Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year

An interview on the Red Bull Website about the imminent release of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Their caffeinated questioning leads to the revelation that we should expect a similarly enhanced remake of Baldur's Gate II next year (thanks VG247). Here's word:

With release just weeks away, it’s nearly at it’s end, but Oster plans to get stuck straight into revamping the sequel, Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows Of Amn, which came out in 2000.

“We are committed to doing Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition,” he says. “The instant Baldur’s Gate is completed most of our team is ready to start work on [it], with a couple holding back to continue to add features and support the fans...We're planning on shipping [it] in 2013, hopefully before the end of summer. I want to enjoy some sun this year - 2012 was a write off.”

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 12, 2012, 12:40 BobBob

Complete waste of time and money.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 12, 2012, 09:47 avianflu

I want this as much as anyone here but the delay of BG1 and then the "announcement" of BG2 is at least a little dubious.

Will be waiting for lots and lots of reviews before I buy BG1.

18. Re: BGEE2 Nov 12, 2012, 09:02 yonder

LITERACY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall now go slink off in shame.

17. Re: BG2EE Nov 12, 2012, 08:48 nin

yonder wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 07:45:
How many times does this have to be delayed until people call BS on this?

It was announced in March as "coming this summer".

In June, they announed it would be "late summer." Okay fine.

In July, they announced it would be September 18th.

On September 14th, they announced it would be November 30th.

And now they're saying "hopefully before the end of [summer 2013]"

Man... if this doesn't set of a gigantic number of red flags then, well, I simply don't know.

I'm not saying this is going to be Too Human or Diakatana, but you guys have to have a LIMIT to how much you'll accept and still be hopeful about the project.

That was the first one. Reading is fun.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: BG2EE Nov 12, 2012, 08:23 sauron

yonder wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 07:45:

Man... if this doesn't set of a gigantic number of red flags then, well, I simply don't know.

I'm not saying this is going to be Too Human or Diakatana, but you guys have to have a LIMIT to how much you'll accept and still be hopeful about the project.

I think BG1 is still scheduled for November 30th. BG2 is for summer 2013.

Kittens!

15. Re: BG2EE Nov 12, 2012, 07:45 yonder

14. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 12, 2012, 02:07 Kastagir

Fantaz wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 01:17:

I wonder how this game will scale on Ipad Mini/7" Android devices? Will it even work on phones, like Galaxy Note?

If you followed the link, you'd know that it already runs on an iPhone4, but they won't release it because the UI is too small and I suspect this is also true of other phones. The Note isn't that much bigger. The iPad mini is no different from an iPad except for the size, meaning you can't release something for the iPad and prevent people from loading it on an iPad mini. It should be playable on a 7" tablet as long as you don't have fat fingers.

13. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 12, 2012, 01:17 Fantaz

sauron wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 18:41:
s1mon75 wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 14:50:
Seriously cant wait for this either! Played it through a few times back in the day and im very excited about doing it all again.

Woo Hoo for classic RPG's!

When it arrives on Android, I'll be all over it. Hoping they can also ship Planescape:Torment to mobile platforms.

Playing BG while lying in bed and sipping a cool glass of something good? Yum.

I wonder how this game will scale on Ipad Mini/7" Android devices? Will it even work on phones, like Galaxy Note?

12. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 21:16 Nucas

Zarkonis wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 16:15:
Don't care. Where's BG3?

i've often wondered what BG3 would even be about, and was cynically thinking how it would have to be about you amid the celestial planes as a new god, doing battle against other deities, gathering worshippers.. and the more i think about it the more i think that sounds fucking awesome.

11. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 18:41 sauron

s1mon75 wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 14:50:
Seriously cant wait for this either! Played it through a few times back in the day and im very excited about doing it all again.

When it arrives on Android, I'll be all over it. Hoping they can also ship Planescape:Torment to mobile platforms.

Playing BG while lying in bed and sipping a cool glass of something good? Yum.

Kittens!

10. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 18:09 Icewind

Recently reinstalled BGTutu with the widescreen mod, unfinished business and the classic GUI mod...can't imagine why anyone would want this "new" one since amazingly the tutu team finally fixed the Beregost bug a couple revisions ago.

I'll keep my money for Project Eternity.

9. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 17:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Zarkonis wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 16:15:
Don't care. Where's BG3?

Project Eternity will be as close as we're likely to receive, now that Bioware is a smoking ruin(metaphorically speaking).

As far as BG2 Enhanced... I've already put months of my life into that game, vanilla and then with the gigabytes of available well made mods... they're going to have to enhance the shit out of it at this point.

8. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 17:34 heroin

Yeah, I don't see what they could possibly "enhance" except for more resolution options and I'm pretty sure that has already been modded - I know it was for Planescape: Torment at least - which really needed it.  

7. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 16:25 Tavil

Really cant wait for BG Enhanced to come out. it will be nice to play a BG thats updated for highres, widescreen without going through the pain of patches. Looking forward to BG II enhanced aswell. I hope they give Icewind Dale 1 and 2 the same treatment eventually!  

6. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 16:15 Zarkonis

Don't care. Where's BG3?  
Slow and steady might not win the race at first, until you shoot everyone ahead of you.

5. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 15:34 Scottish Martial Arts

From what I can gather, there's very little that's "enhanced" about this release. Primarily it's a port for tablets, with a few new NPCs and a new quest/area. I think I'll just stick with BGT.  

4. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 15:07 nin

Moog wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 13:57:
Is the BG1 revamp still not going to be on Steam?

Last I heard it's still going to be on moonpoodle. The fact that their MDK2 remake eventually showed up is a good sign, but it could be a long time before it shows up on steam.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 14:50 s1mon75

2. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 14:28 Techie714 ©

REALLY looking forward to this revamp! I wish we would see more older games have this same treatment...Hopefully it's good.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 11, 2012, 13:57 Moog

Is the BG1 revamp still not going to be on Steam?  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo