Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming

The Bethesda Blog announces the removal of the original DOOM 3 from Steam is now remedied, and the standalone versions of DOOM 3 and the Resurrection of Evil expansion are now available at a lowered price for those not interested in the DOOM 3 BFG Edition’s release. This will allow players to play online with other owners of the standalone edition, as well as the ability to install the user-created modifications for id Software's shooter sequel. They also reveal that there may be more user content coming to the new edition, as word is: "For players with the BFG Edition of the game, you’ll be happy to know that we’ll be releasing the GPL source code in the near future. Stay tuned for updates."

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 19:13 theyarecomingforyou

^Drag0n^ wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 18:14:
Seriously....that is beyond over the line. Relax.
I apologise. How about: id Software did a boo-boo and Mr "Must Try Harder" Carmack can go fellate a porpoise?

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 19:00 jacobvandy

Okay, okay, how about "not too bad of a job?"  

13. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 18:30 nin

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 14:49:
Let's give kudos where kudos are due. The community complained about this, and Zenimax put the game back in like 10 days.

That deserves a "good job" Zenimax.

Creston

They don't get a "good job" since it shouldn't have been pulled to begin with.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 18:14 ^Drag0n^

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 15:11:
So fuck id Software and Mr "I Suck Dick" Carmack.

Seriously....that is beyond over the line. Relax.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

11. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 17:38 Icewind

edaciousx wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 16:18:
dang dude. you ok there?

And how do you know for certain that they planned to "Milk" money? Do you have evidence?

I envy little 20 somethings like you, fresh out of high school and born into the 21st century thinking that everything is roses and rainbows.

Yes, companies are only interested in doing as the customer wishes and will never steal from or manipulate their customers. Oh how naive and simplistic your thought process is.

Gaming is more about money now than it has ever been. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see they did it to milk sales for all they were worth.

Next you're going to tell me EA didn't remove their games from steam to bump up sales of them on Origin. Of course, EA paid for that and had to re-up them on steam to placate the masses.

See, big companies do in fact love us!

Kids.

10. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 16:30 The Half Elf

How about that Zenimax wasn't making money on the BFG Edition, and rather then make no money, put Doom 3 and expansion back on the most profitable digital marketplace?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 16:18 edaciousx

dang dude. you ok there?

And how do you know for certain that they planned to "Milk" money? Do you have evidence? Could have just been a simple and honest mistake. Maybe they were told everything would work fine and things didn't work fine. There are a lot of people that handle games and how they are produced marketed and sold... so i'm sure it wasn't just one guys decision and i'm sure there were some mis-communication too.

8. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 15:52 ochentay4

shihonage wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 15:20:
Dead Space 2 on Steam continues to be horribly broken while they fix Doom 3, a subpar game nobody plays.

Hilarious.

See, buying Dead Space 2 on Steam rewards you with a DLC "feature" which makes all items in the shop free - even the most powerful ones. All the prices are FUBAR'd.

You can go around that and redeem Dead Space 2 code via Origin, and get Dead Space 2 v1.0, which does not have that problem - unfortunately it has a game-breaking bug which creates constant noise and mini-inventory never goes away from the screen.

The sane solution, I suppose, is to get a pirated cracked patched version, but at this point I am too tired to bother.
Then they complain about gaming piracy. Another good example is The Saboteur on Origin. Cant put the beta patch and the game runs like crap.

7. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 15:20 shihonage

Dead Space 2 on Steam continues to be horribly broken while they fix Doom 3, a subpar game nobody plays.

Hilarious.

See, buying Dead Space 2 on Steam rewards you with a DLC "feature" which makes all items in the shop free - even the most powerful ones. All the prices are FUBAR'd.

You can go around that and redeem Dead Space 2 code via Origin, and get Dead Space 2 v1.0, which does not have that problem - unfortunately it has a game-breaking bug which creates constant noise and mini-inventory never goes away from the screen.

The sane solution, I suppose, is to get a pirated cracked patched version, but at this point I am too tired to bother.

6. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 15:11 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 14:49:
Let's give kudos where kudos are due. The community complained about this, and Zenimax put the game back in like 10 days.

Bethesda pulled a dick move yet we should be happy that they caved to pressure from fans? It doesn't undo the fact that they tried to get away with this in the first place. Perhaps I'd have a little more confidence in the company if the RAGE mod tools had actually been released with the game as promised - it's been over a year now.

So fuck id Software and Mr "I Suck Dick" Carmack.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

5. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 14:49 Creston

Creston

4. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 14:31 MajorD

Was this due to all the complaints from former fans?

3. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 13:46 deqer

Prez wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 13:35:
While the release of the source code will be welcome news for modders, I don't get why the have split the mod scene for this game. Why don't the mods for the original game and expansion work in the BFG edition?
money.

2. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 13:45 Jivaro

Dammit Prez..take your reason and logic somewhere else. It has no place in the gaming industry.  

1. Re: Original DOOM 3 Back on Steam; BFG Source Release Coming Nov 10, 2012, 13:35 Prez

While the release of the source code will be welcome news for modders, I don't get why the have split the mod scene for this game. Why don't the mods for the original game and expansion work in the BFG edition?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo