Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes

David Vonderhaar Tweets that players with legitimate copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops II will not have their stats reset, even if they start playing the military shooter sequel before its official release tomorrow: "FAQ. Will people be reset? A. Read the previously linked Security/Enforcement policy. Unless you are a bad person doing bad things, no. +" Thanks Polygon. Also, pcdev tweets that Treyarch is backing off on the hard line he recently took on not allowing an expansion of the field of view on the PC edition past 80 (thanks VG247), saying: "On the post-launch patch task list: 90 FOV #BlackOps2 #PC."

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 13, 2012, 06:32 xXBatmanXx

Available in Steam - and they are making a big deal about it. You get a splash screen on the steam page and it takes up 2/3 of the steam store.

So disapoint.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2012, 01:12 Iurand

Rigs wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 23:46:
Oh thank ya, Massa...thank ya for supportin' my older playabilities, ya know after payin' $60 for ya game n' all... Rolleyes

Only 60? Cheap bastard.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2012, 23:46 Rigs

Oh thank ya, Massa...thank ya for supportin' my older playabilities, ya know after payin' $60 for ya game n' all... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

15. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 20:40 Wallshadows

I'm not 100% certain of all the details but I'm pretty sure he did it all through Steam and it was from a support ticket which made the claim that he was banned for use of VPN.

After a quick look over at the Steam forums, it appears as though Steam is rather strict in regards to the use of a VPN judging from all the posts and moderator replies through several threads. I'm sure there are steps that work but I have a feeling my friend just went head-first without checking and got caught by purchasing it through the VPN as eRe4s3r mentioned.

I'll ask him more about it later though.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2012, 20:48.

14. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 20:36 Tanto Edge

How the fuck do developers still ship product without this simple feature..  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

13. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 17:26 theyarecomingforyou

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 15:04:
My friend used a VPN to get early access through Steam but he got caught and his account is now banned.
Doubtful. I used a VPN to play several games early on Steam (including Borderlands 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Dishonored) and didn't have any issues (I was connected to the Steam Community and was Online at the time), nor did any of the people I know. A moderator on the Steam forums confirmed that there is no problem with using a VPN to access Steam.

What's more likely is that your "friend" bought the game in a different region to get it cheaper and they were caught out, as that goes against the Steam end-user agreement.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

12. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 17:15 eRe4s3r

I used VPN many many times to get early access to games I bought (elsewhere that is, not on Steam bought, but registered key on steam) and was never banned. But I was VERY careful never to let steam go online after unlocking game with VPN until the game was unlocked in my region. And I entered the key properly before, so it was preloaded and literally just "waiting for unlock" after unlock. I would disconnect the VPN, switch Steam to offline and never be seen again until release day.

Your friend is the first mention I ever heard of anyone getting banned for using vpn PURELY to unlock a game earlier. Maybe he bought with VPN or entered the key while connected via VPN, that would be a clear violation of several EULA sections. But just "logging in" with a VPN active is not illegal nor forbidden. Ain't your fault steam gets confused with active connections.... and thinks I teleported to South Korea....

11. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 15:50 xXBatmanXx

"On the post-launch patch task list: 90 FOV #BlackOps2 #PC."

meh. They have made such promises before. At one point saying they would have servers, etc. in previous iterations.

No sale.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 15:41 DangerDog

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 15:04:
My friend used a VPN to get early access through Steam but he got caught and his account is now banned.

He seems to think it's temporary and everything will go back to normal.

stories like this pop up every once an awhile. I bought a cheap russian cd-key for Modern Warfare 3, registered it using a VPN. No restrictions, english language and never had my account banned or the game removed from my library.

I've read they've closed this loop hole with Black Ops II, out of region games can only be played from that region or you would need to use a VPN to start it every time. Russians are upset about this as they are forced to play the localized version which I understand has bad voice over and are slow to get updates on most games.

9. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 15:04 Wallshadows

He seems to think it's temporary and everything will go back to normal.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2012, 15:45.

8. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 14:50 Shineyguy

Slick wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 10:32:
do people actually buy pc versions of this game anymore? i mean really?

i can understand on a console, as a game based on the quake 3 engine apparently runs well on hardward specs from 2006, but that's about it. if you owned a pc, why would you buy this?

I don't buy them. Friend of a friend is a developer on the Treyarch COD team, and we play all the time so I'll be getting a copy from him.

7. Re: SMITE Adding New Mode Nov 12, 2012, 14:07 Richie

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 10:52:
Why the hell is a "FOV fix" a post-launch patch feature when it's been demanded for years? Are they fucking morons? Because it looks like it from here. Giant fucking morons. Seriously. Morons.

Yes. Yes, they are morons.

6. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 13:11 nin

DangerDog wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 12:58:
/lowers pitchfork slightly.

BURN THE WITCH!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 12:58 DangerDog

/lowers pitchfork slightly.  

4. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 12:56 ASeven

Have they fixed the douchebag attitude of pcdev yet?  

3. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 11:09 Suppa7

Slick wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 10:32:

i can understand on a console, as a game based on the quake 3 engine apparently runs well on hardward specs from 2006, but that's about it. if you owned a pc, why would you buy this?

Yes people do buy PC modern warfare its probably one of biggest sellers on PC, of course then you might be a console gamer and not know these things.

2. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 10:52 theyarecomingforyou

Why the hell is a "FOV fix" a post-launch patch feature when it's been demanded for years? Are they fucking morons? Because it looks like it from here. Giant fucking morons. Seriously. Morons.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

1. Re: Black Ops II: Stats Reset? No. FOV Fix? Yes Nov 12, 2012, 10:32 Slick

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo