3! Duh..

Indeed. I was like "huh?" during the entire time I read Blue's post. Very weird one.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

5. Re: Next Crysis not Crysis 4 Nov 13, 2012, 08:08 John

The next Crysis won't be Crysis 4 because it's going to be Crysis 3! Duh..  
This space is available for rent

4. Re: Next Crysis not Crysis 4 Nov 12, 2012, 21:45 Prez

It kind of irks me that developers think we would care about the 4th, 5th, 19th, whatever iteration of their game when we haven't even seen if the third one is any good. Admittedly it seems if he was asked about it by Eurogamer, though, so I guess no biggie. It IS Cevat CRYbaby SISsie Yerli, which may be why it irks me more than anything.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

3. Re: Next Crysis not Crysis 4 Nov 12, 2012, 21:14 Acleacius

Crysis Apocalypse: Invasion of the PC Pirates!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: Next Crysis not Crysis 4 Nov 12, 2012, 21:07 Fantaz

Crysis 4 be renamed to be simply named as "Crysis", and will be Free-To-Play. Also Warface trilogy announced. Ryse also becomes F2P.  

1. Re: Next Crysis not Crysis 4 Nov 12, 2012, 20:55 nin

“I wouldn't name it Crysis 4 at this stage because it would be misleading,” he explained. "Also, it has already been pirated."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo