Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

One More "Defining" Game for Molyneux

"I’m only going to make one more game, I think," famed game designer Peter Molyneux tells BeefJack. "And that thought – the thought of every ounce of my energy, every ounce of my experience, every mistake that I’ve made in every single game – if I can learn from that, and use that energy to make one game… that’s what I’m trying to do." This comes on the heels of the release of Curiosity and word that this first of his company's experiments to lead up to this one more world changing game is not likely to be released for PCs as originally planned. They also have word on the next experiment in this series, Co-Operation, which Molyneux has described as being "like a tug of war," saying this may launch within 48 hours, which, going by the date of the of the interview, means it's already overdue. As for this upcoming full game that will cap his career, at this point it seems ambition is the only part that's fully planned: "Could I sit down and describe it to you in full at the moment? No, I can’t," he said. "But that is my thought. We’re going to make a game, we’re going to learn what it is to make a game in today’s world, and it’s going to be the defining game of my career." Thanks Develop.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 21:39 Nucas

Smellfinger wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 10:34:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 05:49:
Carmack is an "irreverent one hit wonder"... what?

A more accurate description of Carmack and Romero would be 'talented developers who defined a genre but haven't produced anything of relevance since the 1990s'. Molyneux falls under the same description, more or less.

i wish carmack surrounded himself with more creative people.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 11, 2012, 13:54 HorrorScope

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 13:03:
Christ you people here are heartless

He had no problem lying to people about Milo in mass. There was no way it was going to do what he said it was, he knew that 1000%, but COULDN'T careless about those losers in the audience. So we return the favor back to him, only seems fitting.

He has to live by the motto: "Sucker born every minute". That is pretty much all of what he has been doing for years now, boils down to.

36. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 13:48 ASeven

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 13:03:
What are you eight years old?

This coming from you. Priceless.

35. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 13:27 Rhett

This man sounds crazy.

But I still <3 Black & White. I should install it...

34. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 13:03 Rattlehead

Christ you people here are heartless and cruel, acting as if this man did something to harm you in anyway. Telling him to "fuck off"? What are you eight years old?

Maybe the guy has gone off the deep end, so what?

33. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 10:34 Smellfinger

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 05:49:

A more accurate description of Carmack and Romero would be 'talented developers who defined a genre but haven't produced anything of relevance since the 1990s'. Molyneux falls under the same description, more or less.

32. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 09:01 Prez

Moog wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 08:49:

All talk, no trousers - I don't know why the shite he spouts is reported!

Mostly because his penchant for over-hyping and under-delivering IS the story.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

31. Re: One More "Defining" Game for Molyneux Nov 11, 2012, 08:49 Moog

I'm still waiting for the promised Dungeon Keeper mode where you create your dungeon and upload it to the internet for other people to adventure in whilst your are offline - what happened to that 'feature'.

All talk, no trousers - I don't know why the shite he spouts is reported!

30. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 06:29 The Half Elf

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 15:53:
He has already defined himself. Molyneux = 1 hit wonderboy,now irreverent. Ditto Carmack amd Romaro. Just

Yeah because all of his years at Bullfrog and Lions Head were wasted?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

29. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 06:02 Sepharo

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 04:55:
Prez wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 00:33:
As incorrect as it is, "I could care less" is an acceptable American colloquialism. It drives English majors crazy but they'll tell you the same thing.
A english professor I had, had an interesting statement on the entire thing. "Don't worry, your average english major is 100 to 200 years behind the times on english. Everything will drive them crazy, and the world will be a better place for it."

Lurve it.

28. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 05:49 Fibrocyte

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 15:53:
He has already defined himself. Molyneux = 1 hit wonderboy,now irreverent. Ditto Carmack amd Romaro. Just

27. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 04:55 Mashiki Amiketo

As incorrect as it is, "I could care less" is an acceptable American colloquialism. It drives English majors crazy but they'll tell you the same thing.
A english professor I had, had an interesting statement on the entire thing. "Don't worry, your average english major is 100 to 200 years behind the times on english. Everything will drive them crazy, and the world will be a better place for it."

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

26. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 03:17 Nate

Jerykk wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 23:42:
Nate wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 15:17:
I could care less about this guy. Please stop reporting crap related to him.

Couldn't care less. Could care less means you do care, otherwise you wouldn't be able to care less. Saying you couldn't care less means you don't care at all, which is what you mean to say.

Vindicated!

25. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 00:33 Prez

Jerykk wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 23:42:

Couldn't care less. Could care less means you do care, otherwise you wouldn't be able to care less. Saying you couldn't care less means you don't care at all, which is what you mean to say.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 00:00 Bhruic

wonkawonka wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 22:56:
Let's at least acknowledge that he did make Populous, Dungeon Keeper, B&W and Fable.

Yup, I still give him credit. Right now his biggest problem is that he comes up with game ideas that just aren't feasible. Black and White could have been an amazing game if they'd been able to pull off all they wanted to. The Fable series has always had interesting ideas attached to it that they've never managed to deliver on.

I guess the negative to that is he ends up constantly trying to make products that he just can't make, but in a lot of ways I prefer that to churning out the latest CoD sequel.

23. Re: One More Nov 10, 2012, 23:42 Jerykk

22. Re: One More "Defining" Game for Molyneux Nov 10, 2012, 22:56 wonkawonka

Let's at least acknowledge that he did make Populous, Dungeon Keeper, B&W and Fable.
That's more than most in this industry!
And he's supposedly credited for inventing the God game genre, whether it's true or not. He certainly had the first big success in the genre though.

21. Re: One More Nov 10, 2012, 22:01 nin

ASeven wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 15:41:
What if the Curiosity cube prize is to make a game with the help of Molyneux?

That WOULD actually be neat. A far better prize than anything I would assume it would be.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

20. Re: One More Nov 10, 2012, 21:01 NewMaxx

ASeven wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 15:41:
What if the Curiosity cube prize is to make a game with the help of Molyneux?

Even better, a kickstarter project! whooooo

19. Re: One More "Defining" Game for Molyneux Nov 10, 2012, 19:27 Wolfen

Blackableopulus and White?  

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo